Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 11:04:50 PM EDT
Want to get together for some off-roading and/or shooting? I will be coming up to the south-west PA area in a few weeks to visit family. I went offroading once up there I think it was the Chestnut mountains? It was a lot better offroad than any place here where I live!!

Anyhow, let me know!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey when ya commin? Maybe we can really get togeather this time. It will be alot warmer this time around. Now that I think of it I do know a decent place to go do some 4 wheelin. I'll have to check on it as I haven't been there in years. Should be a good place to 4 wheel & do a little blastin too. Let me know.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, last time I wasnt able to make at the last minute. I was really bumed out about it too I will know for sure exactly when I will come up in about a week or two.

I also bought a really detailed map of PA. It even shows 4x4 Jeep trail all throughout mountains and stuff. I hope to get up there mid to late June.

What area do you live in again? Also, what kind of 4wd vehicle do you have?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW:

Any gunshows in that area in June? I want to try to get some lowers and maybe another AK doing the good 'ole American Cash & Carry way.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:45:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I live up in the Charleroi area now. But I know alot of Greene & Fayette countys. I have a Dodge Ram but it really isn't anything special for serious offroad work. Matter of a fact the U joints are blown out of the front end at the moment. I'm not sure about shows. I can look around. However I did just buy a bridgeport mill. I won't be ready to roll this time around but the next time you come up I will be ready for an AR lower milling party.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Want to get together for some off-roading and/or shooting? I will be coming up to the south-west PA area in a few weeks to visit family. I went offroading once up there I think it was the Chestnut mountains? It was a lot better offroad than any place here where I live!!
quote]

Oh, geez! Looks like the "Fayette-Cong" is at it again!  
Chestnut Ridge has it all. I spend a lot of time in Westmoreland Co. near the base of the ridge. Ideal off roadin' with a good deal of bear sightings, which is always cool. AR's are allowed at the PGC range thats close by, but no MG's, not even in semi mode.[>Q] SW Pa is becoming my favorite place.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

"Fayette-Cong"

I dont get the joke????

Chestnut Ridge has it all. I spend a lot of time in Westmoreland Co. near the base of the ridge. Ideal off roadin'

REally?? SO do you know of many trais and stuff? Would like to meet us for some off-roding?

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Back in the 70's and 80's, the local LE's branded anybody with jeans, P/U truck W/gun rack, (legal in those days) spot light, never-empty cooler of beer, etc. as Fayette Cong. They never caught me:):)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top