BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm gonna try getting there early, was thinking of wearing a plate carrier, but am going to be doing filming/recording for my small youtube channel, so probably going lighter to carry equipment and not get fatigued. I will probably try parking a little closer, but will try to meet you guys at that parking lot still. I'll be wearing my azcdl shirt and concealed carrying.
View Quote
If the parking lot there is not filling up real fast at 0900, I figure we could hang out there for about 15 minutes or so in case anyone is running late.  If we don't see you at the parking lot, will see you at the Lt. Luke meetup point.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I'm still hoping to make it Saturday, but kinda tweaked my back today and can't stand up straight. Going to try to rest tonight and tomorrow as much as possible to see if I feel better. I bought stuff specifically to try on Saturday, so it's gonna suck if I can't make it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well I'm still hoping to make it Saturday, but kinda tweaked my back today and can't stand up straight. Going to try to rest tonight and tomorrow as much as possible to see if I feel better. I bought stuff specifically to try on Saturday, so it's gonna suck if I can't make it.
View Quote
I can relate, my back is not the best and it sucks when it acts up.  Rest up and hope you can make it even if you can't stay for the entire rally.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife and I are going.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll try and meet you guys at the statue at 9:45.  I'll just be in regular clothes and probably OC'ing something lame like a Glock.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like it is going to be a real nice day for a rally.  I'm still planning on getting there around 0900 and parking at the 17th Ave., and Adams parking lot, then meet up with everyone else at 0945 at the Lt. Luke memorial at 0945.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
@DStepec
@spyderboy03

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like it is going to be a real nice day for a rally.  I'm still planning on getting there around 0900 and parking at the 17th Ave., and Adams parking lot, then meet up with everyone else at 0945 at the Lt. Luke memorial at 0945.
@DStepec

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/504688/Park_17th_Ave-1273763.jpg
View Quote
Copy that, see you at 0900!
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@DStepec

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/504688/Park_17th_Ave-1273763.jpg
Roger that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just wondering What some of you guys are Carrying as fire arms etc.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be carrying a slung AR.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Ill be there with my wife 3 kids and a stroller
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Planning on being at the parking lot at 9, but picking up 3 others. I'll be open carrying my 13.7 AR and Polymer80 17 sized Glock, plus my plate carrier.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeh, I’ve never been to a rally but would one be hassled for a suppressor/SBR combo?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Still planning on attending. Waiting for confirmation from a friend. If I have to come solo, I will meet up at the parking lot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeh, I’ve never been to a rally but would one be hassled for a suppressor/SBR combo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think it should be a problem, if it's legal to own, and AZ is open carry.  At Lobby Day,  there was probably every version of an AR configuration that you could imagine.   Hell, there was even a guy humping a Barrett around the Capitol.  
It is another reason to stay in groups just in case you run into an unfriendly LE, less likely to get jerked around with when there are other people with you that start taking videos and are also armed.

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeh, I've never been to a rally but would one be hassled for a suppressor/SBR combo?
View Quote
I'll be rolling with a suppressed sbr. I keep the paperwork on board the rifle in case anyone asks
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Debating between nicely dressed with OC Glock 19 and MP5 clone or full battle rattle with day noodles.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A bunch of us are meeting at the Lt. Luke statue at 0945.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86695/luke_statue-1273465.jpg
View Quote
I’m in!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Debating between nicely dressed with OC Glock 19 and MP5 clone or full battle rattle with day noodles.

Thoughts?
View Quote
I would wear whatever you want, but a lot of people carrying "scary rifles" and peacefully assembling can change some people's minds.  I posted this in the Battle lines thread but I think it is worth repeating:

I had a very early flight out of Richmond on Tuesday morning. I knew it probably would not be very crowded at the airport, but I wanted to get there early since I had to check what I call my special baggage. I walk into the airport around 0430 and walk up to the airline check in counter. There was no one else there yet. I told the lady at counter that I was checking in for my flight, and needed to declare a firearm. I placed my pelican case up on the checked luggage shelf.

As I look up, the lady at the counter looked at the case, then looked at me. She then asked me if I had been at the Rally at Lobby Day with all those people with guns and rifles, and had I traveled all the way from Arizona to do so. I just replied that yes, that is why I was there. That is all I said.

She then just starts talking, that she had seen the pictures of all us people there with all their guns and rifles, that people all over had seen those pictures, including people in Europe etc. All those people there with all those guns and absolutely nothing happened. She goes on and on some more about all those people with all those guns there and nothing happened.

I can tell that she has heard the things about how guns are bad, guns need to be controlled for everyone's safety etc., but after seeing all those pictures of the rally, and seeing just this old average American citizen as a representative of the people at the rally standing right in front of her, that the gun control narrative is just made up words, but what she had seen is the truth. I'm telling myself holy shit, I believe there is a big light bulb going off in her head.

And then she said I get it, guns are not the problem, it is the bad people that use guns to do bad things, that the guns are not the problem, and everyone else should get it like she did. I just replied you are absolutely correct, and that was one of the points we were trying to make. She said thank you and every one else for what they did, and got the impression she is going to be pointing out the same thing to everyone else she knew.

Once again, all I said was yes I came here for Lobby Day. It was quite apparent that she is now crystal clear on the fact that BS she had heard from the gun control crowd is just that, pure BS as we had showed her in no uncertain terms by the Rally that all that BS is BS because if it was true, why did nothing happen.

I know this isn't the same as getting the Virginia legislature to have a light bulb moment, but what we did had a profound effect on this lady, and I'm sure there are more like her. Maybe not enough right now to make a huge impact, but changing hearts and minds a few people at a time sure as hell doesn't hurt us.

She then just handed me the firearms card to sign, and had me open my case right there and put the card in it. I asked what about the TSA having to do their check (as what is happened when I checked my case on the way out here). She just beamed and said no, you are good to go, kinda of like a thanks and was her little part in being part of the group. Just really great to see that because of what we did, she now knows the truth.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:01:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would wear whatever you want, but a lot of people carrying "scary rifles" and peacefully assembling can change some people's minds.  I posted this in the Battle lines thread but I think it is worth repeating:

I had a very early flight out of Richmond on Tuesday morning. I knew it probably would not be very crowded at the airport, but I wanted to get there early since I had to check what I call my special baggage. I walk into the airport around 0430 and walk up to the airline check in counter. There was no one else there yet. I told the lady at counter that I was checking in for my flight, and needed to declare a firearm. I placed my pelican case up on the checked luggage shelf.

As I look up, the lady at the counter looked at the case, then looked at me. She then asked me if I had been at the Rally at Lobby Day with all those people with guns and rifles, and had I traveled all the way from Arizona to do so. I just replied that yes, that is why I was there. That is all I said.

She then just starts talking, that she had seen the pictures of all us people there with all their guns and rifles, that people all over had seen those pictures, including people in Europe etc. All those people there with all those guns and absolutely nothing happened. She goes on and on some more about all those people with all those guns there and nothing happened.

I can tell that she has heard the things about how guns are bad, guns need to be controlled for everyone's safety etc., but after seeing all those pictures of the rally, and seeing just this old average American citizen as a representative of the people at the rally standing right in front of her, that the gun control narrative is just made up words, but what she had seen is the truth. I'm telling myself holy shit, I believe there is a big light bulb going off in her head.

And then she said I get it, guns are not the problem, it is the bad people that use guns to do bad things, that the guns are not the problem, and everyone else should get it like she did. I just replied you are absolutely correct, and that was one of the points we were trying to make. She said thank you and every one else for what they did, and got the impression she is going to be pointing out the same thing to everyone else she knew.

Once again, all I said was yes I came here for Lobby Day. It was quite apparent that she is now crystal clear on the fact that BS she had heard from the gun control crowd is just that, pure BS as we had showed her in no uncertain terms by the Rally that all that BS is BS because if it was true, why did nothing happen.

I know this isn't the same as getting the Virginia legislature to have a light bulb moment, but what we did had a profound effect on this lady, and I'm sure there are more like her. Maybe not enough right now to make a huge impact, but changing hearts and minds a few people at a time sure as hell doesn't hurt us.

She then just handed me the firearms card to sign, and had me open my case right there and put the card in it. I asked what about the TSA having to do their check (as what is happened when I checked my case on the way out here). She just beamed and said no, you are good to go, kinda of like a thanks and was her little part in being part of the group. Just really great to see that because of what we did, she now knows the truth.
View Quote
That's awesome! It definitely helps show that a lot of people have them and are responsible with them. I hope it also boosts the confidence of other gun owners that are on the fence about either going to a rally or showing up armed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll be rolling with a suppressed sbr. I keep the paperwork on board the rifle in case anyone asks
View Quote
Full Kit.....or maybe Half Kit
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I’m late to the party, but is there any comms list for arfcom I need to be on?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
One of the guys riding with me tomorrow asked me about that. I don't have comms or a ham license. Those are on my list of need to do sooner than later. He has comms and I believe will be bringing some stuff.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I got my Hawaiian shirt nice and ironed. Can't be going in looking like a hobo. I'm slinging my CZ Bren 805.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got my Hawaiian shirt nice and ironed. Can't be going in looking like a hobo. I'm slinging my CZ Bren 805.
View Quote
Mine has some major factory fold lines in it... I need to go find the steamer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
One of the guys riding with me tomorrow asked me about that. I don't have comms or a ham license. Those are on my list of need to do sooner than later. He has comms and I believe will be bringing some stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope, we aren't that organized yet,  I got an IM from one other member that is going and we exchanged contact info.  A few of us are meeting at the parking lot on the map I posted earlier at 0900.  Everyone else is planning on meeting at the Lt. Luke Memorial at 0945.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm in. Can not stay for the full event but will be there early to meet up with whom I can at the parking lot.  FU Arock and Code 87 still the rally cry  Will be slinging an AR still deciding on sidearm choice.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:35:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is that a threat?

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 3:24:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I’ll also be at the statue rendezvous.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn good CZoice in rifle, sir.

I will not be there, working. Sorry.
Be advised - Phoenix PD is not the best department in the state. If DPS/State Troopers come out, they are usually some pretty fine squared away people.
Good luck, be safe and have fun!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#32]
... I'd planned ongoing but came down with a nasty cold so I'm staying in this time. Avenge me, boys. Avenge me!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Just had my Sat morning chat with my mother whom used to be anti-gun. She said “make sure you watch out for those anti-gun wackos.”

Proud son moment.... 15 years of chipping away...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#34]
See you guys there packing up now
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
See you guys there packing up now
View Quote
Same, sad that I must admit I have to hit Target on the way for my floral boog shirt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Taking off in a couple of minutes, see you there
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#37]
We ended up in the Wesley Bolin Memorial Park parking lot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#38]
The 0900 lot is permit/decal only, so aborting that lot and heading to the NE corner of 19th ave and Jefferson. See you all soon!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#39]
It's pretty empty now. We are already near the statue.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Wife is taking forever to get ready. Wont be able to meet at the rally point, but will be there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#41]
And we are off!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm here in a grey suit and MP5 if any of you guys want to say hi.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Group photo in front of the capital at noon, if anyone sees this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Group photo in front of the capital at noon, if anyone sees this.
View Quote
In! To be clear... where is the front in relation to the speaker stage?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Awesome!  Saw you guys in the background of somebody’s picture on Facebook!  Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I took my 18-year-old son with me and let him sling my 11.5" SBR. Really enjoyed the camaraderie and patriotism out there today.

A pic with James T. Harris, host of the Conservative Circus--a news/talk radio show I listen to often on 550 kHz AM KFYI. Super cool guy!

Ran into some cool guy Hawaiian style Boogaloo dudes with awesome kit and weaponry.

In good company with fellow patriots, albeit with some occasional weirdos sprinkled in here and there. A lot of cringeworthy guns and holster setups. Saw one guy with a cross draw OWB holster and then a backup pistol stuffed into the front pocket of his jeans.

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

This is the future libertarians want.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm so pissed that my back decided to shit the bed right before this rally. Would have loved to been there and got some footage. Hopefully I won't be laid up for years like last time...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The 0900 lot is permit/decal only, so aborting that lot and heading to the NE corner of 19th ave and Jefferson. See you all soon!
View Quote
Sorry about not knowing about the decal only parking, will have to do recon in the future.  Anyways, it was a pleasure meeting everyone.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#50]
A buddy of mine was there, siad about ten guys with masks on came in, stood around, and then quietly vacated. He thought AntiFa who may have realized that they were REALLY in the wrong place. I saw my Sheriff Lamb was there - he gets my vote again. My friend said it was a very peaceful and pleasant affair, with some politicians speaking, but apparently Ducey didn't even respond to an invite.
Not ONE word on the news, ABC15, CNN, Fox, nothing.
And back to work I go, sorry I couldn't be there.

Edit to add, apparently there was an ABC15 story, but it was buried.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top