Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2017 1:20:18 AM EDT
I am visiting my sister in Oro Valley.  Is there an ARFCOM'er who has a vice, jaws, and tools to remove a barrel from an AR-15. I need to ship it and it doesn't fit in the box now. If somebody is available Wednesday Evening or Thursday anytime, I would greatly appreciate the 5 or ten minutes and tools I need.  Thanks!

ETA: got the nut off destructively.  Thanks for the offers of help.  I asked too late in the game and didn't give you folks enough time to get with me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If you get up here to Florence, you're more than welcome to use my tools.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you get up here to Florence, you're more than welcome to use my tools.
View Quote
That's a bit out of the way.  Thanks for the offer, though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
near Naranja, still need help?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can’t find anyone just go into a gun store and tell them you need to have the barrel removed. Shouldn’t be more than 5 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you can’t find anyone just go into a gun store and tell them you need to have the barrel removed. Shouldn’t be more than 5 bucks.
View Quote
Unfortunately for OP, there's really no good gun stores in that area.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]
There were no good gun stores in the area, as was stated.  I found a family friend with a vice, hammer, and drift punch and managed to back the barrel nut off.  Will be fine when I get the gun home as I will be putting a free-float rail on.  Thanks for the offers, AZ folks.  Should have asked early enough to get it done the right way!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top