Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 12:33:46 PM EDT
Hey guys! I am thinking about building some target stands that I can easily take apart for transport to and from my shooting area. But would be sturdy enough in a breeze. Just wondering if any of you guys have any interesting set-ups and/or designs you'd like to share. i am also curious as to the various targets you guys might employ.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:46:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2003 12:49:27 PM EDT by -UHLEK-]
Okay, it's pretty ghetto, but it works and is cheap as hell.

Go to Home Depot and buy a particleboard sheet of plywood (4'x8'). ($5-$6)

Have them cut 3 times so you have 4- 2'x4' sections. Cut each of those in half so you have 8- 2'x2'

Get some 8' long 1"x2" pine ($2-$3) One lenght per each 2'x2' board

have them cut that into two 3' sections and one 2' section.

nail the 2' section right in the middle of a section of 2'x2' plywood. then nail the 3' lengths in a "T" to the 2' length you just nailed.

tack on or tape your favorite target to that and you are good to go.

It should look like below when viewed from the side.(see my ASCII art, )

.../
../\
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:47:53 PM EDT
I've been meaning to build some as well. I saw some when I was in Eastern Wa shooting with Wombat that were pretty simple yet very sturdy. Mostly made out of 1x2 planks but I can't remember exactly how the bases were put together.

There were 2 posts with 2 cross members at the top to staple the targets to. They just slipped right into a hole formed by more 1x2s put together at the base. I don't recall the dimensions or anything but they worked pretty slick.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:14:33 AM EDT
I came up with a pretty efficient design using some spare 1"x4" boards and some 1"x2" lumber. Its hard to explain, but cheap and easy to put together. Let me draw something up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:30:08 AM EDT
IM me with your email addr, and I will send you the pic.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:56:13 PM EDT
I have been talking with a buddy of mine and we came up with and idea using 3/4" pvc pipe. It would be easy to put together and tear down, but I don't think it would do well against bullets. Thoughts???

Lord_Grey_Boots, just sent you an IM. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:15:21 AM EDT
I think it was fishkepr that brought some made out of PVC to the last Chehalis shoot. They were great for accurate, single shot type target shooting. They did not work well when 20+ guys each dumped a full mag downrange! But then again, who here would do that!
Top Top