Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2003 10:13:10 PM EDT
i just applied for my Washington CPL. being that i am not officially a resident of washington yet(been here less than 90 days), will it actually take the entire 60 days to get my permit? or do they just give that as an outside time frame, and it usually comes faster? also do they mail it to my house, or will i have to go down to the police dept to pick it up.

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 11:43:29 PM EDT
Mine was in my mailbox 48 hours later.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 11:52:39 PM EDT
Its normally 30 days, and I got mine on day 30. In the mail. I got my WA DL first, then went and applied.

State Website

The processing time varies, however, the license should be issued within 30 days of applying. If the person does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington State identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing agency may take up to sixty days to issue the license.

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:59:19 AM EDT
What city are you applying in?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:47:09 AM EDT

Lacey
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:57:30 PM EDT
I was told 30 days and it was in my mailbox on day 24. WA is a lot better about the CPL than is OR. OR takes evry bit of the 60 days. Just one more reason to not live there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:31:55 PM EDT
I really think it depends on the jurisdiction. Renton told me 10 business days for my renewal, and it took exactly 10 business days.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:48:03 PM EDT
I does depend on your jurisdiction. Mason Co took about a week for me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:25:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YANKEEFAN:
I was told 30 days and it was in my mailbox on day 24. WA is a lot better about the CPL than is OR. OR takes evry bit of the 60 days. Just one more reason to not live there.

I'd gladly wait that extra 36 days if it meant I could own an M16, RDIAS, or other Class III goodies.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:33:54 PM EDT
They have up to 60 days to issue it, how long it takes within that time frame is basically up to the issuers discretion.

When I had applied for mine and not gotten it with in the specified 30 day limit, I called on about day #33 and they found it had been filed in the "60 day wait drawer" Looks like maybe the King Country Sheriff downtown Seattle office has a system in place to take all the time that the can.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:39:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kooter:

Lacey

Yeah, it'll probably take you the full time.

When I got mine, I called up about a week after I did the app, and they told me I couldn't come and get it until the 30 days was up. (This was before I knew how to bitch at them)

I asked them if there was any way I could get it sooner. They said come down during the day and ask the Chief, so I did and he gave it to me saying I didn't have to talk to him, the receptionist was just a moron.

On the other hand, a friend of mine in Kitsap County got his in the mail the day after he filled out the app.

Just different with each area.

-UHLEK-
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:33:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:40:23 AM EDT
i called the thruston county sherrif dept to see if they only did it on certain days and if i needed to bring anything special with me. they said since i live in the city limits that i had to go to the police dept.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:55:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boomer:

Originally Posted By YANKEEFAN:

I'd gladly wait that extra 36 days if it meant I could own an M16, RDIAS, or other Class III goodies.

I will second that!!!

OR-Non-Res took right at 30 days for me??? Multnomah County is supposed to be one of the slower turn arounds from what I hear also....
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:38:32 PM EDT

OR-Non-Res took right at 30 days for me

oregon doesn't accept a washington cpl? in that case, how much does the oregon non-res permit cost. don't plan on going that way anytime soon, but if i do have to eventually, i would feel better knowing i wouldn't have to go defensless
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:21:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kooter:
oregon doesn't accept a washington cpl? in that case, how much does the oregon non-res permit cost. don't plan on going that way anytime soon, but if i do have to eventually, i would feel better knowing i wouldn't have to go defensless

Correct, OR does not accept the WA Cpl. I beleive my OR non-res permit cost me $60. Unless you work in Multnomah county I don't think that OR, at least Multnomah County, will give you a Cpl. In a previous thread I remember someone mentioning that the sheriff in the county where Astoria is located is very pro-gun and will grant non-res Cpl's. HTH
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:21:14 PM EDT
Mine was in the City of Tacoma and took all of 2 days(4 years ago). My wifes took 2 days in Snohomish County, last year. As for Oregon, try www.packing.org . I know 2 guys who've gotten OR Non Res CPLs, one from Pendleton and one from Astoria. Minor hoop jumping and some cash and it was a done deal. As lil as I go to OR I don't have one, but that doesnt mean I'm not armed. HTH
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:55:37 PM EDT
I got my CPL in Redmond a few years ago, after I was printed and did the paper work they said it would take up to 30 days or something. So I drove home and by the time I got home (20 minutes) I have a message on my answering machine that my CPL was ready for me to pick up. So I was surprised to say the least. I wish everything else was as fast with government.
Top Top