Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2017 6:39:43 PM EDT
Preston Phillips was talking about the Vegas shooting and said by the shooter adding the bump fire stock it turned a semi auto rifle into full auto. I sent him this Email. I'm not bad mouthing him, maybe he's just reading what's on the teleprompter. But how many people now believe a bump fire stock turns an AR-15 into full auto?

Hi Preston,

I just saw your story on Las vegas shooting this morning about 6:35 A.M. You incorrectly stated that the gunmen added a bump fire stock that would change the weapon from semi auto to full auto. This is totally not true! A bump fire stock increases the rate of fire but it is still a single pull of the trigger. I wish the media would consult with firearms experts for clarification on how firearms work before broadcasting an untruth.

Best regards,

Doug xxxxxx

Here's his response.

Hey Doug,

Thanks for your email. Yes, I am aware that a full auto fires at about double the rate of a gun, modified with a Slide Fire stock. Not sure how I slipped on that today. Been a gun owner for nearly 20 years, so I do know my guns, etc. Thanks for calling attention to this and I do hope you keep watching us in the morning. :)

All the best,

Preston

Preston Phillips
KPHO - CBS5 - PHOENIX
Weekday Morning Anchor
Mobile: 480-450-4282
E-Mail: [email protected]
Twitter: www.twitter.com/prestonTVNews
FB: www.facebook.com/prestonphillipsnews
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
"I'm a gun owner..."

Matchlock or Flintlock?

/sigh/
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
He's a media chump.

As far as I'm concerned, none of them give a damn about the truth.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As far as I'm concerned, none of them give a damn about the truth.
View Quote
Unfortunately the media does not report the truth, they only want controversy so it bring in more stories.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Slipped his mind because it didn’t mean the agenda of the company
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Just more leftwing libtard gun grabber BS to achieve their agenda to kill the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
He said it because that is what was on the teleprompter.  Like he is going to change the narrative.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He said it because that is what was on the teleprompter.  Like he is going to change the narrative.
View Quote

+1  He's just doing his job.  He could have ignored you but didn't.

After looking at his twitter bio, he's alright in my book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top