Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2017 6:20:20 PM EDT
Hey All,

Newly freed American from the shithole on our border to the right (NJ) and I'm looking at a few different ranges in the Bucks County. Any recommendations? Looks like most of the clubs I've looked at are booked to capacity as far as membership goes.

Previously shot at Range 14 on Fort Six, so I woukd like a 200 yard minimum rifle range, with a longer distance welcomed.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat as you, escaped NJ 6 months ago. Langhorne Rod & Gun Club is right down the road from me but I can't join because I don't know any current members to sponsor me
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat as you, escaped NJ 6 months ago. Langhorne Rod & Gun Club is right down the road from me but I can't join because I don't know any current members to sponsor me
View Quote
Do you currently shoot anywhere? I still have my Range 14 membership, but already unpinned my stocks... not a big deal to do it again, but I'd rather avoid going back into NJ.

I see that Langhorne does a lot of shoots that is open to go check out. Thinking of just going and hopefully linking up with someone and see where that gets me  I believe I read on their site that they encourage that.

Where you coming from in NJ?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do you currently shoot anywhere? I still have my Range 14 membership, but already unpinned my stocks... not a big deal to do it again, but I'd rather avoid going back into NJ.

I see that Langhorne does a lot of shoots that is open to go check out. Thinking of just going and hopefully linking up with someone and see where that gets me  I believe I read on their site that they encourage that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been to several of the matches at Langhorne when I still lived in Jersey, it's a nice club. Probably will start going to the matches again since I'm so close now.

I still have an active membership to CJRPC, I haven't unjerseyfied any of my guns yet because that's still the only place I have to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
yeah you can.  there are instructions on their website.  you can join if you don't currently know anyone.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you read the website.  congratulations.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_14/614849_July-Vietnam-Match-at-LRGC---.html

Here is a match you two can do next month to get to know people.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can sponsor you next year. You can only sponsor 2 new people a year. I'm using up my second one next month for a friend. PM me around January if you can't find anyone else. Also try PMing Armyof2. He is a member at Langhorne as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to PA!  I also moved here two months ago from Cream Ridge, NJ.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Welcome to PA!  I also moved here two months ago from Cream Ridge, NJ.
View Quote
where do you shoot, Greg?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_14/614849_July-Vietnam-Match-at-LRGC---.html

Here is a match you two can do next month to get to know people.
View Quote
Just saw the August match posted and got excited for a minute. Unfortunately I'll be in Harrisburg that day... gotta hold off til September.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
If either of you guys want to check out Bucks County Fish and Game, shoot me an IM.  I'd be happy to take you.  We can also hit up Clayton's to shoot the M16 and I'll buy you lunch at Iron Abbey.  (if you want)  I believe they've suspended new applications at the moment but maybe it will open up again after the first of the year.  Just another option to check out...

Edit: by either of you guys I meant OP or mak0.  But the offer is open to anyone, really...
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If either of you guys want to check out Bucks County Fish and Game, shoot me an IM.  I'd be happy to take you.  We can also hit up Clayton's to shoot the M16 and I'll buy you lunch at Iron Abbey.  (if you want)  I believe they've suspended new applications at the moment but maybe it will open up again after the first of the year.  Just another option to check out...

Edit: by either of you guys I meant OP or mak0.  But the offer is open to anyone, really...
View Quote
Thanks FM... that's a mighty fine offer. I will keep this in mind for sure. ONly a month in to the new house, so weekend time is pretty slim at the moment. Hoping it slows down come September. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't need to shoot the M16....but you can buy me lunch at Iron Abbey any time 
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't need to shoot the M16....but you can buy me lunch at Iron Abbey any time 
View Quote
Any time!  If you're ever looking for an excuse to hit the pub, or the whiskey bar, just let me know!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Check out Joe Wicen's farm.

Wicen's Shooting Range
3179 Mozart Rd, in Furlong

Joe is a stand-up guy...tell him I sent ya.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
where do you shoot, Greg?
View Quote
I haven't found a place yet
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Look into university rifle club in reading. About an hour drive from Philly for me. They haven't updated their website but they have targets out to 600 yards now from what I've researched. You can check out new holland rifle and pistol club which is an awesome place but be warned, they have a 1000 membership cap and I've been on the wait list for almost 2 years to get in there. They use a "lottery" to fill in new openings which are only about 25-50 spots per year.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Look into university rifle club in reading. About an hour drive from Philly for me. They haven't updated their website but they have targets out to 600 yards now from what I've researched. You can check out new holland rifle and pistol club which is an awesome place but be warned, they have a 1000 membership cap and I've been on the wait list for almost 2 years to get in there. They use a "lottery" to fill in new openings which are only about 25-50 spots per year.
View Quote
Good to know about University.  Never heard of it before and it's getting hard to find anything over 200 locally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top