Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:39:00 PM EDT
I'm going under the knife for outpatient hernia surgery Friday.

It's a minor surgery on my abdomen and has only a very slight chance of complications.

All the same I will be out of commision for at least two weeks and most likely three.  I'm off work until June 15th and will finally get to use up my sick pay that is nearly impossible to use in my line of work.

You have to have a baby or be in the hospital to get any sick pay and I'm not pregnant yet although for  awhile I could have passed for prego with my gut.  I've lost most of it and the love handles are almost gone also.  

If your religious pray for me and if your not just stop saying all that bad stuff about me until after I've recovered.  

Thanks.
TheErnFormerlyKnownAsBig
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck brother, if you need anything, anything at all call 2WP. Just kidding hope everything goes well, you could still meet up and supervise a shoot though right?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Supervise a shoot?  Hell, we'll just prop his not so fat azz up on a stump and hand him the guns.  He can shoot for himself as soon as the stitches set. Either that or we can set him down range so he can hold the tannerite!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll hold the tannerite if your shooting.  That way I'll be safe.

I can't risk going shooting and messing up my recovery.  I've put myself on the road to a career change and I can't risk a setback.

Thanks for the happy thoughts.

How did your wife do this weekend?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll hold the tannerite if your shooting.  That way I'll be safe.
OUCH!!!

How did your wife do this weekend?

1 AND 16
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just a quick note.....

I had (left knee) ACL surgery a few years ago...

When I Went to check in, we went thru some records, she said "right shoulder repair"?

I FLIPPED OUT!!!

(WE ended up writing all over my body with Magic MArker "NO CUT-SEE LEFT KNEE" & "CUT HERE")

So...Hernia? A little close for comfort....You could wake up bigernetta....Double check everything, Magic Marker, Magic Marker, Magic Marker.....

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So...Hernia? A little close for comfort....You could wake up bigernetta....

"So, you're here for the lopitoffofme?"
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a quick note.....

I had (left knee) ACL surgery a few years ago...

When I Went to check in, we went thru some records, she said "right shoulder repair"?

I FLIPPED OUT!!!

(WE ended up writing all over my body with Magic MArker "NO CUT-SEE LEFT KNEE" & "CUT HERE")

So...Hernia? A little close for comfort....You could wake up bigernetta....Double check everything, Magic Marker, Magic Marker, Magic Marker.....

It's an abdominal surgery so I'm going to write "this side up" on my gut and "no entry" on my ass
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Just your luck your nurse will be a man hater and see the stuff, you will wake up with a sore butt and bill for an emergency hydrocolonic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not dead  yet so don't start divying up my crap.

One hernia turned into three when they cut me open.  Now it's laying around the house for a few days and  then taking it easy for a few weeks.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Supervise a shoot?  Hell, we'll just prop his not so fat azz up on a stump and hand him the guns.  He can shoot for himself as soon as the stitches set. Either that or we can set him down range so he can hold the tannerite!

Actually, after I had some abdominal surgery last fall, the doctor warned me no pistol shooting for six weeks and no rifles for two months.  (Lucky I didn't mention the Lahti 20mm or I wouldn't have been shooting again for years)
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't even ask the doctor about shooting but that is only because I'm supposed to do nothing for the first 10 days.  That's when I have another appt. with the doctor.  

My wife is Physical Therapist so she will coordinate with the doctor on my rehab..

My surgery was less invasive than abdominal surgery because it was just hernia work.  Although they did find 2 extra hernias when they got in there.  My colon was trying to poke through one of the openings and if I had ignored the hernia and continued to lose weight like have been the last bit of fat that was holding the colon back would have disappeared.  Then the colon would have slipped through and had it's blood supply cut off killing the colon.

Then it would have been bye bye colon and hello colostomy/crap bag on my hip for the rest of my life.  35 is too young for that to happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top