Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/13/2003 8:51:58 PM EDT
Dispite all the research I did on the Glock 23 I decided to go with the E.D.9. Found one at a local shop for $425.00 out the door. Any high fives????
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:29:24 PM EDT
I have the XD-40, I like it so far, I almost went with the 9mm, but just could not do it.

I think you will be very happy, if you want you can use the XD-40 mags and up your amount of ammo in the mag.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 12:26:50 AM EDT

I rented one at Wades and it was a jamomatic. Hopefully it was just because it had never been cleaned (it looked like it had never been cleaned).

Have you guys had good luck with yours? What was so frustrating about this one was not just that it jammed, but it jammed in a way that was very difficult for me to clear.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 12:51:45 AM EDT
I have had great luck with mine, I have only put about 300 rds down range. The pistol is very smooth and seemd to shoot a little high at first, but I took a 6-oclock aim and that seem to put the rds pretty much on target. As with any pistol you have to at least knock off the crud, But im very anal about cleaing my firearms. So I have not had any feed probs. I have heard that some of the 9mm's at first did have a prob with failure to feed but noting a little polishing cant fix. Check out the handgun section of the board, there seems to be a pretty large amount of info avail. on the XD pistols.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:43:33 AM EDT
I have had perfect reliability with my XD-40, no jams, no problems with factory magazines and factory ammo.

I do not “pamper” the XD-40 but I do clean it after every range session and it has fired up to 300 rounds at a time without servicing and without issue. Well there was the one issue where I over-oiled it: seems easy for me to do with this firearm.

$425 is not a bad price, but you do net get any high fives until you get below $400. However, given the somewhat scarce availability of these firearms, you can be confident that you found the firearm you want at a fair price.

BTW: I like the Winchester ‘winclean’ ammo (165gr) the best, but it is pricey. The standard Winchester ammo works very well too. The only ammo I have heard that the XD-40 does not like is: Foccahi [sic].
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:48:33 AM EDT

Sure is nice to see someone giving glock a serious challenge. The XD isn't the ergonomic slam dunk that a Glock is, but its rather close, and very price competititve.

Top Top