Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/5/2006 8:35:53 PM EDT
my membership just expired from the allegheny rifle club and i am looking for a new club that has somewhat reasonable rates. Im looking for anything decent within say a half hour or so from pittsburgh

so far i am thinking about given the McDonald Sportsmans club a try, 80 dollars first year and 600 yard range,

lastly does anybody have any information on Reed range and the 30 cal league? i would be willing to drive there for a 1000 yard range but i really cant find any information on the range? is it only for compititions or is there open usage availible
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:46:13 AM EDT
Come check out Coraopolis Sportsmen's club this Sunday (see PGH Shoot thread somewhere below). We only have a 100 meter outdoor range, but there is a 24 hour indoor pistol range.

McDonald has a nice club too (longer range and they have lots of organized matches).

Millvale Sportsmen (just of I-79 in Wexford) has a very nice 200 meter rifle range, and is worth a look.

There used to be a website for Reade Range and/or the Western PA 30 Caliber League with photos and rules and all that stuff, but I don't remember the address. Maybe you weren't spelling "Reade" correctly.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:13:56 PM EDT
i should be able to make the shoot on sunday, and i found out about reed range, membership is 25 a year and as long as they do not have a match the range is open,

its kinda a hike but it may be worth it for a good 1000 yard range

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:03:44 PM EDT
www.greaterpghgunclb.com/
They have a "tactical range" there if you like shooting and moving. A make shift building for shooting into or out of windows, around corners. Its not a dedicated shoot house, or even close at that. Not really a smart idea to be using a 360 degree feild of fire even if your there alone, its where it looks like they had stripped mined a long time ago with about 40 feet of ground above you all around. Thats also the full auto range.
Top Top