Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pretty much a big nothing burger here too.
View Quote

Roads were fine on my way from PA > WV > OH.
]
Looks like another storm system coming through early thursday.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Things could get interesting this afternoon/evening as the temperature drops into the teens.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Things could get interesting this afternoon/evening as the temperature drops into the teens.
View Quote

Yay!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Big nothing burger up here in Mercer county. Some ice but the roads are not bad. 80 is clear. I can still see my grass in some places.
View Quote

Grass?

We have around 8 inches of snow under this ice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Grass?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big nothing burger up here in Mercer county. Some ice but the roads are not bad. 80 is clear. I can still see my grass in some places.

Grass?

Grass. Maybe some drifting, but I can see about half my yard. The rest with snow might have an inch or 2.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Grass. Maybe some drifting, but I can see about half my yard. The rest with snow might have an inch or 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grass?

lucky you.  there are drifts in my yard that are over my knees.  Washington county.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lucky you.  there are drifts in my yard that are over my knees.  Washington county.
View Quote

you're a short man
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Im probably pushing 8-9 here. Not too bad. It made a pain to trek through thougj stacking slabs
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Im probably pushing 8-9 here. Not too bad. It made a pain to trek through thougj stacking slabs
View Quote
if you are talking about slabs of wood, I use my snowblower to make paths.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yepp, been milling in my off time. I did some cherry over days off out near cheat lake. Needless to say i didnt have the paths made lol. I nanaged though; made for a good workout and some nice wood
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:08:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yepp, been milling in my off time. I did some cherry over days off out near cheat lake. Needless to say i didnt have the paths made lol. I nanaged though; made for a good workout and some nice wood
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you do with the lumber?

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ive sold some green slabs that i wont use. Others i ripped the bark off and started drying for my own use. Using some red oak now for a dining room table. Took it up as a side hobby for when things slowed down for wireline. Plan is to get a kiln set up this spring, and possibly start selling more in the future. Currently only milling up to 36" wide now, hopefully will have a double ended milling bar soon that should put me up to 72".Still trucking fir oil and gas?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ive sold some green slabs that i wont use. Others i ripped the bark off and started drying for my own use. Using some red oak now for a dining room table. Took it up as a side hobby for when things slowed down for wireline. Plan is to get a kiln set up this spring, and possibly start selling more in the future. Currently only milling up to 36" wide now, hopefully will have a double ended milling bar soon that should put me up to 72".Still trucking fir oil and gas?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every once in a while... money isn't there like it was.
I haul to all kinds of industrial locations also.

Lumpy likes to make shit with lumber.  @bulump

Maybe he'll be interested
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]
penndot announced plans to put a toll on the I79  bridge over Rt50 in Bridgeville.

8 other bridges across the state will suffer the same fate.

you know this isnt going to stop with these 9.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
penndot announced plans to put a toll on the I79  bridge over Rt50 in Bridgeville.

8 other bridges across the state will suffer the same fate.

you know this isnt going to stop with these 9.
View Quote

Fuck penndot. Fuck PA. Tax tax tax toll toll toll.

What a shithole.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#16]
They said in the article they claim it's due to declining fuel tax revenue then casually mention PennDots 8 billion dollar deficit they need to make up. Fortunately there are lots of routes that can be taken to avoid 79.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They said in the article they claim it's due to declining fuel tax revenue then casually mention PennDots 8 billion dollar deficit they need to make up. Fortunately there are lots of routes that can be taken to avoid 79.
View Quote

Toll won't end when the repairs are done either. Look at the Johnstown Flood tax.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Hopefully it gets killed in the public comment phase and they hire a financial advisor instead to help them properly manage our money.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
well I can go around in my rig, but its like 20 minutes longer and I use that bridge sometimes 6 times a day.  Also taking the back way also takes me around the scales and the fuzz sits on the southpoint ramp and pulls over trucks going around the scales.  so its really not  that advantageous for commercial driver to go around.

toll is supposed to be around a dollar per car... commercial vehicles usually pay 3+ times the car rate.  87000 vehicles use that bridge daily.
 12% trucks
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
well I can go around in my rig, but its like 20 minutes longer and I use that bridge sometimes 6 times a day.  Also taking the back way also takes me around the scales and the fuzz sits on the southpoint ramp and pulls over trucks going around the scales.  so its really not  that advantageous for commercial driver to go around.

toll is supposed to be around a dollar per car... commercial vehicles usually pay 3+ times the car rate.  87000 vehicles use that bridge daily.
 12% trucks
View Quote

Could you get off at Houston and run up over the hill to 980 or is that restricted?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Could you get off at Houston and run up over the hill to 980 or is that restricted?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

12% trucks

Chartiers run road or something like that.  local trucks use that alot.  then what? take 980 to 50 and over to Bridgeville and the possible traffic nightmare around that interchange? thats a 30 minute ride in a commercial vehicle.  I'll pay the toll instead.  time is way more expensive than an extra $20 bucks a day.  also its at least 15 miles longer.  2-4 mpg, do that math.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Chartiers run road or something like that.  local trucks use that alot.  then what? take 980 to 50 and over to Bridgeville and the possible traffic nightmare around that interchange? thats a 30 minute ride in a commercial vehicle.  I'll pay the toll instead.  time is way more expensive than an extra $20 bucks a day.  also its at least 15 miles longer.  2-4 mpg, do that math.
View Quote

Yeah, N. Main -> Chartiers Run -> 980. You can take 980 all the way up to the McDonald/Midway interchange on 22/30. Not sure where you are running to and from so it may not benefit you at all. I've found that it's about equal in time versus 79 -> 376 -> 22/30.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Daughter went back to "school" (daycare) this week for the first time since covid started. Went to bed fine but woke up three hours later with Croup.

So got to spend a few hours in Children's ER last night. My daughter is a boss though, and had to wear sunglasses through the whole experience so the doctors knew she was the *cool girl."
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah, N. Main -> Chartiers Run -> 980. You can take 980 all the way up to the McDonald/Midway interchange on 22/30. Not sure where you are running to and from so it may not benefit you at all. I've found that it's about equal in time versus 79 -> 376 -> 22/30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just realized now that if you get on at bridgeville you still have to go across that bridge
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Every once in a while... money isn't there like it was.
I haul to all kinds of industrial locations also.

Lumpy likes to make shit with lumber.  @bulump

Maybe he'll be interested
View Quote

Agreed. I took 2 pay cuts last year as well all while increasing workload and adding new equipment and software. Stage prices have been pretty low too, so the money def isnt what it use to be. Been looking for an out myself still lol. Need to get something to keep me home more with the wife and kids
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Any of you ever taken any carbine or pistol classes locally?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Any of you play airsoft?
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any of you ever taken any carbine or pistol classes locally?
View Quote

Quoted:
Any of you play airsoft?
View Quote

No we're old bums.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any of you play airsoft?
View Quote

I can only afford to shoot these and make pew pew sounds nowadays.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#30]

$0.0024 cpr.  

Just saying
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Shit, my son's airsoft guns are nice; no doubt.

The look in my son's eyes firing an AR for the first time last weekend.

We shot 40 rounds and he was all like: Dad, bring more bullets next time
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Shit, my son's airsoft guns are nice; no doubt.

The look in my son's eyes firing an AR for the first time last weekend.

We shot 40 rounds and he was all like: Dad, bring more bullets next time
View Quote

I do look forward to those experiences with my boys!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any of you play airsoft?
View Quote
I bought a G17 (which is pretty neat) with the intention of playing/training, was planning on getting an AR also.

That plan seems to have died.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I bought a G17 (which is pretty neat) with the intention of playing/training, was planning on getting an AR also.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any of you play airsoft?

Just like my plan to get my HAM license
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any of you play airsoft?

Exactly!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is where I am at, minus the death of the plan. I picked up a pistol and 2 AKs. I plan to (maybe) sell one of the Aks to fund an M4. Airsoft (in theory) seem to be a good way to practice weapons manipulation in a manner more fun than dry fire and less expensive then live fire. There is also the force on force aspect of it if you attend matches/event. I also see it as a way I can introduce and develop firearm safety to my boys prior to their introduction to real firearms.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 1:23:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes I have been to a couple local course, and have worked for a few of them as a assistant instructor.

What are you looking for?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yes I have been to a couple local course, and have worked for a few of them as a assistant instructor.

What are you looking for?
View Quote

@1-75Ranger

I'm open to course suggestions of any kind. I have no formal training of any kind so I was really looking to see if anyone knows of good instructors in the area. If I have to narrow it down I'd really like to find a good defensive carbine course.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#39]
I am going to send you a PM, I can gladly help you find what your looking for

Quoted:

@1-75Ranger

I'm open to course suggestions of any kind. I have no formal training of any kind so I was really looking to see if anyone knows of good instructors in the area. If I have to narrow it down I'd really like to find a good defensive carbine course.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Any gun shows this weekend around Pittsburgh?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Hi friends
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hi friends
View Quote

What's up guy. You been shooting at all lately?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Yes! I actually had about an hour of free time the morning of the 8th so I ran out to the club to test fire/sight in a rifle. I finally ordered those steel targets I talked about getting a year ago and they should be arriving in a few days. My wife brought up going shooting the other night so we'll probably be making a meaningful trip to the range sometime in the next couple weeks. I'll let you know when I have a better idea what day it will be.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yes! I actually had about an hour of free time the morning of the 8th so I ran out to the club to test fire/sight in a rifle. I finally ordered those steel targets I talked about getting a year ago and they should be arriving in a few days. My wife brought up going shooting the other night so we'll probably be making a meaningful trip to the range sometime in the next couple weeks. I'll let you know when I have a better idea what day it will be.
View Quote

Sounds good!

Just found out this weekend we have our second kid on the way, so the time for me to do anything fun is now
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sounds good!

Just found out this weekend we have our second kid on the way, so the time for me to do anything fun is now
View Quote

Congratulations!
Round 2 is a lot easier with the exception of a few unique struggles. Prepare for the oldest to kick off a streak of terror once they realize "their" attention had shifted to the baby
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Congratulations!
Round 2 is a lot easier with the exception of a few unique struggles. Prepare for the oldest to kick off a streak of terror once they realize "their" attention had shifted to the baby
View Quote

My sister just had he second so I'm witnessing it in real time. It's not pretty
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sounds good!

View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Congrats!
View Quote

Thanks!

You ever get out coyote hunting?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thanks!

You ever get out coyote hunting?
View Quote

I got out the three nights of the contest weekend. Nothing. Could have had a fox the one night.

Hunted with the PVS14 year this, no more using visible light. Each year I get more expensive equipment, be it for shooting or cold weather gear. I need to bag a winner on a contest weekend just to help pay for some of it. I enjoy it though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I got out the three nights of the contest weekend. Nothing. Could have had a fox the one night.

Hunted with the PVS14 year this, no more using visible light. Each year I get more expensive equipment, be it for shooting or cold weather gear. I need to bag a winner on a contest weekend just to help pay for some of it. I enjoy it though.
View Quote

I've always wanted to try it out, just never had the gear. I'm trying to talk @hill_monkey into getting thermal
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top