Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 9:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2003 12:26:27 AM EDT by nonono90]
Well after driving down to olympia and back, I get home start putting together my lower receiver. I'm putting in the triger guard pin, and its not wanting to go in. About half way through, I relize that the triger guard is upside down. I think " not that bad I'll just turn it around and hammer it back out". NOPE. Instead I spend fifteen minutes getting it even more stuck.

I'm thinking I'll need to have it drilled out. Can someone tell me who I should contact tommorow about getting this damned pin problem fixed? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to correct my stupidity?

Is this something that I could just get someone with a drill press to remove, or should I just take it to a gunsmith?

This comes at the worst time, got a notice today that my 1000rounds of ammo came in . Guess its gonna be a few more days.

Thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:51:37 PM EDT
I'm working the Monroe show tomorrow, but I'd love to see what you've gotten yourself into...
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:27:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2003 12:29:27 AM EDT by nonono90]
hehehe.... I'd love to show you if'd you'll fix it for me.

If I show up at the show would I be able to get a triger guard roll pin, and a few used 30rd usgi mags?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:46:25 AM EDT
Far as the shwo goes, trigger guard roll pin, no problem, USGI 30's at a reasonable price in decent shape, i.e. no cracked feed lips etc. maybe but dont hold yer breathe. To remove the roll pin "properly" you need a roll pin punch and something to support the "ears" of the triggerguard. The only thing I've seen or broke myself on a AR lower is the triggerguard ears because they are so thin and unsupported. Once you break them the rifle wont have a triggerguard. Oly will replace their lowers with a same numbered lower for $100, dunno about Mega though. HTH
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:14:35 AM EDT
I got punches and stuff, parts too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:11:11 AM EDT
Yea, go spend a dime or two at Da_Bunnys table so he will quit whining!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:59:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2003 10:31:22 AM EDT by nonono90]
Figured I'd atleast give it one more try, 18 minutes of hitting the punch on the head with a hammer, and it came out. FINALLY.
Matt
Top Top