Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2017 1:53:45 PM EDT
What do you guys think the popularity of reloading is these days?

I got into it in the mid 60's then after finding the fun of the challenges even did cast bullets. Wanted to do paper patch but never go that far

50 years later I am looking to move on and sell my dies and lead stock. Scrap prices are next to nothing for lead. The dies etc. I am just looking to get something for rather than just throw them away.

I am aware of the equipment exchange here but my question is if this is a forgotten art and I would be wasting my time?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of people reload around pa, including cast ect. I suggest putting it in ee here or at the pafoa forum.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
reloading is huge.  every competition shooter i know reloads.

put a list together and post it at your gun club.

what part of PA are you located?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the encouragement! I will give it a shot after I get some pictures of the stuff.

I am in the Mountville, PA area - between Columbia and Lancaster.

Funny thing about the reloading bug. I recently got replica of a S&W No3 in .45 Colt. For the small amount I will actually shoot, I can easily afford factory loads (Ultramax 250 Gr LFP proved the best accuracy) but couldn't bear to see those empty cases wasted... Now have .45 Colt dies & .452 hard cast lead bullets on hand

It is an illness and there should be a vaccination!
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I reload and cast 45 357 308 5.56 I will love to have the lead
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm an older guy, but I just got into reloading last year, so I'd say its far from a lost art.  I don't cast though - just buy components in bulk and run them through the press.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
For all of my bolt guns, I almost never shoot factory ammo. With the exception of one that I can think of, there's never been a centerfire bolt gun in a new caliber that I've ever bought without also buying dies.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
i reload for everything i have. dont buy factory ammo at all anymore.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been reloading for the last 27 years. I reload for everything I shoot, except .22lr and shotgun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top