Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 8:10:01 PM EDT
i have a few firearms for sale on the ee. i got a im from a guy overseas,wanting to purchase one of my long arms.
im not up on the export laws,but even if i wanted to(im not)sell to him,how would one go about it? the atf website reall dosent say.anyone ever have this happen to them?i imed back a polite reply,stating that i wouldnt know how to go about this,or if its legal,and asked him if he has bought guns out of the us before.im waiting for a reply.
i have no intentions of selling the gun to anyone outside of the us.
there are many reasons for this,the main one being that in the us, i know its going to an ffl,and a background check will be preformed.i am not sure what his country of origin laws on guns are,and what security i would have in the whole process.
again,im not selling the gun to anyone outside of the us,im just curious if.....
anyone ever had this brought before them(ie:been asked to sell a gun to someone overseas)and what are the laws for export?
if im not mistaken,only a licensed exporter may ship outside the us,and a ffl holder wouldnt be able to,as a ffl only covers them in the us.
i figured id put it to the pa boys first,and depending on the feedback,maybe move this to the general topics.
or,heaven forbid,this person is trying to do something illegal,and trying to get me to do the same.
feedback is in order.
elray
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing I can comment is, I pretty sure you'd have to get an export license.  You need that to export quite a bit of stuff so I'd assume firearms would fall into that category.  

I have no idea if you could legally sell him a rifle.  Call the local ATFE, they obviously would know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top