Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 6:38:48 PM EDT
Just watching the Fox 29 news undercover report on the University of the Arts chick who's a member of E LF.  It's about damn time we started worrying about the hippy freaks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that program on Fox29.

I swear I posted something about ELF and PETA on my blog a while ago.  But for the life of me I can't find the post.  

I've been saying for quite a while that organizations like PETA and ELF and Greenpeace (for that matter) are not so cleaverly hidden terrorist organizations.  

The acts they are notorious for performing would be considered anarchist in the least.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
www.fox29.com/news/index.shtml

Activists Convicted Under Federal Anti-Terror Law
(03.03.06 - AP) — A Philadelphia-based animal rights group and six members have been convicted on federal charges of inciting violence against a company that uses animals for drug and consumer product testing.

The conviction on a charge of animal enterprise terrorism is believed to be the first since the Animal Enterprise Protection Act was enacted in 1992. Prosecutors say the group, called Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty, used its Web site to stir violent protests against New Jersey-based Huntingdon Life Sciences and its associates.

The group's president, Pamelyn Ferdin, argued that its activities were covered by free speech protections. Ferdin, who was not charged, is a former child star who was the voice of Lucy in some "Peanuts" movies.

Oops, wrong story.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Earth_Liberation_Front_actions
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]

The ALF was named as a terrorist threat by the United States Department of Homeland Security in January 2005.  In hearings held May 18, 2005, before a Senate panel, officials of the FBI and ATF stated that "violent animal rights extremists and eco-terrorists now pose one of the most serious terrorism threats to the nation," adding that "of particular concern are the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) and the Earth Liberation Front (ELF)."

From Wikipedia --ALF
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
wow, an earth buscuit at a liberal arts college....i'm shocked.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Back around 9-11-01 I attended several training classes put on by various federal and local law enforcement organizations.  They gave all kind of info on the terrorist threats posed by ...

White supremisists
Religious fanatics such as the anti-abortion groups
motorcycle gangs
malitias

At all three of the courses I questioned "What about ELF, ALF, and PETA?"  and was told that they were potential threats.  It was not added to the power-point presentation when I saw it presented at the next course.

Of course, that was still a course tought by Clinton Justice Department appointees to the local law enforcement and community organizations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top