Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Possibly thr community center. Not sure how the church would feel since it is a Sunday morning. Car pooling could help. Frys is only a few minutes up the road  and people could gather there. I am hoping that we are going early enough that it will be pretty empty. Do we have any idea how many people plan to show up tomorrow?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Possibly thr community center. Not sure how the church would feel since it is a Sunday morning. Car pooling could help. Frys is only a few minutes up the road  and people could gather there. I am hoping that we are going early enough that it will be pretty empty. Do we have any idea how many people plan to show up tomorrow?
View Quote
I am expecting about 12 or so. Me plus 2 for sure!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't something just pass about changing the rules of carrying in a school parking lot? Either way, it's on the weekend, with no one there and the school locked up, wouldn't think it would be an issue? But someone smarter then me would know for sure, I just know the parking over there would be much easier.

I unfortunately won't be making it. Tweaked my back right before the rally. Feeling better, but gonna take more time off to ensure I don't mess anything up. Have fun!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Could you guys provide a street address for us to go to?

I just don't want to end up in the wrong spot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Could you guys provide a street address for us to go to?

I just don't want to end up in the wrong spot.
View Quote
There isn't a street address I could find.

The trailhead parking lot is right behind the Copper hills community church.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there about 0800 if you guys are ok with that start time. Peoria is quite the drive.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll be there about 0800 if you guys are ok with that start time. Peoria is quite the drive.
View Quote
I'm willing to wait. I think I am currently the only one here. Parking lot is pretty empty.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Soooooo, how was the hike?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Soooooo, how was the hike?
View Quote
For me, brutal! I ended up turning back after locking up my knee. Long walk back to the car... Good spot though. Going to try it again in a week personally.

6 folks turned out. I think maybe too far for some to make it.

Taking suggestions for the next hike for date and location.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For me, brutal! I ended up turning back after locking up my knee. Long walk back to the car... Good spot though. Going to try it again in a week personally.

View Quote
I feel you! I just went to the first little hill and did a couple of loops around that, but still rough for my fat ass. Boots and good socks def help, sucks about the knee.

Yeah its a good spot for the west side guys, not so much for east siders. Something along the 51 would probably be the best for all to meet, but probably very busy. Or it might be best to have multiple areas that meet semi regularly, with 1 or 2 big meet ups centrally a year. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry I didn't make it. Was sleeping off Saturday night's bad decisions.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Please add me to the group, I may be able to make the next hike.  I'm in the West Valley, Avondale/Goodyear area.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I took my kids out to Usery park this morning and tried some new trails. For those of you on the east side who struggled with elevation, check out the Blevins trail. Three mile loop with next to no elevation change but some varied terrain.

I’m sure we will be back out that way soon. This was a last minute trip or I would have posted here first.

I really want to do the 7 mile Pass Mountain trail if anyone is interested in a more serious hike-hit me up!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Well this thing died pretty quickly. I'm still trying to lose weight and do some hiking. I'm gonna try to get out to do a short hike nearby multiple times to get the heart rate up and the legs moving, if anyone is interested. I keep putting it off, so if someone wants to go and pick a day, it'll make it happen for me as there is a time I can't put off. Let me know.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Im still out daily putting in miles. Foot is nearly healed up and ready for some serious work. When are we heading out next?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Im still out daily putting in miles. Foot is nearly healed up and ready for some serious work. When are we heading out next?
View Quote

@DanSharp what side of town you on and where do you hike? I need to get out, just never can seem to make it a priority.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@DanSharp what side of town you on and where do you hike? I need to get out, just never can seem to make it a priority.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's in my neighborhood.

I haven't hiked or rucked since the Bataan Memorial Death March was cancelled a week before the event. I have done some short running in my workouts the past few weeks, but I was lazy and fluffing up for most of March, April, and first week of May. I am up for getting out and hiking.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am right near spyderboy03. I usually do the 3 miles around the loop of the neighborhood just to get basic miles in. As it warms up I will be doing it more and more as long as I dont mess up my metatarsals again. Always welcome to walk the loop here. Maybe we could get more and more people doing it to prepare for the battle buddy hikes in summer.

-Dan
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Well youre close, so thats convenient! I'm trying to get into hunting, so i'd like to do some trail stuff to get used to uneven terrain, but i'll def take whatever i can get at this point.

What time/days do you go? Do you know where spyderboy lives, and if he is ok with it, meet there? Or is there someplace we can meet up? Just to give a heads up, i'm slow as hell, so if youre doing it for time, i WILL slow you down. Obviously i'm trying to work on speed and endurance, but right now i suck.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well youre close, so thats convenient! I'm trying to get into hunting, so i'd like to do some trail stuff to get used to uneven terrain, but i'll def take whatever i can get at this point.

What time/days do you go? Do you know where spyderboy lives, and if he is ok with it, meet there? Or is there someplace we can meet up? Just to give a heads up, i'm slow as hell, so if youre doing it for time, i WILL slow you down. Obviously i'm trying to work on speed and endurance, but right now i suck.
View Quote

I am pretty sure spyderboy lives on the same street as me just east or west of me is the question. I assume west. Anyhow, I go out in the evenings usually between 1830-20:00 depending on when work is completed. There is really just one hill and the rest is just grinding out the miles. This weekend I will be away but lets plot out something for this coming week.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#21]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I go out almost daily to keep building momentum. Dread_Scott comes with me several times a week. Everyone else out there still staying at it?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I go out almost daily to keep building momentum. Dread_Scott comes with me several times a week. Everyone else out there still staying at it?
View Quote

I am back to mostly "crossfitting" in my garage since I don't have a ruck or anything planned.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top