User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm registered. I didn't get the email though.
View Quote
this^
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:59:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Yay!
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
this^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm registered. I didn't get the email though.
this^
In your SPAM folder?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I created the original site and used to own it, but my time and ability to continue developing it were diminished due to changes in my work situation, so I 'sold' it off to someone else who I thought would have the motivation and ability to continue it.  That was about 8 years ago or so.

I am not involved with the management of that site/domain anymore - and I don't know its status, but I will say that I just registered a new domain:  ArizonaShooting.org.  My work environment has changed a bit, so I can dedicate more time to getting it up and going how it used to be many, many years ago when I ran it.  The original intent when I created the site in 2001, was to just have a small, local buy/sell/trade board for locals.  Then, they wanted forums, so I added more - and it grew from there.  I am happy to go down that road again, if the demand is there.
View Quote
I was a member of the original for a few years and just created a new account on your new site, but it says that I HAVE to stick around for a while and make several posts and be "involved" in the forum community before I can post an add in the classifieds or even view them! What kind of crap is that? I will never be back on that forum again just because of that stupid nonsensical rule.
Backpage is gone and AZshooting is gone so now we have nowhere to buy or sell locally online in AZ.
I have several things I need to sell asap in order to keep my water and electricity on in my home because work has been horrible these past few months but have no way of doing this now
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was a member of the original for a few years and just created a new account on your new site, but it says that I HAVE to stick around for a while and make several posts and be "involved" in the forum community before I can post an add in the classifieds or even view them! What kind of crap is that? I will never be back on that forum again just because of that stupid nonsensical rule.
Backpage is gone and AZshooting is gone so now we have nowhere to buy or sell locally online in AZ.
I have several things I need to sell asap in order to keep my water and electricity on in my home because work has been horrible these past few months but have no way of doing this now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I created the original site and used to own it, but my time and ability to continue developing it were diminished due to changes in my work situation, so I 'sold' it off to someone else who I thought would have the motivation and ability to continue it.  That was about 8 years ago or so.

I am not involved with the management of that site/domain anymore - and I don't know its status, but I will say that I just registered a new domain:  ArizonaShooting.org.  My work environment has changed a bit, so I can dedicate more time to getting it up and going how it used to be many, many years ago when I ran it.  The original intent when I created the site in 2001, was to just have a small, local buy/sell/trade board for locals.  Then, they wanted forums, so I added more - and it grew from there.  I am happy to go down that road again, if the demand is there.
http://www.azshootingzone.com
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, reading comprehension is important, so there's that.  Had you taken a few minutes to actually read on the site, you'd quickly find the answer to your question and realize you are incorrect.  Here's a hint...

However, the ironic part is that you made the exact case and reason for that policy.  The site doesn't exist for the sole purpose of buying and selling; it's not intended to replace backpage.  I'm sorry you are having trouble making ends meet, though trying to throw blame at the feet of someone who is providing a service at no cost to the people who use it, smacks of entitlement.  Just sayin...

Anyway, several other sites have been posted in this thread along the way; feel free to try one of those.

https://www.ArizonaShooting.ORG
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's a good rule, it helps keep spammers from flooding the site with garbage.  I think I have 4 posts over there and I can get into the classifieds.  For the amount of time you spent posting in here you could have done it over there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Just checked in on arizonashooting.com, and there is a message that says the sight will be back up at soon, with a box the enter your email address for notifications.  Maybe there is hope?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just checked in on arizonashooting.com, and there is a message that says the sight will be back up at soon, with a box the enter your email address for notifications.  Maybe there is hope?
View Quote
That has been there for a month now.  Most users have gone elsewhere by this time as the site has been down about 3 or 4 months.  We'll see, I guess.  I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Use whatever you want.  I was the one who originally built the ArizonaShooting.com site ~15 years ago, and transferred it (in retrospect, not a great choice, but was best for me at the time).  It continued, but without much development or support, and the state of it today is a result of that, unfortunately (down/dead?).  Several reached out to me to put up a new site over the last several years to restore a new site to how it used to be.  When this outage happened last month, a few more reached out to me to ask, and the timing just worked, so I put up ArizonaShooting.ORG now.  Others seem to have started a new board as well; there are several others in this thread - presumably to fill the vacuum by the .com site going down.

So ArizonaShooting.ORG will likely attract those people who remember the days of the old site, and we'll grow from there.  All are welcome.  Use all the boards if you want; whatever your preference.  
View Quote
Joined … rejoined?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top