I'm thinking about joining and have a few questions. I've been out to the web site and checked out the club map / list of ranges and found it impressive. However, some of the answers I was looking for couldn't be found on the site.
1. How far out does the rifle range go?
2. Have the range improvements / land purchases been made that the 2005 news letter speaks of?
3. Would someone be willing to sponsor me?
I'm very interested in joining because it looks like they have a lot to offer. Thanks.
I'm a member, but haven't been there since the Fall.
1) Last I recall, it was 150 yards; 100 yards was fairly flat, then it went up this big hill...so over 100 yards, you're shooting uphill. Hard to properly zero a gun for 200 yards this way.
2) They had widened the rifle range, but I can't say about the rest of the improvements.
3) You don't need a sponsor; print out the application to join, and mail it in.
4) They're VERY semi-auto friendly, and have numerous training classes.
1. The rifle range is fairly flat out to 100 yds like mentioned, and they have hanging steel at 150 and 200 yds, with some smaller pieces out to about 225yds. Past 100yds it's all uphill.
2. They are trying to acquire some surrounding property to act as a buffer zone.
3. What billclo said.
Overall, it's a pretty nice club. Can get busy with all the scheduled matches and classes.
Check the newsletter before you go to shoot, as sometimes all the ranges are in use for these.
Don't need a sponsor? Cool. I'll get right on it. Thanks guys.