Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 7:25:21 AM EDT
Alright folks I just got my postcard from the city (for my CCW). On the card it says to bring this card plus indentification.I assume that means my Driver`s License. Do I need ANYTHING else. EX moneyorders, bills that have name + adress, birth certificate, or more photos.

I really don`t ant to go to Lock`s to have to find out cause I`m a tad tight. And that`s when he has all the good stuff. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody???? Come on I don`t wanna hafta go to Lock`s I might just buy another gun there!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
The post card means they have already completed your background check. Bring your Driver's license, cash, and your face (they'll take a picture for your shiny new CCW.

At least here in York County, it's completely painless. In fact, when mine came up for renewal last year, they went ahead and did the background check and then sent me the card to let me know it was time to come in for a new permit. I didn't even have to re-apply. The process in the Sheriffs' office takes all of about 5 minutes.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Gus how much cash will I probably need? Remember this place is in NPhily.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]
It was under $20 here. I don't know if all the counties have the same charge. I'd take $40, then stop and buy some ammo on the way home!

When I got my first one it was $12 for 5 years.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Gus, but I wouldn`t buy any ammo around that area.

The only place that I know of around there is colosimo`s, and I would probably need the whole $40 just to get a half box of 20 thats 50 years old!

Side note guys I think we need an official get down on colosimo`s post and have it tacked up top in the PA section.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#6]
You shouldn't need any money . Didn't you give them a Money Order when you first turned in your paper work along with your pics ? If so you just need ID and that card .
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
slidestop I thought a check was ok when I went there, I didn`t know it had to be a money order. They get a lot of bad checks I guess. So I had to run out and get a M/O.

I just want to be sure that I have everything I need.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah  MO only . Than your all set . Just show up with that card and a picture ID . Good Luck
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't they accept cash? In Delaware County they do.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Not in Philly . Too many sticky fingers I guess. Money Orders only .
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Bummer.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a thought.  Just out of the blue, but did the card they sent you have a phone number anywhere on it?  CALL IT! ASK!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here's a thought.  Just out of the blue, but did the card they sent you have a phone number anywhere on it?  CALL IT! ASK!

That would be a good idea any place in the country other than the City Of Philadelphia. Calling the City is like waiting for the grass too grow again so you can cut it. In the chance you do get someone to answer the possibilities they know anything are unlikely. You gotta luv the City of Brotherly Love.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Not only that but Philadelphia fought tooth and nail to ban CCW within the city. The state ammended its constitution to prohibit any entity other than the state from enacting any legislation related to CCW. They cannot ban it if they want now, so they make it as much of a pain in the ass as possible.  Friggin big city retards.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Philly did get open carry banned by the State Legislature.

Only place in PA it's illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top