Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/28/2003 11:10:25 AM EDT
I just applied for my CCW today. Now how long am I going to have to wait for the postcard to come in? A lady that worked there said that they aren`t backed up like they were, but I have heard people say it can take as long as 6 months. So how long did it take some of you? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:16:28 AM EDT
Unfortunately, Philadelphia doesn't even consider the 45 day requirement in the law to even be a suggestion, much less a requirement. While I've heard from folks who have gotten their CCW in less than two months I've talked to as many who waited six.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:25:48 AM EDT
DavidC how long did it take you to get your permit?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:52:56 AM EDT
I got mine in philly last sept. It took 9 weeks. I heard it used to be a 6 month wait.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:15:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 223spree:
DavidC how long did it take you to get your permit?

I've had a permit for almost 25 years. Got the first one in Montgomery County when I was 21. Got it the same day I applied.

Most recently was when I renewed my CCW here in Bucks County. Took about 10 days.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:25:42 PM EDT
Carl, I had to wait almost the full six months, that was last year from april to sept, also I had previous permit, didn't mean a thing.

Had to take off from work, drive around on springarden street looking for a parking spot, go inside and wait for a few hours.

Almost six months later,take off from work drive around look for a parking spot, go inside with my card and wait, finally get called for picture.

On my way to the car I stop at, "Ignorant and outragously priced" Colisimo's, the door is locked but he is sitting right there at the counter eating a friggin hoagie the size of my arm, tells me to wait until he's done, (yeah right)I just laughed and walked away.

Isn't Philly great!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:13:23 PM EDT
I just renewed mine today. It took 6 monthes last summer because of 9/11. When i got my last one 5 years ago it took 90 days, I was told today it would take 5 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:33:12 AM EDT
HappyJack97 I had to get buzzed in too. That place is a sick joke. NO price tags on any firearms. I think I did see a pricetag on an old box of 9mm for the super low price of $20. Well I said F/T. The only reason they are still open is because thay sell guns to the police.

The other place right around there, Olde City Range I think it was called doesn`t sell guns anymore and doesn`t use the range for anything else other than Act 235. And the guy who worked there said that Colosimo`s was rediculously priced and that he gets business of off all the people who just got their CCW and don`t know any better!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:53:12 PM EDT
colissimo's ha ha ha what a dump.I saw a USED romanian sar-1 there last year for a whopping $800! I asked the old fart why the gun was so pricy, he told me that it was a 'Rare Variant'and might be a preban. After giggling a little bit I dropped a wicked fart and told the old man he was a crook and walked out. Om the way out the door he yelled 'get out here ya punk before i call the police'. I still wonder how douchebags like that stay in business!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:20:08 PM EDT
I've been trying to figure them out for years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:50:39 PM EDT
That dump did have a SPAS12 and a weird looking AK hunter (with the regular hunting stock AND pistol grip I can only imagine how much they wanted for those two guns! I feel bad for that poor SPAS though its probably going to sit there forever!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:10:38 AM EDT
colissimo's is a joke. The are WAY overpriced. Firing Line (on front street)is better.

Classic Pistol has ALOT better prices, its CLEAN, and the people are friendly.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:54:43 AM EDT
I belong to both.Classic has a mutch better range.
www.classicpistol.com
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:40:41 AM EDT
I belong to Classic Pistol since 2000. I do like the place my only complaint is no rapid fire.And like Dredd308 said the people there are a lot friendlier.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:11:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 223spree:
I belong to Classic Pistol since 2000. I do like the place my only complaint is no rapid fire.And like Dredd308 said the people there are a lot friendlier.

Never under stood that, you can shoot and rent full-auto there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:59:36 AM EDT
mikepenn33 the reason they said is because a lot of people can`t control their rapid fire, and shoot holes in the ceiling. So I understand that. They also know that me and my shooting partner (556sniper) can control our rapid fire. But we can`t either because monkey see monkey do. Still beats Nockamixon state range, 3 rounds period!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:03:20 AM EDT
try wings and water in east greensville up to 500yds
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:37:00 AM EDT
south philly gun and archery is a cool range nice and clean alot of pistols too good prices only talk to jimmy owner or nick firing line range sucks but larrys a stand up guy
in regards to ccw I applied april21 03 may 28th got the card 29th permit pick up
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:48:23 AM EDT
Jimmy use to own a pizza shop at 4th and south st and larry at firing line is great
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:10:01 AM EDT
my barber shop is on south street what pizza place did he own
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:31:54 AM EDT
It was called L.P. pizza. it's now starbucks
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:53:09 PM EDT
When I renewed my CCW last time I had to wait a ridiculously long time. In fact I didn't get the new license until about 2 months after my last one expired. Totally ridiculous.
If I had to say something nice its definitely a better setup than going to the old fire station on Race Street.
I don't much care for the fingerprints & photo equipment they are using now. Definitely a Big Brother setup.
As far as Collisimo's is concerned, I went in there 2 times. The first time I was treated very rudely. The second time I figured I see if they changed. Not a bit. The place sucks! There is NO valid reason for any one to shop there. They are the least appealing gun store in the Philadelphia area.

I shoot at Classic whenever I get the time. Great place to shoot. I usually shoot at a pretty decent pace and never had any problems.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:20:58 AM EDT
I received my CCW in 7 days after I applied. Course I had one from another state which I've had since I was 19 which might have helped. I also live in Bucks which I've heard makes a huge difference.

Classic Pistol is a great range. Friendly folks, fair prices for the most part (hey, they have to eat too), and usually a cute gal behind the counter. They also shoot IDPA every 3rd Tuesday.

M_J
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:41:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By montana_jeepn:
and usually a cute gal behind the counter.

She must be a hunter, she's got a hell of a rack!

M_J, do you shoot their IDPA match too?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:01:49 AM EDT
I do when I can make it. I shot it last month with my 1911.

Yes, she could definitely bring down some game.;)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:15:18 AM EDT
Her name is Brook and be nice her boyfriend works there and is an ex-marine
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:22:26 AM EDT
I'll pass that on to Kasey, she'll love hearing that. :) Brooke isn't Keith's gf, but she's taken as well, sorry boys! :)

I missed IDPA last Tuesday! I was thinking it was this Tuesday!

I swung in for a bit last night, it was crazy busy. People were coming out of the woodwork. :)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:14:00 AM EDT
I was there between 7:30 and 9:00. it was the first time I had to wait for a lane.
Top Top