Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 8:28:43 PM EDT
Besides fire, what works for ants in AZ?  Not in the house yet but they are definitely doing some digging.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Demon WP
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Amdro.
It kills the queen, so the entire mound dies.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Both of what the above two posted.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amdro.
View Quote
I try to be organic when it comes to pest control but ants are murder on my peach trees so I nuke them with Amdro.  It works really well.  Sprinkle it around the hill and they'll do the rest.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Amdro.
View Quote
This is what I used a few years back. Worked great.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:00:01 AM EDT
[#7]
what kind of ants?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what kind of ants?
View Quote
Good question.  They seem smallish. Thinking fire ants maybe?  The dig like crazy between my pavers in the back yard. 
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I use Talstar granules. Spread them around the ants and their path of travel, and mound/hole if you can find it, get granules wet.... they die. I use that stuff on the giant hills I have on my property with the big fire ants. The mound is dead in about 45 minutes. Plus, each time it rains or gets wet, it releases more toxins and continues to kill. Works great on anything that crosses it, centipedes, scorps, spiders, etc. They also have a liquid spray I use as a perimeter treatment. Once dry, non-toxic to kids and animals.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Just put down some Amdro a week ago and can already see  the hills have dead ants around them. It was suggested by a guy at Home Depot. That stuff worked fast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top