Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2005 2:39:25 PM EDT
How do I go about selling a handgun at this show.  Do I just walk around with it cased up and unloaded and then find a place to show it to a prospective buyer?  Will one of the FFL holders there do a transfer for me?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
That's how most folks do it...I use a backpack and have a for sale sign pinned on it with discription and price....talk to everyone and show the pistol to all the vendors...others will see and inquire.

There are plenty of dealers there that will do the transfer....just ask...also make a note...they are cracking down on deals being done in the food court area. Take it outside then do the transfer or something like that.

What have you got and what are you asking???
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a SIG P220 for?  and a SIG P228 for ? and maybe my Berretta 96G-SD for ?

( EDT by SlideStop  Do Not turn this into a for sale ad . Take all other inquirers to email or IM )
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Opps ....sorry Dave

Slide....it's not really an ad ....just so's the rest of yuns guys know how much money to bring with yuns to the show....tat's all.  We be cool...anybody want to know the prices...just email Dave and He will let ya know.
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Who are the guys there that sell a bunch of ACOGs and Aimpoints? They also sell a whole bunch of bulk ammo. They usually have it sitting in big diamond tread boxes. Know who Im talking about? If I dont get to the gun show, I'll try and get to their store or at least call and ask about pricing. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The diamond plate boxes belong to Snake Run. They are a police supply store located in Koppel Pa.
Phone # 724 846 4800

I have bought several things there myself and have had good luck each time.

snakerun.com

Burl1
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry SlideStop, lost my head for a minute.  Didn't mean to advertise.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 3:44:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I might actually go to this one.  Need to get some more ammo.

Might sell a rifle too, you never know.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The diamond plate boxes belong to Snake Run. They are a police supply store located in Koppel Pa.
Phone # 724 846 4800

I have bought several things there myself and have had good luck each time.

snakerun.com

Burl1

Haha, wow.  That place is like 15 minutes away from here and I've never heard of it before.  I'll have to give her a look-see.
Link Posted: 11/6/2005 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I think there is an table set up against the wall that does nothing but transfers also. I could be wrong but I think that is what they do.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I have never been to the expo show, only the one at AG Hall in the Fairgrounds.  Now the AG Hall show was mostly old military stuff.  Really Old Stuff.

What will this show be like?  Is is more modern firearms?
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have never been to the expo show, only the one at AG Hall in the Fairgrounds.  Now the AG Hall show was mostly old military stuff.  Really Old Stuff.

What will this show be like?  Is is more modern firearms?

There are many new firearms but most of the time you are really going to have to search for a deal.  You can pick up ammo and other things for good prices usually.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Jackal,  

You might be thinking about the wrong "Expo".  
This is the Expo Mart near Pittsburgh, not the Expo place near Allentown.  

Dave,

Make a sign, put an asking price on it, and be ready to haggle.  Be clear about who is going to pay for the transfer - somebody will surely beat you up on the price and then try to stick you with paying for the transfer.  

I hope to be there Saturday morning...may have a few items to liquidate myself.

H
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 3:19:28 AM EDT
[#13]
There is also one at the expo center in lehigh valley on the 19th & 20th.

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There is also one at the expo center in lehigh valley on the 19th & 20th.

Yep, you're correct. I'll be there (the one near Allentown) for sure....I'm also selling a Sig P220 (never fired). I'm glad this topic was brought up because I was wondering about how to sell at a show as well.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Now I may end up not going.  I may have to work both days.  crap!
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there both days toting around my EEEVIL black rifle, cause i know the management is so fond of them  
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#17]
WOOOO HOOOOOO I  have Sunday off so I'll be at the show.  BTW I already sold the P228 nd P220.  Only have the 96G-SD left for sale.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I went this morning. Pretty good show overall. Saw some vendors that arent there alot like the holster guys and ammunitionstore.com. I saw a guy buy a full auto M-2 carbine from the vendor that always has the M-1's 03's and carbines. Price tag $10,200.00 wish I had that kind of gun budget. Saw the Barrett M82A1 for 8 grand what a rip off. My foreman just bought one NIB for around 5 grand. I ended up with an AR dewey bore guide, a new gas cylinder for my Garand, a handgaurd tool for the AR and 1 30 round usgi mag. I would have got more but I was out of money.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#19]
looky what my brother got today.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=78552

i didn't find anything i wanted except a pair of shooting gloves.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Went around noon or so picked up a lower parts kit and a six pos stock and a few new mags for the PT 92 . Wished I hadnt spent all of my spare cash before I saw the "infidel" and "I survived the 94 AWB and all I got was this lousy T-shirt..
...And a bayo lug,collapsable stock, hi-cap mag,and flashider " T-shirts !
One of those would've gone over so well at the monday morning meeting.

Someone found a SWEET herstal (Belgian FN ) PARA FAL for about $800 if I overheard him correctly !!!!
I really wish DSA or Dealers warehouse would start shipping PARA conversion kits!~!!

SO now I have ANOTHER complete lower awaiting an upper --and I shoulda picked up and aimpoint knockoff for when I do get an upper --going to do an M4 profile this time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, about to head up. Still waiting on Right2Keep to get outta bed; we're supposed to carpool up there

Speed
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Well....I was set up at the show this weekend and sold alot of AR mags.....and I had AK Polish underfolder kits for sale....a real steal at $230 for A grade kits....but didn't sell a one....real let down...not sure why they wouldn't sell.

good to see Gunrunners of PA there and a few other Arfcom folks that identified themselves...thanks for stopping by the table a chatting!
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Wait, did you sell me my mags today? NHMTG? I bought 10.

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Hello BUSHMAN15,

I e-mailed you but I am not sure if it worked.  I would like to purchase a polish kit you mentioned.  Could you please contact me?  Thank you.   (york,PA)

[email protected]

have a great one!
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]
i went there to see all the hunters in afreenzy getting ready for hunting season,  

I usualy find myself going to the show not for anything besides some surplus, and for the great storiesabout navy seals and justification on 1000 dollar olympic ar15's

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#26]
It was good to see BUSHMAN at the show. I hope it was worth it for you.

I picked up some ammo and a couple really cool t-shirts.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Where were all these cool  tee shirts at? I didnt see them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Where were all these cool  tee shirts at? I didnt see them.

As you passed by security, make a right, down the side wall. On the end of row I,J,K or L there was a guy selling tee shirts that said...."I survived the AWB and all I got......" & "INFIDEL  الكافر."
I kust had to get both.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:41:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I thought it was a pretty good show.  I just ran in on Saturday morning to get some ammo, AR parts, and some FAL magazines.  These things were reasonably priced and I bought 1,000 rounds each of XM193, and Q3131A.  

I have been on this kick to buy older Colt ARs and found a guy selling a NIB 6530 Lightweight Carbine for $950.00.  I looked over the rifle and it was in great shape; seemed to meet his description of NIB for sure.  He said that he would have to transfer it through a FFL as he wasn't one (seemed to be selling a lot of older reloading equipment).  

No problem.  There was a FFL I knew right next to his table.  The guy browsing this reloading stuff looked at me funny and stated that "people don't need those things."

Now, here I am at a gun show, with guns, ammo, etc. all around.  There are a ton of ARs, AKs, etc. at this show and people are buying this stuff up.  THis guy decides he's going to through his opnion out at me, this youngin, because well, he can.

The guy selling the rifle looked nervous; as if he wanted to agree to maybe make a sale to this old fogey perusing his stuff.  The seller looked at me and said "people misuse these things so that is why I feel we have to transfer it through a FFL."

I had no problem with the who transfer through a FFL, but I did with his comments.  

My response: "Sir, if you feel these are misused you are greatly confused."  I then looked at the old guy buying the old reloading stuff.  "I'm sure no one ever misused a bolt action rifle before right?"

I then walked away.  Fuck that guy.  I should have bought it to take it off his hands; he surely didn't appreciate that nice Colt.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Is it one of these shirts?

http://www.celticandmore.com/infidel.html
http://www.theamericaninfidel.com/amint.html
http://www.teesfortards.com/infidel.htm
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it one of these shirts?

http://www.celticandmore.com/infidel.html
http://www.theamericaninfidel.com/amint.html
http://www.teesfortards.com/infidel.htm

Although those are good the one I got says "INFIDEL" in english and then it says the same thing in arabic right underneath the english spelling. That way the ragheads terrorists can read it too.

Edited to add:
It looks like this...........

INFIDEL
الكافر.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Is there going to be another show in Pittsburgh soon???
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
looky what my brother got today.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=78552

i didn't find anything i wanted except a pair of shooting gloves.

Did he buy this from a dealer?  If so, I want one.  Do you know who he bought it from?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Hmmm... was the guy selling the Infidel shirts there before?  Just curious, I wore my Infidel shirt there to the show before last, and had several positive comments, questions on where I got it.  Wonder if he saw it and ran off a batch for this show.

I got mine from M4arc here.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Is there going to be another show in Pittsburgh soon???

Every 2 months
Jan21-22
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hmmm... was the guy selling the Infidel shirts there before?  Just curious, I wore my Infidel shirt there to the show before last, and had several positive comments, questions on where I got it.  Wonder if he saw it and ran off a batch for this show.

That looks like the ones that they had. the AWB shirts I found online at impact guns:
www.impactguns.com/store/TSHIRT-AWB.html#1224
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That looks like the ones that they had. the AWB shirts I found online at impact guns:
www.impactguns.com/store/TSHIRT-AWB.html#1224

Funny how the simple things are considered so evil  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top