Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:30:54 AM EDT
This is the biggest and best show in the state, folks, with over 1200 tables advertised and almost always filled. I just confirmed that I'll have a few tables there, selling off a bunch of my personal collection (about 60 guns), so if any of the AR15.Com guys want to stop by and shoot the breeze, my girlfriend and I will be there.

Look for the JB Arms or David Spiwak signs; Howard (JB Arms) is doing any transfers for me that are needed and usually takes CC's for me, too. Last time I ended up spending what I got from selling guns on buying an Uzi from him
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm there. got to work but will be there after 2pm. So, looks like Sat. is my day.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Dave, look for me and SBK (LilOps) sometime Saturday.  SBK is now rolling his own 45s and n eeds some powder and primers.

Ops
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there, not sure which day yet. Only powder, primers and lead on the shopping list right now, but you never know what may jump out at me once I'm there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll probably be there. Will be looking more for parts, ammo, and reloading components than anything else.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't wait for this show... beats the living crap out of shows in CT/MA!

Ahhh, the farm show.  One of the perks of being in PA most of the year.

- BG
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
BUCC you aren't kidding. Thats for sure.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there, prolly with Ops & the SBK
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm planning to go. I'll work 11pm-7am the night before and that night.
But I'll be there, hopefully my Dad is able to go as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
should be there as well.  Anyone using 2ways?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Class III Dealer Dennis Todd should also be there.

He's a trip.

And so is his collection.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
should be there as well.  Anyone using 2ways?

Great idea. We should pick out a channel and a introductory call ahead of time.
I'm definitely into that idea.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Use FRS channel 5, no privacy code and bring a headset or at least an earbud.

We use them to stay on contact even if not in sight.  SBK is looking for his own stuff, so I don't have to follow him all over.

Ops
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 12:42:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This is the biggest and best show in the state, folks, with over 1200 tables advertised and almost always filled. I just confirmed that I'll have a few tables there, selling off a bunch of my personal collection (about 60 guns), so if any of the AR15.Com guys want to stop by and shoot the breeze, my girlfriend and I will be there.

Look for the JB Arms or David Spiwak signs; Howard (JB Arms) is doing any transfers for me that are needed and usually takes CC's for me, too. Last time I ended up spending what I got from selling guns on buying an Uzi from him

cannot make it, working Day Watch that week end
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 4:42:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll be there with a couple of buddies.

One is a student where I work and up until 4 months ago never fired a gun - between my other buddy, who is into C&R and me - he has now fired a bunch of old WWII stuff and F/A from 22LR up through .308 - not just once but on many/many outings.

He is now a gun nut.

BTW, DavidC, did you ever try out that BM-59 scope mount?
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 5:05:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

GASP......  You're Selling?  What's up with that???????  I can't make the show.  You might wanna consider making a list available via email for those like me who won't be at the show.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Use FRS channel 5, no privacy code and bring a headset or at least an earbud.

We use them to stay on contact even if not in sight.  SBK is looking for his own stuff, so I don't have to follow him all over.

Ops

Copy that, FRS channel 5.
"Attention ARFCOM members. This is TravisM.1 from the Hometown Forum. I'm here with company, we're just entering the arena. If anyone wants to meet up, I'll be at the concession stand. Over"

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Hi guys!
I won't be at the show... I have moved to Nevada for the foresee-able furure.
I miss the H'brg show... you are all lucky to still be able to go.  
I have been to three gun shows here and they all sucked!  
Oh well, have fun!
Mario
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#18]
DO NOT FORGET AN EARPHONE FOR your walkie talkie.  The background noise will drwon out any calls.

Look for the old man and the kid in black Bushmaster ballcaps.

Ops
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I'lll be making the drive from Pittsburgh.   Can anyone link a site with directions or mapquest it?

What time does it run until?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#20]
drfcolt-

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet; its around the middle of my "things to do " pile

LastDefender (or anyone else interested)  if you aren't going to be at the show and might be interested in what I'm selling, drop me an email and I'll send you the excel file.

I'll be starting to pack up the guns, knives and accessories going to the show tomorrow.  Setup on Friday night; the show will be 9-5 Sat/Sun

Info on the location can be found here
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll be out on Saturday.
I'll be driving my uncle who got me started in firearms and his friend out for the day.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be there for some ammo deals.

At last count I have less than 5K rounds of all kinds!

I need more 5.56 (and not 2.23)
I need more .308
I need more 9x19 LRN
I need more 9x17 of all kinds (except hollowpoint)

I'll be there with a hand cart.
With luck it will be a heavy load back to my car.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Hi guys!
I won't be at the show... I have moved to Nevada for the foresee-able furure.
I miss the H'brg show... you are all lucky to still be able to go.
I have been to three gun shows here and they all sucked!
Oh well, have fun!
Mario

What happened to you going to SAR west?
I'll be setup at Harrisburg hopefully with my guns from SAR, there still on there way back scheduled for delivery Fri. See you all there.  Howard
JB Arms
www.jbarms.com
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#24]
How would this show rate compared to the K.O.P. show?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:38:53 AM EDT
[#25]
It sucks, but I dont think Im going to make it. Im on 11-7 until next wednesday morning, and I'm going to end up working a double to cover for the daylight guy who wants to hunt saturday. If it wasnt for the double, Id be there, but at this rate, Im looking at 11pm friday night until 3pm saturday afternoon, then back in again at 11pm saturday until 7am sunday.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How would this show rate compared to the K.O.P. show?

It's usually at least twice the size of a KOP show.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Everybody stay safe traveling to the show...looks like we might actually get something this time.  If all works out, I'll be there with my li'l shootin' buddy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder how this coming snowstorm will mess the Show up?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#29]
It's supposed to blow through by Friday, and the roads to the Farm Complex should be cleared before Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Got 4WD?  
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got 4WD?  

No.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:18:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Snow or no snow, I cant wait for the show!

Too bad I can't double-dip the trip to Harrisburg as planned.  The Air Force recruiter down there only collects doctors... I have to drive my ass over to State College AND try to make it to the show.

I don't know if the bank account can handle the gas for the day AND a gun show!

- BG
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:28:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Last time it snowed it was considerably worse than this and hit during the morning of the show. The show went on with about 1/3 of the vendors opening late and maybe 10% not opening. Since this storm isn't nearly as bad and the day before, I doubt there will be much impact at all.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:44:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks like the Snow is All Done already!  

Will be on the lookout for Arfcomers at the Show tomorrow
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Hooters in Camp Hill afterwards  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#36]
I just might be up for that...might as well introduce the boy to a Gun Show and Hooters all in the same day...

Think that might be much overload for a 6 year old?

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I just might be up for that...might as well introduce the boy to a Gun Show and Hooters all in the same day...

It depends. Was he breast fed?

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

We take'm younger than that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#39]
I'll be there too - got two tables up against the wall - SureFire, Benchmade, EOTech and such...   it's always a great show with lots of interesting people and stuff...
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Packing my bag right now....    What time does it open?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Any plans for a gathering... at least at the show?  

I'll be sporting the "Koran, now in two ply" shirt.  A classy shirt for an extra special event.  

- BG
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I'll be sporting the "Koran, now in two ply" shirt.  A classy shirt for an extra special event.  

- BG

ROFLMAO  Where did ya get that?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Pretty weak show. Mags have come down some in price, but are still high. AR mags $12 and up, used. Didn't see any new post-ban production AR mags. AK mags were so-so, didn't see any good deals.

7.62x39 is scarce and expensive, and even the guy with XM193 was kinda high priced. At least I got some Glock pistol mags for $19 each...

I think I'm going to start boycotting the gun shows in general. I spent $17 just to get there, park, and get in, and frankly, it's hardly worth it anymore.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Pretty weak show. Mags have come down some in price, but are still high. AR mags $12 and up, used. Didn't see any new post-ban production AR mags. AK mags were so-so, didn't see any good deals.

7.62x39 is scarce and expensive, and even the guy with XM193 was kinda high priced. At least I got some Glock pistol mags for $19 each...

I think I'm going to start boycotting the gun shows in general. I spent $17 just to get there, park, and get in, and frankly, it's hardly worth it anymore.

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#45]
 Was it that bad a show? Starting to wonder if they're worth going to also.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

You missed the guy with the backpack full of used 30's at 2 for $10? I don't need any more AR mags, but had to get in at that price. Picked out some real nice ones.

After that, will have to agree it was a weak show. Not a pound of H322 in the place. Ammo in short supply. No Federal small pistol primers. I went with money to spend and took almost all of it with me when I left.

Stopped at Shyda's on the way home and picked up the primers and H322. Powder prices were a dollar less a pound than at the show. Primers 50 cents less per thousand (and they had Federal).
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I was a bit disappointed, but it was still pretty decent overall.  Picked up a few 30 rounders (used) for $9 each.  Couldn't resist the LE/Gov't only markings, LOL.  Saw a few 6 pos. stocks for $55 including buffer and spring, but the father in law told me to hold off.  Got back to his house and he gave me a 4 pos. stock, buffer and spring.  Couldn't beat that price!

I really wanted to get my hands on a MIAD, but no such luck.  Got to do a little hands on with the EOThingy and was very impressed.  Yet another thing added to the wish list.

To all ARFCommers with FRS radios,  I would have loved to meet up with a bunch of you, but forgot the damned radio when I left the house.  Maybe next year.

ETA:  30's for 2/$10?  Damn, I missed that one!  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh yeah... Interesting to note that LEO marked AR mags are now a novelty and command a premium price.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Didn't see any new post-ban production AR mags.

There were lot's of them there.   I bought a couple of the new straight 20's.

Best price I saw was $11.25 for nib.   Most were around $14.

As always, had to walk 5 miles from the lot, through a lot of building.   Would have bought a few hundred bucks in ammo, but didn't want to hump it.  

Rows were crammed together, making it hard to walk the show, hard to browse, and hard to go back and find what you 'tagged' for later purchase.    They had extra room, why don't the spread the damned thing out?

I'm getting real sick of it.    Much easier to Internet & have UPS put in right into my garage.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#50]
What a bunch of Whiners !

There were tons of decent buys there , you just had to look.

Good deals on pistol ammo and the more arcane rifle calibers.
Pistol mags were cheaper in general than the online sources

I saw a RomaK 3 for $650 ,  FN five- seven with 3 mags  NIB $750.

I picked up another Bulgy Makarov in excellent shape for $188

Even the Jerky was especially tasty this time  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top