Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 8:53:18 PM EDT
I was just reading another thread and I noticed that Phil_in_Seattle mentioned that he and several other guys all reside in Ballard...

I happen to live real close - Queen Anne near Freemont Bridge...

Just thinkin' we should maybe think about gettin' together , have a beer sometime , shoot the shit...

t
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch out, you will have the entire BDF out there...

Friday night I saw the SPD helicopter up that way, and then passed the SPD APC headed up there. I figured the BDF would have solved any problems up there....WTF?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Watch out, you will have the entire BDF out there...

Friday night I saw the SPD helicopter up that way, and then passed the SPD APC headed up there. I figured the BDF would have solved any problems up there....WTF?

That was a drill...only a drill... nothing to see here move along...

I wonder how 30-06 and 300WM AP would work on that APC of thiers?  Swiss cheese?

Seriously though there are a ton of better bars in Ballard to go to than Sunset Bowl.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
BDF?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Ballard all the time, I'd be up for a beer or six with you guys.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BDF?

Ballard
Defense
Force

Save the lutefish from yuppie scum!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Ja.
Phil, it's LutefisK - with a 'K'.

You think we oughtta have some BDF T-Shirts made up?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ja.
Phil, it's LutefisK - with a 'K'.

You think we oughtta have some BDF T-Shirts made up?

What the hell do I know, I'm Irish/Scottish/German/ and I renounced what little part of me was french already.

Then there is that super sausage stuff too, landjaeger something or other.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I just used the Sunset Bowl title to get the Ballard folk's attention...

I would be down with grabbin' a beer and meeting you all sometime , so if anyone can think  of a time and place ...just let me know  .

t

p.s. feel free to IM me...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#9]
mk_ultra:

Soon, on a weekend day, we can figure out the time and place for a BDF Alliance Conference.

Meanwhile, here's some links (internet AND sausage!) to satiate the Scandinavian Curious---

Food first;
www.mindspring.com/~scanfoods/recipes.htm
I'm thinking of a festive dinner with Lutefisk; Lefse; Pickled Herring and Rulapolsa!
I'm only a 1/4 Swede.  Thank God I'm not Norweigan!

http://www.mindspring.com/~scanfoods/recipes.htm
This is about the Emerald City, including Queen Anne Hill...and, a quote from that page re BALLARD;

"Perhaps the most widely teased but beloved neighborhood in Seattle is Ballard. Another of Queen Anne's neighbors, Ballard was originally the center of life for Norwegian fishermen and their families. Even though the demographics have changed somewhat, the Scandinavian influence is overwhelming. Nordic flags always line the main avenue, and many of the stores down Market Street sell Scandinavian specialties (and often the employees have strong accents).
Many of the streets in this older neighborhood have modest brick or wood homes, but Ballard also claims some of the most breathtaking views of Puget Sound around.
Golden Gardens is the perfect place to sit on the beach and watch sailboats against a backdrop of the Olympic Mountains. While Fremont reflects the lifestyle of young adults, Ballard attracts the older crowd.
Ballard is the home of the infamous BALLARD DRIVER!  
This menace to the road is known by the locals to drive a steady 15 mph with the left turn signal blinking incessantly while the seatbelt dangles out of the door, dragging on the road. The Ballard Driver's bumper proudly wears a white sticker with blue and red letters that spell "Uffda," a charming phrase that apparently means "Oops." Ballard is a really homey place. "Ya sure, Ya Betcha!" "
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds good to me...

this all makes sense to me , it is probably because I am from Milwaukee , Wisconsin...

anyway , a day on the weekend sounds good  , I'll probably bring my roomate , He is from Minnesota and also a gun lovin' weirdo as well...

take care

t
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in for a beer, any time anywhere(almost). Especially with my nordic brothers!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Molly Maguire's on 65th is a good Irish bar, with lot's of good whiskey...

Hey CavVet, You saw that SPD helicopter go INTO BDF controlled territory, but did you see it come out?

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#13]

By the way... I was wearing my AR15.com hat while watching the Syttende Mai parade, I didn't see any others though...

Chris
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#14]
We have a HAT?
Geez, I gotta get around site a little more...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Yup! I have my OFFICIAL AR15.com Team Washington hat...

Go HERE to see and order it.

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey CavVet, You saw that SPD helicopter go INTO BDF controlled territory, but did you see it come out?

Cheers,
Chris

Actually the story is better than that. I saw the bird and the armored car. My taxi buddy said his customer, a bartender down by the locks, said SPD put a 'sniper' on their roof aiming at Magnolia (same place I saw the bird).

Nothing was on TV. I sent King5 & Komo an email. King5 didnt respond. KOMO sent me an email saying it was a guy held up in Ballard. I asked for a link to the stroy and told her I did know the major difference between Ballard & Magnolia. No response.

Maybe the Mayor freaked out on his BF or something. I dunno. Really weird though. Tin foil on!

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#17]
See they didn't actually enter into BFDs AO, they know where there be dragons.

And the bar that got robbed after closing by 3-4 gunman a couple of weeks back, was the FireHouse, not the sort of place that the BFD members would frequent
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Well , it is Saturday , as of yet , I have no plans for tonight....

so , for me tonight would be a good night to try for a get together....

I don't know too many bars in the area , the only Ballard bar I have been to is Hattie's Hat so , if any one has a suggestion , I am open to anything...

feel free to e-mail or IM me if anyone is interested in a meet and greet tonight

tom
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#19]
You could always come play with the WSM in West Seattle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#20]
BDF = Ballard Defense Force

WSM = West Seattle Militia?

Now we gotta come up with something for the Queen Anne crew...

QA?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:51:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Since Pesos has more [CENSORED] than a gynecologists office, how about the Pesos [CENSORED] Patrol?

Mecca Mauraders? Ozzies Rangers?

Sorry, but Queen Anne calls for a bad sound... QAQ's?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

QA?

How about the "EXCUSE ME!  I said LIGHT FOAM on this latte!!!!" crew?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#23]
What if we combined forces we could then soon rule the world.............

CNN: The Greater Seattle 69th Regiment Chairborne Rangers, moved on Starbucks headquaters today. Their Demand; Yuppie free zones in the coffee houses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top