Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking Sat June 27 @ Primanti Brothers in cranberry. Good place for some IC Light and I think the outdoor patio is open.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Hill_Monkey
@camarojsmith
@FLchuck8
@dmac7979
@piccolo

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would any of you guys be interested in an area meet up?  Thinking of maybe a meet n great at Primatis in Cranberry or Robinson.  Or a hike on the Montour Trail?  Would all depend on interest.  

@OverScoped
@JQ66
@JK_Pyre
@josepi
@Jbdpayne

@Hill_Monkey
@camarojsmith
@FLchuck8
@dmac7979
@piccolo

Haven’t had Primantis in a while, in dependent on date.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think a Pittsburgh Arfcom meet up of sorts is due; doesn't have to be anything all that special. It could even be just a few of us gathering to say hey.

I've met a few of yinz in person already. Happy to say I've hunted with one of them the past few years.
View Quote

Sorry to scare all the deers away for ya.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
@JustinHEMI04 bc you've helped us out in the Pittsburgh area.
@Rdot
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m in for cranberry
@laxman09
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I might be able to do cranberry. It’s hard to commit with my wife and I both in school with 2 little ones.  I would know the week of.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Adding @PA452 to the mix
View Quote

Thanks for the invite.

Might be interested depending on date and time. Cranberry would be better for me as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It'll be cranberry for sure. I'm thinking Saturday june 27
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey I'm looking at attending grad school in Pittsburgh and I'd be working full time as well! I'd be looking at living in the Imperial area or the Monroeville/Warrendale area. Any tips you folks can give a Midwesterner about Pittsburgh?
View Quote

Unless it comes out as the cheapest or closest option, you don’t want to move to Monroeville proper. It’s hardly the worst neighborhood in Pittsburgh, but personally I’d just avoid it, which I pretty much do anymore.

You mentioned warrendale - Butler county around cranberry might be OK.  Getting very built up there.   But head north towards Zelienople and above, or west from cranberry into beaver county and there is still lots of farmland

Or you could go east of monroeville towards Murrysville and beyond.   Only thing with these locations is if you have to work in downtown Pittsburgh - your commute will suck.   Maybe it was OK during the height of the corona virus shutdown.   But otherwise traffic sucks, no avoiding it.   It gets a little better in the summer months in the mornings, as there is less school traffic.  Or leave so you hit the tunnels before 6am.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I would try my best to get into butler county. That’s my option from a guy who lives in Mercer county and drives 70 miles a day.. Now I’m working from home so I bought a scorpion with my gas money.

If this shit goes through the winter maybe I’ll end up with an m16.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the invite! I can't make it on the 27th.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I can probably make it out on the 27th as long as I can find a sitter. What time are you all thinking for this meet up? Cranberry also works for me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Im down for a meetup, im closer to burgettstown and Robinson but cranberry is a short trip as well. I work a 20 day on and 10 day off schedule which would be my only setback
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Im down for a meetup, im closer to burgettstown and Robinson but cranberry is a short trip as well. I work a 20 day on and 10 day off schedule which would be my only setback
View Quote

Howdy neighbor I live right by Settlers Cabin.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#15]
What time? 1?4? 6?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I hear McKeesport is nice
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is, but access to the university is tough.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll be going to U Pitt for their Masters of Public Policy. Job wise I've applied at Amazon in Imperial and for a few positions at the Department of Energy.
View Quote

If you get the job at amazon look out around burgettstown and other places in Washington  country.  There are some nice small towns there, lots of rolling farmlands
You will still need to deal with the ugly traffic on the parkway west and tunnel
There are lots of nice things about living in southwestern Pa.  the roads around Pittsburgh aren’t any of them.  Although the view coming out of the Ft Pitt tunnel at night is nice, for a city view
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Howdy neighbor I live right by Settlers Cabin.
View Quote

Not far at all! Im always over in robinson, wife and i had an apartment over off hanky farms for about 2 years so we opted to stick close to the area
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not far at all! Im always over in robinson, wife and i had an apartment over off hanky farms for about 2 years so we opted to stick close to the area
View Quote

Your work schedule sounds like you work oil/gas completions?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What time? 1?4? 6?
View Quote

My wife works weekends so late afternoon/early evening would be best for me. If everyone else would be better off earlier in the day I would just have to see if my folks would watch our two terrors.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

No love for Mckees Rocks
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No love for Mckees Rocks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No love for Mckees Rocks

The rocks is nice too.  Lots of nice fun ladies
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Im on call so theres a chance ill be in clarksburg wv, if not i will be there
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Your work schedule sounds like you work oil/gas completions?
View Quote

Yes sir 6 years of wireline lol
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes sir 6 years of wireline lol
View Quote

7 years in the field myself. Started out doing ground containment, then flowback and now in my 5th year on the production side.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Im on call so theres a chance ill be in clarksburg wv, if not i will be there
View Quote

Hope you can make it!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

7 years in the field myself. Started out doing ground containment, then flowback and now in my 5th year on the production side.
View Quote

Nice nice, ive been thinking of settling into something to keep me home more with the wofe and kids. Havent heard from anyone lately given the market, but im only about 2 minutes and 10 minutes from the 2 mark west plants in midway and houston
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nice nice, i've been thinking of settling into something to keep me home more with the wife and kids. Haven't heard from anyone lately given the market, but i'm only about 2 minutes and 10 minutes from the 2 mark west plants in midway and Houston
View Quote

It took me almost 4 years as a night shift contract pumper before I was able to transition to a 40 hr daylight position. It came about right when we had our first child which was nice. I almost landed a job as a senior compressor tech for Dominion Energy with 0 experience just by self educating on the internet. The guy who beat me out for the position had prior experience. Don't be afraid to apply to something you don't feel qualified for. I still get email notifications for Marathon (Mark West) and Dominion so I will let you know if I see anything pop up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It took me almost 4 years as a night shift contract pumper before I was able to transition to a 40 hr daylight position. It came about right when we had our first child which was nice. I almost landed a job as a senior compressor tech for Dominion Energy with 0 experience just by self educating on the internet. The guy who beat me out for the position had prior experience. Don't be afraid to apply to something you don't feel qualified for. I still get email notifications for Marathon (Mark West) and Dominion so I will let you know if I see anything pop up.
View Quote

10 4 thank you, yea i put in for a couple positions, even put in for one in evans city through marathon. Ichonestly hadnt interviewed in a couple years when i was offered a well tending position at range, it was just as i was being promoted at my company, so i couldnt bring myself to leave at the time, and of course as an engineer i cant complain about the pay, only the overtime lol. Its definitely getting harder to leave the family though
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I put in for some well tending jobs. that time I didn't have any experience but, I always thought that would be a great fit for me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I put in for some well tending jobs. that time I didn't have any experience but, I always thought that would be a great fit for me.
View Quote

Yea its a real lay low steady job. I actually for the moment feelsafer working for a service company right now thkugh than some of the consultants i work with. A lot of good guys were let go over the last month
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nice nice, ive been thinking of settling into something to keep me home more with the wofe and kids. Havent heard from anyone lately given the market, but im only about 2 minutes and 10 minutes from the 2 mark west plants in midway and houston
View Quote

Well shit, you're right over the hill from me. Let me know if you'd want to get together and shoot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well shit, you're right over the hill from me. Let me know if you'd want to get together and shoot.
View Quote

Are you coming to our meet and greet?
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I normally work Saturdays but I'll see what I can work out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell yea that sounds good to me. My schedule has kept me from making it to any meetings for any sportsmans clubs. Where do you normally shoot?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I might try and arrange to come up. That weekend is sort of in flux for me.

Quoted:

Hell yea that sounds good to me. My schedule has kept me from making it to any meetings for any sportsmans clubs. Where do you normally shoot?

I belong to Ellsworth Sportsmen's Club in Scenery Hill. Great private range. It's about 25 minutes or so from Canonsburg.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hope you can make it!
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I belong to Ellsworth Sportsmen's Club in Scenery Hill. Great private range. It's about 25 minutes or so from Canonsburg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice ill hit you up my next days off. I was called out to my pad, so another 20 days stint starting today for me. Blessed to still be working at least but ill definitely want to be going to the second one
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Pittsburgh Area Meet Up

Anyone who was a maybe please try and let me know ASAP. Just talked to PB and they will seat a table of 10 together and I can get a reservation in 30 mins before I show up. If we need to split up a bit because everyone makes it Ill just put in a reservation for a split group.

Right now I have 7 confirmed and another 7 maybes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I will be there unless something unforeseen happens.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll be there, unless somebody's chevy breaks down on the way.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Stamp Day

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Awesome! Congrats man! We'll have to have a suppressed range session some time. I want a 5.56 can in a bad way so i'd be interested to hear how they perform.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Awesome! Congrats man! We'll have to have a suppressed range session some time. I want a 5.56 can in a bad way so i'd be interested to hear how they perform.
View Quote

I just picked up my Resonator last month, it sounded great on my 556 guns.  Ill probably hit the range tomorrow morning to test out the Turbo.

Im up to shoot whenever.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Any of yinz guys into the Form 1 suppessor world? I want to build one because F4 times are killing me.  I just dont have any know how for these sort of things.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Man you guys are more local than I thought, I'm near Burgettstown too.  How did the meetup go?

Anyone know if there are any flyovers of Pittsburgh  area? Hoping to see some military aircraft like we did during the 911th air shows.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Man you guys are more local than I thought, I'm near Burgettstown too.  How did the meetup go?

Anyone know if there are any flyovers of Pittsburgh  area? Hoping to see some military aircraft like we did during the 911th air shows.
View Quote

Meet up went great!  Watch the meet up thread as well use it to plan the next.

I saw a C17 fly over a few times in Beaver County Wednesday night.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top