[#1]

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
NICE!
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh Camping! The most expensive way to feel homeless!
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL.  Not if you feel at home in the woods/forest.  It is my happy place!
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

I live for the woods/forest. Grew up in Scottsdale, but spent a ton of time in the White Mountains as a kid with my family. I’ve always felt most at home in the woods.

That said, finally breaking ground on my cabin home this year! Dealing with an architect now. So, I guess I won’t always have to live like a homeless person in the woods any longer...though, I still will plenty.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.

I live for the woods/forest. Grew up in Scottsdale, but spent a ton of time in the White Mountains as a kid with my family. I’ve always felt most at home in the woods.

That said, finally breaking ground on my cabin home this year! Dealing with an architect now. So, I guess I won’t always have to live like a homeless person in the woods any longer...though, I still will plenty.
View Quote
Nice. What part of the state are you building your cabin?

I'm headed up to our family place in Forest Lakes after work tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get some badass afternoon thunderstorm naps in. I didn't bother trying to get a fishing license this year because the lakes and my favorite creeks were so low. Hopefully in the next couple years it will bounce back with some good snow & rain seasons.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice. What part of the state are you building your cabin?
View Quote
That’s still a bit up in the air. I currently have a 3 acre plot in Show Low, and a gorgeous 1.2 acre wooded piece of land around Idaho Falls. Getting initial design plans/details in place right now. Also currently eyeing some parcels in the Heber and Alpine/Hannagan Meadow areas, as well. We won’t be officially breaking ground until after this winter. The exact spot will be narrowed down before October, though. Will either be here in the White Mountains/Rim area, or up near Yellowstone on the Idaho side.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Got back from the white mountains last week of July, rained every afternoon and the fishing at reservation lake was good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got back from the white mountains last week of July, rained every afternoon and the fishing at reservation lake was good.
View Quote
Just randomly headed up to the Rim for a few days. Rained every afternoon, and a bit every night there, too. Was quite breathtaking after the storms rolled through, though...

Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Three days at the North Rim Campground this weekend!!!!!  Cant wait.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just randomly headed up to the Rim for a few days. Rained every afternoon, and a bit every night there, too. Was quite breathtaking after the storms rolled through, though...

https://i.imgur.com/RxYEcC5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EDLMW7U.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HlqPGzk.jpg
View Quote
Awesome photos man!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice. And, thanks.

I’m likely to takeoff for a trip to the pines, myself, within the next day or two. A week in the city is about my limit these days lol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#15]
The NPS North Rim Campground is awesome!  Uncrowded, cool, amenities to please the wife, the views... and just plain relaxing!!  Will post more later..  
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The NPS North Rim Campground is awesome!  Uncrowded, cool, amenities to please the wife, the views... and just plain relaxing!!  Will post more later..  
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1869/30606380718_3d8acf1b64_b.jpg
View Quote
Nice. Looking forward to them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#17]
So this trip was almost into the glamping classification..  I told my wife we are not camping, just sleeping in a tent lol.  The campground had flush toilets, showers, and a market/cafe and it was an easy mile walk to the lodge for everything else.  We had dinner there the night we got there.

Jacob Lake cookies... pretty dang tasty.

Did not expect to see a buffalo herd... at that moment I felt undergunned.. 9mm and 30-30 with 170gr would probably bounce off them.  Next time 45-70.

Got camp setup.

Wife made the bed

We went to the North Rim Lodge and watched the sunset and then waited for our friends to arrive for dinner there in the dining room.

Had a great light show going on across the rim... storms were going to be the reoccurring theme this trip..and it was awesome.  Screen cap from video i took.

Sunday morning started with the mile walk to the lodge and then coffee and a view.

Walking back to camp..

quick feather stick

Time for some adult beverages!

My wife rangered me by surprise!

Nap time in the tent during an afternoon storm.

Cooking dinner and more beer.. Dutch oven chicken thighs with yellow rice and biscuits on top.

The wife set the table.. even in the forest she can entertain!

Heading home the next day, Vermillion Cliffs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice! Looks like a great trip!
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Not AZ, but just returned from 4 days up around Telluride. We got some killer sights and wheeling in.

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nice!  Did you camp in or near Telluride? We are planning a trip to Ouray next year.
View Quote
Nope. My buddy’s family owns a three story house right by the gondola in Mountain Village. We were tearing up trails by day, jamming out at the annual Telluride Blues and Brews festival by night, and living like kings after hours lol.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nice!  Did you camp in or near Telluride?  We are planning a trip to Ouray next year.
View Quote
We took a trip years ago all through Colorado and stopped for a few hours in Ouray to go hang out at the hot springs water park. If I would have known it was so beautiful there, I wouldn't have had to plan a whole trip and just stayed there! That place is pretty awesome, only problem is I let the wife drive the portion going up the switchbacks and windy mountain road on the way into Ouray and nearly had a heart attack! Needless to say, I drove the entire rest of the trip...
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice man!! Gorgeous!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Hmm...

Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#25]
BTT. You guys sure don’t get out much...

Got another trip planned for this weekend. Pics to come...
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I was camping at Parker Canyon Lake this last weekend.  Sorry no pictures.

Anyone know of some good camping spots around Sedona?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Can’t help ya with Sedona. I avoid lib country at all costs. I already gotta coexist with plenty of them in the Valley. Don’t need them anywhere near where I go to unwind.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Campgrounds or Dispersed?  Id hit some of the places up 89A, Oak Creek Canyon myself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Campgrounds or Dispersed?  Id hit some of the places up 89A, Oak Creek Canyon myself.
View Quote
Dispersed camping.  Do you know if dispersed camping is allowed on Schnebly Hill Road? Or, along Forest 525 or 761B?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was out helping the Jr hunt camp in sonoita this last weekend. Must've passed by me a couple times!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I was out helping the Jr hunt camp in sonoita this last weekend. Must've passed by me a couple times!
View Quote
Maybe!  Although, on the way to Parker we went through Ft. Huachuca and the way back we went through Elgin to Hwy 82.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Maybe!  Although, on the way to Parker we went through Ft. Huachuca and the way back we went through Elgin to Hwy 82.
View Quote
Ahh, yeah I was in 34A helping kids. I did a lot of work with the AZ Antelope Foundation in Elgin with fence repairs for the pronghorn out there. Really cool area.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I really need to get out more.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:02:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I really need to get out more.
View Quote
Indeed.  And that is my goal too!  Arizona is such a diverse and beautiful state.

Link Posted: 10/11/2018 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
My hometown.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:29:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Getting a little more mileage out of this picture from the rim a couple weeks ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Getting a little more mileage out of this picture from the rim a couple weeks ago.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/274847/DEC43746-2126-4690-B198-3534040CC224_jpeg-703301.JPG
View Quote
Very nice.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top