Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool!  I'll clear the schedule!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]
who,what, when, where. why.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#4]
All are welcome that love black rifles and toys that make lots of smoke ,noise and light as long as they can have fun without endangering anybody.
A tri-annual shooting event.
Jan 14th 2006.
"Dirty Marys" place in Sommerset PA
 To shoot our black rifles, have fun, eat some great food, enjoy some fine company.
OH! and to annoy the neighbor.
More info to come
but bassiclly anything LEGAL is welcome --if its not legal dont even think about it. We do once in a while get visits from LE -- they never give us any hassle just make sure we are being safe --sometimes they stay and shoot some of the toys, they always act terriffic--but they are still LEO's and if something were to peak thier interest it could be a problem for everybody.
Actually at the last summer shoot I was bumpin an AK when a state trooper car pulled up to my right, nose on to me . over the PA when I was done he said " would you mind settin the AK down for me ?"  I put it down on the deck and he was totally cool about it --no draw down or anything, never even mentioned it or all of the open carry all around him.
If we do the whole weekend camping on site is cool just be prepared to rough it --there are NO facilities bring food and TOILET PAPER(!) any other supplies you might need --there is a store right down the road about a mile but its limited and hours are bassiclly daylight hours. I will know more in a few days once we get done confering on the details. IF you will need directions IM Me and I will send em out.  We get folks from NY, NJ, MD, W.Wa and further away (usually more at the summer shoots obvously) and there are no silly "game land" restrictions. Just act mature enough to be there, dont shit up the place,respect other folks stuff and no drinking etc till after the guns get put up after dark.
We get subguns and class III stuff, belt fed semis's and autos, a black powder motar a flamethrower.tannerite targets and LOTS of expended brass. even a semi M2 .50 is rumored to be in the works for this event. targets out to 600yards.
All in all its kinda fun.

Given that its the winter shoot you may want to plan on a vehicle that can traverse snow covered ground we do plow the road but still --if it gets stuck its a target.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Great!  Like I said calender marked and I bought 500rnds of 5.56 today.  I have 200 rnds of 7.62 NATO and I plan on buying another 200.  I'll probably end up bringing 400rnds of 7.62 NATO, 1000rnds of 5.56, and 1000rnds of 5.45x39.  I might even have a new LE6920!  I might also have a LE 6520 clone for sale if anyone is interested.  Looking forward to everything!

CMS
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Still the 14th?  Might want to post directions again to those of us who haven't been there...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Tag!

Toe-Tagged
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Me n my buddy cant make the 14th, do u have anyother shoots thru the year?  both of us will have our ARs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Directions to go out shortly fellas -I have accumulated a bunch of requests so I'll try to send  out one IM encompassing you all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Is this the same place as the camp out was this past fall???
If so I will be there baring any situations.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey !  Copy me in on the Details.

I'm up for this if the weather isnt TOTALLY Crappola
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Directions just went out via IM to those who indicated interest. Yes its in the same spot as last fall.  DRESS WARM,
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#14]
im interested, sent IM
waiting for a response

thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#16]
So I'm taking it that you are having summer shoots?  Can make the 14th but if i get a date for the summer i can schedule it in.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#17]
We typiclly have three sometimes four shoots per year-- at least one in Jan-Feb and two in the spring/summer/fall time period.  No biggie, not everybody can make it all the time, If you cant make this one hopefully we see you at the next one.
I now have to plan getting the truck ready --its still loaded with junk from the outbuilding cleanout a few months ago needing to go to the dumpster at the shop and I lost the muffler on the way to the last shoot in Sept and STILL! havent put the new one on (ever driven a cummins turbo deisel through town without a muffler! --it sets off car alarms WITH a muffler) and plan the loadout of the truck for the event --yes I actually have to plan what I taking and what I'm not ....... This by the way is good bug out practice if you want to think of it that way. trying to balance out living equipment with guns,ammo,extras and support gear in one truck can be complicated. BTW if you have something with issues (flakey AK homebuild, hiccuping 1911 etc) bring it along most of us tote tools and spare parts and have seen it all before -- youll be bumpin your AK in no time. See Ya'll there!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I may be interested in a day shoot depending on my work schedule.  Can't do any overnight stay but I agree it would be a good bugout practice.  I've got a FAL and an AR15 to bring along.  How far is this from Pittsburgh?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
A little less than a week to go. If anybody is short on ammo I have about 3K of 7.62x39 and lots of 5.56 (including a full case of south african) and 7.62 nato (7.62x51--.308win) avialable at the shoot. I am hoping the UPS man will bring some joy from DSA before friday so I ca have it at the shoot as well.
Directions have been IM'd out, if anybody didnt get them let me know. See ya'll there, looks as if weather will be surprisingly nice this year if the predictions ring true. Bring warm clothes anyway as it has been known to snow in july up there!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Actually I am thinking about grabbing breakfast at the Sommerset exit off the turnpike I am pretty sure there is a Kings or Dennys or diner of some sort there.  Anybody else interested?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#21]
offctr, I'd be there for eats but I'm coming 160 from Windber, so thats the opposite direction.  If anyone thats going on the 14th has and 5.45 they'd like to sell (or share if they're nice!) I need some... Fresh out and my SLR105 wants to come with me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Actually I am thinking about grabbing breakfast at the Sommerset exit off the turnpike I am pretty sure there is a Kings or Dennys or diner of some sort there.  Anybody else interested?

Ya got yer choice there, Bobs Big Boy, Starbucks, Roy Rogers, or Nathan's Hot Dogs and IIRC, they sell CinneBons, too.

Pick one.

IM me directions.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:43:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Just found out I'm working that day.
I'll catch ya all the next time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in Monroeville, but will try to make the next meet.  Too much classwork this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#25]
CMS -Ill have some 5.45 with me
Pic - IM with directions sent ---stop accosting short angry plumbers in Home Depot, I get back to the shop and hear all sorts of stories about some wild man and his boyfriend screaming about a missing cat and dragging my name through the povebial mud as it were ( I dont think Gary was taking his medication yesterday)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#26]
offctr...I'll bring the SLR along and some extra cash.  If you have some to sell I'll buy it off of you.  I'm loading up mags tonight so I don't have to do it there.  Weather today is perfect...I wish it was supposed to be like this tommorrow.  See you guys there around 10 or 11.

CMS
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#27]
See ya'll there Ill be in Donnegal around 8 or so ---just look for the big camo Dodge I may just hit the Mcd's drive thru or sit down for a few not 100% sure till I see whats open when I get there.

Actually I wont be in my truck I'll be in my work truck. I dont have time tonite to get evrything I want to organized due to not getting home till late --the one day I want to get out early. I swear they plan this s--t sometimes "hey _____ wants to go do something this weekend --lets all come up with some idea to ---- it all up for him!"  -- " I know well find someone MORE freaking incompetent than even the mangement employees to cover his job this weekend --becuase the other guy  who normally backs him we re-assigned without warning and no thought to his relacement!!"
  If my nextel dont come back tomorrow with a bullet hole in it It'll be a miracle.

On a lighter note My package of DSA para  goodness finnally arrived yesterday after an 9 month wait --so I am finally the proud papa of a para FAL again--yeah!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Just back from the shoot and I want to say it was a pleasure meeting you guys.  Had a great time there and even got to perfect bump firing my AK from the shoulder with a 45rnd rpk mag.  I wish I would have remembered my digital camera.  Met alot a people (sorry I'm horrible with names though).  Thanks offctr for letting me shoot your FAL para.  Fine weapon and I hope to buy one this summer.  I showed up at 2pm just as they were taking a 1/2 hr break.  I loaded up some mags then and then we got shooting.  I had to leave by 4:30 to make it home in time for work but I did manage to go through about 1100rnds between the AK, AR, and HK.  I'll be at the spring shoot for sure (hopefully with some new toys) and some warmer weather.  Thanks again guys!

CMS
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Glad you could make it -
We were glad to have you. That is one beauty of an HK --although for the life of me I will never understand the HK sights.  Just about anyone can bump an AK but CMS81586 has an arsenal AK He can bump ACCURATELY from the shoulder -- I tried it from the hip and couldnt do as well as he was doing off the shoulder, The beaten zone he was holding was better than a few SAW gunners I have seen. Hate to see him with a belt fed auto. Some guys got the knack for it I guess. Hopefully we will see you agian at the spring shoot will keep you updated on the ammo situation. I had fun but I'm beat --finally got everything out of the cases oiled and put up in the safe --two crown and cokes later I'm  off to bed.....

Nothin like a good day shootin.

Pics startin to come online here:
www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1463462#post1463462
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Offctr,

Thanks for the compliments.  Actually, I noticed when I got the HK back after you shot it the sight was on the v-notch setting.  The best  way to shoot accurately is on the "200" setting.  Its a round peep sight like on the AR.  We can try it again in the spring.  I'll IM you when I get ready to look for a FAL.  Maybe you can help me build one.  Thanks again,

CMS
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Maybe I could talk the guys at East Coast Gun Sales into bringing some of their class 3 goodness, like a M249 and a M3 .50 cal.  I'll have to see what they say...  Let me know the date for the next shoot asap.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Well now offctr, now that i totally missed out on some fun, whens the spring shoot so i can schedule it in.  I am deff. comin, few friends seen this thread and asked me about it and asked if they could go with me, i told em to get free ar15 memberships n ask you themselfs.  buddy of mine doesnt have internet-fu and doesnt understand his computer fully to get his own account so ill be setting it up for him,  few of my friends wanna come put hes prolly the only one id bring due to an AR and him being a really good friend.  so see if you can get a date in ill get the day off in advance.   thanks offctr,

silveradoguy17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top