Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 9:42:31 PM EDT
Anyone have any recent experience getting a CLEO signature for a Form 1 or Form 4 from the Lansdale Chief of Police?

I'm about to try to SBR my AR and was wondering if I'm going to run into any obstacles.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:41:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Not sure about Lansdale but I can tell you forget it at the County level.  Your only hope there would be a Common Pleas Judge.  If your Chief won't sign, PM me for intel on your other options.

Regards,
Gary

Note, pay attention to the recent posts regarding form 1's and such things as specific barrel length and caliber.  Seems the "rules" have changed a bit over at ATF-NFA branch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep us posted how you make out. I'm in North Wales and have considered starting the process too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I just went to the ATF site last night and put in a request for the fingerprint cards & Form 1's.

Once I get them, I'll see if I can get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
phillyd2...where do you usually shoot at?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
phillyd2...where do you usually shoot at?

Right now mostly Classic Pistol, close to work. Next month looks like I'll sign up at Branch Valley Fish Game & Forestry. Was a old Twin S (now W&W) member.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me know when you get your membership to Branch Valley and we can shoot some weekend.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I just joined branch valley about a month ago. Can't wait to shoot my AR there when it warms up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Weather permitting I may be going on Monday.

Gary
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had 6 forms signed and I have a Lansdale address. I went to the Towamincin PD off Valley Forge pike. They can do the fingerprint cards there for $20.00 (non-Lansdale res) free if you live there. I know they just got a new chief buy he is alos willing to sign.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#10]
The CLEO must have jurisdiction over you in your place of residence.  For example my address does not correspond with the township in which I reside.  I can not go to the Chief listed on my mailing address.  I had to go to the Chief of the township/boro where I actually pay taxes.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in the borough, so I would actually need the Lansdale chief to sign off on mine.

I don't know a lot about Branch Valley.  Are they black rifle friendly?  Is there a caliber limit on the indoor range?  What about magazine loading limits, or firing speed restrictions?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]

They are building a new indoor range which will allow jacketed rounds.  That should be open shortly.   The current indoor range is for lead rounds only.  The outdoor range in black rifle friendly and having shot there twice with my usual collection of black rifles no one said a word.  As to the rate of fire, I fired the same as I did at W&W.  That being said, I'm not the mag dumping kind of guy.  They do take a dim view of that behavior.  So far so good with my experiance at Branch Valley.  If W&W does close, it may be a nice place for us W&W refugees to go.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Branch Valley doesn't allow rapid fire anymore becuase someone ruined it for everyone else. Someone was pulling the trigger as fast as they could and their muzzle got a little to high and a couple bullets went flying over into the airport near by. People at the airport complained and said they heard bullets going over head. So they stopped it. I hear there was even an incedent where they found a couple bullets holes in one of the planes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:11:57 AM EDT
[#15]
so is reasonable rapid fire still allowed?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:41:41 AM EDT
[#16]
For what it's worth, I shot in the same manner as I normally did at W&W and no one said anything.  Mind you, I'm not a mag dumper or anything like that.  

John was shooting next to me so I guess I should ask him......did you feel our rate of fire was appropriate for the range?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:51:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]
John,

I think it pays to get there early and declare yourself the range officer  Like so many other "rules" it always boils down to enforcement.  I suspect the rule was written to  discourage mag dumps and to show neighbors that safety is taken seriously.  I honestly believe I run a greater risk of being hit by a falling plane than the airport folks run of being hit by a stray round.

Gary
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmmm.....time for us to build a bigger berm!  

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#21]
LastDefender, do you have any more info on the new pistol range?  I'd probably be using that a lot as well if I joined.  What's the length of the range going to be?  What type of target holder system are they going to use?  What's the ventilation going to be like?  Things like that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:35:56 AM EDT
[#22]

I have not been inside yet, perhaps John could be of more help on this one.  I believe it is 75ft.  The will be using back stops similar to those at Target World in Chalfont.  As to the target retrieval system and ventilation, I'm not sure.  You might want to email the club and ask.  As indoor pistol really isn't my "thing", I didn't ask a lot of questions about the new indoor range during my orientation.

Gary
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:06:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I think it's taking longer than they wanted becuase the ventilation was too strong. It was sucking the targets up at a certain spot. So I was told they had to change it a little. I joined in Jan. and havn't been in yet becuase of a hand injury but they told me that they were hoping to get it done in the next couple months. Who knows, it might be done by now?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#25]
WOW!  Target World actually replaced something on that old range?  I can't believe it.  I worked there several years ago.  Loved the experience, but the range wasn't exactly the healthiest place to be around.  One of the guys who worked on the range a lot had to get a blood test.  His lead level came back so high, the doctor assumed he must be a painter and exposed to a lot of lead paint.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:00:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Where is this Branch Valley range?
I live in West Norriton township and am about to join Boyertown range but if there is someplace closer I can shoot my AR I'd be thrilled.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Sky,

Branch valley is in Perkasie PA off Rt 563.  Map Quest Link to BVFG Club
Link to BVFG home page
Regards.
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top