Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:24:56 PM EDT
At the last gun show in Harrisburg, One fella I got to talking to noticed my FD T-shirt and asked if I ever dealt with a guy on Beagle Club Road outside of Carlisle who was a "big AR guy". I cannot remember the name he mentioned to save my butt. I have not been able to get out that way, so I have no idea if he is a dealer or just another EBR fan.

Anyone have any idea?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:34:54 PM EDT
Try "Ops" in the survival forum. He's been around for years and usually hits all the Hburg shows. He lives in the Carlisle area.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:43:38 PM EDT
He's in Perry County...we've IM'ed before, trying to set up a Meet & Greet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:16:16 AM EDT
There is a Moyer's gun shop on that road, but he is a gunsmith that does hunting and bench rifles- I don't think I've ever seen an AR in there.
There's a few guys in the area interested in a meet & greet, but organizing a date and time has been an issue. One guy I tried to reply to was not accepting IM's. Another attempt at a meeting may work out better now, as at this time of year most people seem to have less going on.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:07:00 PM EDT
I know of Moyer's, although I have ever been in the shop. I didn't think it would be him...this guy may have just been talking out his ass...

I'd love to do a meet & greet. Last time Ops and I tried, I got swamped with OT. I live in northern Franklin County, but work in Carlisle, so I'd be up for a M&G in Franklin, Perry or Cumberland...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:11:02 AM EDT
Well, count me in, I certainly have the time. NoKnock, pick a weeknight or weekend and get back to us.

Ops
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:26:53 AM EDT
I think you mean Moyer's. Bill is a good guy. Getting up there in age. He has a young guy, Chad, working for him now. I'm not sure, but Chad might be the "Big AR Guy". The last time I was in there I saw a few EBRs sitting around waiting for some kind of work.

They're building a "precision" rifle for me right now. It should be done soon. I hope.

I'd be up for a M&G. I grew up in Mt. Holly/Carlisle. I now call Enola home.
Top Top