Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 4:02:13 PM EDT by hipwr223]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:45:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:51:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 3:53:17 PM EDT by Dragracer_Art]
Good to know John...

Let us know when you get more in...
My buddy Jim V bought his AR from you a few years back... I think that's the only time I've been in your shop. 'Gotta get down that way more often.

ART
Reading, PA
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:56:50 AM EDT
glad to see that they put out a good product, but is the ar15 market getting a little crazy? i mean arnt there 20+ manufactures,

I have shot numerous manufactures from fn and colt to dpms, RRA armalite and Model 1 sale, function wise IMO none are better or worse than the others. isnt tough to make a profit with so much compition?

none the less its allways good to see a wuality product come to market

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:35:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:49:25 AM EDT
John,

I agree with you. What we should be focusing on is the positive! A major manufacturer has decided that there is enough demand to enter into what we all think is a crowded market already. This means S&W is confident of either lots of municipal police/government orders or lots of civilian orders. I look at it this way.....every AR in private hands is at least 1.5 votes against another assualt weapons ban. (I would divorce and disown my wife if she ever voted improperly as I suspect you all would as well. )

John, you could answer this better than anyone else; do you find most of your AR customers are repeat buyers meaning they own more than one AR already or are they first time buyers I think this is perhaps the most important statistic to monitor.

So who is soaking up all the AR production in the US?

1. Existing AR owners like us?
2. Government/Police?
3. Military domestic/foriegn?
4. First Time buyers?

All these AR's have to be going somewhere?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:48:48 AM EDT
By the looks of the equipment exchange lately, I'd say there are a LOT of new people buying...

Especially considering how much they are paying for alot of the overpriced used junk that's for sale there.

I've seen many instances of private sellers advertising used garbage for the same or more than brand new factory made stuff sells for... and people are tripping over themselves to get "dibs" on it.

I think all the media talk about the AWB sunset in '04, just brought all kinds of new people out of the woodwork.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:10:48 AM EDT
Excellent! I hope you are right! Every AR to a new shooter is 1.5 votes!!!!!

Gary
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:02:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:09:14 PM EDT
John,

This is excellent news indeed!

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:44:16 AM EDT
I don't know...

Do you think they could have engraved, painted, or silkscreened the S&W logo, M&P logo, and any other marking in any more places on the weapon? WTF? I know it is a S&W folks. Geez! Honestly, that is the biggest turn off for me about the weapon! I guess I should consider it fortunate that they didn't install a self-powered neon sign that flashes "S&W M&P AR-15".

That's my $0.02.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:27:23 AM EDT
I want a S+W AR15 pistol in 500S+W magnum!

With a Beta C-Mag of course!
Top Top