BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll bringing myself, is that weird enough?
View Quote

is that even a question? If you truly need and answer...indeed sir it is quite weird enough. Especially all clean gut and shaven, scary respectable you appear.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

is that even a question? If you truly need and answer...indeed sir it is quite weird enough. Especially all clean gut and shaven, scary respectable you appear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bringing myself, is that weird enough?

(Looks in mirror and hangs head) Sigh, I miss my beard.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
May 2014 scores are up!

Great time as always, thank you for braving the heat, pushing trucks and carrying of mortar cans!

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/may-2014/
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry I missed.....hope to be back with the crue in full force for June, my birthday weekend!
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Knocking the rust off video

Youtubes
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's the link to Forgotten Weapon's page on the match and the video of the BAR vs FG42:

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/2-gun-fg42-vs-bar-video/
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#7]
NEXT MATCH: June 21st!

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/

Walkthrough at 9am, get there at 8:30 for sign-in and prep.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a friendly reminder: the match is this Saturday!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Next week is the 138th anniversary of the Battle of Greasy Grass Creek, otherwise known as the Battle of the Little Bighorn.

Considering the proximity of this weekend's match to this event, I'll be shooting a 1866 Winchester.

What are your plans?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/ceramicgod/IMG_5672_zps5a1526a6.jpg
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]
aw crap....I love when you throw down the gauntlet.....but that means breaking my Spencer and Schofield out of mothballs.
Seems too much like work.
Maybe I'll just shoot my new pistol instead (AR pistol)
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
June 2014 scores are up!

Great turn out, thank you!

It was nice, dirty and hot!  

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/june-2014/
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice.....I didn't finish last.....

I do not know if that is good or bad...
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Shooting from inside the truck was fun. It was probably my favorite stage, even with that dastardly polish plate rack.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Good times, bummed I didn't get to see any 1866 Winchester action though.

video
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

video
View Quote

You will.  The video is coming up for the Greasy Grass Creek anniversary on ForgottenWeapons.com.   (6/25)

I did not exactly do wonderfully on Stage 1 but rocked Stage 3.   This was expected with that fantastic buckhorn rear sight and going into this cold.

If I had played around with my elevation hold over on Stage 1 before shooting it I would have done much better but I just don't do that...I always just pick it up and use whatever the weird gun is for that match with really no prep.  

It's more interesting that way.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:24:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You will.  The video is coming up for the Greasy Grass Creek anniversary on ForgottenWeapons.com.   (7/25)

I did not exactly do wonderfully on Stage 1 but rocked Stage 3.   This was expected with that fantastic buckhorn rear sight and going into this cold.

If I had played around with my elevation hold over on Stage 1 before shooting it I would have done much better but I just don't do that...I always just pick it up and use whatever the weird gun is for that match with really no prep.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

video

You will.  The video is coming up for the Greasy Grass Creek anniversary on ForgottenWeapons.com.   (7/25)

pssst  pssst - Greasy grass was 6/25.

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:59:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Well we did not have a Winny 66 on our squad, but we did have a Winchester 1873 in 45LC.. Kevin kicked ass in the SPAM class and it was great to see him working that lever gun like a pro. Thanks for ANOTHER great match in Tucson. See you all next month.. God willing and the creek dont rise..
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

video

Yes, that was a typo.

Here's the Forgotten Weapon's article and video from the match:

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/battle-of-the-greasy-grass/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZIxezwmPEQ
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Reminder:

July's match is this Saturday, 7/19!

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Great match today.

Stages 2 & 3 were excellent and well done
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys, my brother shot today, told me some of ya said "hello".

Well hello right back at ya (Jake, Carl and Brad for sure   )

The last few years as been rough, that surgery I had messed me up and getting back in shape after led to a few injuries... stupid hardcoreness and all...

But the biggest deal, I got type 1 diabetes a few months ago...

Type 1, NOT type 2 (the fatty one).

I got the one where I stopped producing insulin, go fucking figure... So I have to take insulin and all and since it's only been a few months I haven't started lifting at all yet and need to figure out some insulins needs with working out etc etc. Lots of boring stuff I won't bore you with but it's shit I got to figure out now for something as simple as schooling you bitches with my irons  

I'll be out there a time or 2 when the weather cools down and I get my sugars and straight with working out...

Bill
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Looking forward to having you back Bill

Here is the video

Video

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
sig 556r?

Looks like the round in the coupled mag was creeping forward, and probs with that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
sig 556r?  

Looks like the round in the coupled mag was creeping forward, and probs with that?
View Quote

Yes Sig 556R, no it's not an issue because the rock and lock reloading pushes it back into place as the mag goes in
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Cool videos guys, thanks for posting
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looking forward to having you back Bill

Here is the video

Video

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Yes Sig 556R, no it's not an issue because the rock and lock reloading pushes it back into place as the mag goes in

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

sig 556r?  

Can I use two AK pistols with those braces on them, one strapped to each arm? That way I can just switch arms instead of reloading.

Think Eastern Block version of Robocop.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can I use two AK pistols with those braces on them, one strapped to each arm? That way I can just switch arms instead of reloading.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
sig 556r?  

One or more of those AK's will have to be pistol caliber for the close steel targets, would get expensive for you to have to pay for all the holes that would need repaired.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Reminder:

This month's match is on the 16th!

That's August 16th @ 9am.  Get there at 8:30 for squadding and signup.

NO SHOTGUN REQUIRED - EVER. In fact, please leave it at home...forever.

WOLF, SILVER BEAR, AND OTHER  CHEAP RUSKIE AMMO IS ALWAYS OK.
Leave your magnets at home!

(Please leave ACTUAL AP ammo at home. Stuff like M855 "green tip" and blacktip 30-06 actually does damage steel).

See our website for any questions, equipment concerns, rules or our FAQs:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Magnets! How do they work?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Shooting a K98k-Zf41 designated marksman rifle (replica scope&mount) this weekend.

How about you?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/ceramicgod/IMG_6031_zpscbff850e.jpg
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
One or more of those AK's will have to be pistol caliber for the close steel targets, would get expensive for you to have to pay for all the holes that would need repaired.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sig 556r?  

Micro Draco has a 6 inch barrel, it's probably similar to CorBon .357 from a 6 inch barrel.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:04:39 AM EDT
[#35]
100+degrees w/ 40% humidity today.

Woowee.  Thanks for coming, hope you enjoyed the stages.

Since quite  few of us will be out of town at Tiger Valley or the Pecos Run And Gun in September...

So don't forget that we'll have a guest match director with Aaron, he'll be running and designing the entire shindig for September.  Please help him out where possible.

Scores are up:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/august-2014/
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Fun match as usual.  The variance between the stages was well done.  I really liked stage 1 and 2.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#37]
NEXT MATCH:  SEPTEMBER 20TH, 2014

SPECIAL GUEST MATCH DIRECTOR AND STAGE DESIGNS FROM AARON THIS MONTH.

The normal MD crew will be out of town at Tiger Valley and the Peco Run and Gun this month so Aaron has agreed to run and design the Sept 2014 match entirely on his own.

Thank you, Aaron.

Please do your utmost to help reset and keep things running smoothly this month considering a bunch of us will be out of town.

Have fun and a great match this month!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Scores are up.

The miinor formattng issues will be dealt with Tuesday as i am doing this from an iPad...

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/september-2014/
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#39]
NEXT MATCH: October 18th!

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/

Walkthrough at 9am, get there at 8:30 for sign-in and prep.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Shooters this month may want to review this video to enhance the pleasure of their match experience this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfr5Cyi2xa8&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Shooters this month may want to review this video to enhance the pleasure of their match experience this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfr5Cyi2xa8&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

That is one sexy man playing Vanna White in that video
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Scores are up.

This was one of the harder matches in quite awhile with very good turn out - thank you for coming.  

Hopefully we'll see you all again next month!

Official scores:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/october-2014/

We ran the scores with and without stage 3 as we figured a subset of shooters would be interested in that tid bit.

Unofficial scores without stage 3:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/oct-14-no-stage-3/
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Scores are up.

This was one of the harder matches in quite awhile with very good turn out - thank you for coming.  

Hopefully we'll see you all again next month!

Official scores:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/october-2014/

We ran the scores with and without stage 3 as we figured a subset of shooters would be interested in that tid bit.

Unofficial scores without stage 3:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/oct-14-no-stage-3/
View Quote

This was one of the hardest match's to date.
Bring back the double spinner as often as possible.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Clearly people have gotten complacent as to what challenges can be expected at the match.  The double spinner is a challenging moving target that requires good marksmanship.  It is one of the only target systems that rewards using battle rifle cartridges or major power factor pistols.  Until we have armored drones that move around a course to shoot at, moving targets like the double spinner, Texas star, or polish plate rack are as good as it gets.  Consider it this way, if you can't track and hit a moving target representing an opponents head or vital area in the time the target is exposed to you, from a defensive stand point you need to work on speed and/or marksmanship.

The most disappointing thing was all the complaining about it and people that tried to game it by just engaging it and taking the penalty.  I'd expect that at a lot of other action matches, but not from this crowd that theoretically likes harder challenges.  I first encountered the double spinner 8 years ago at the Ironman 3 Gun.  I wasn't as good of a shooter then, and we all had to figure out how to do it on the clock. I and others dealt with it adapted and overcame.  This is a club level event, and the point of these matches is to practice, learn new skills, validate concepts and gear.  If you screw up there's always next month.  If you're obsessing about score that much go shoot some major matches...but expect to see challenges like this and things even harder.

The rifle double spinner was more difficult because of the prop we supported off of.

We need to get more targets at range, more close no shoots, and more small targets back into monthly stages.

Interestingly stage 4 really taxed a lot of peoples shooting skills with handguns at 20-25 yards.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Nice to see everyone again after 4+ years, and also meet some new people.

I think most of the complaining came from Princess, but despite that I had a good time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn I missed a good one.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Damn I missed a good one.  
View Quote

You missed one of the best match's in the history of 2GACMe.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Three people out of 47 that got it to spin.  One shooting battle rifle cartridge, one shooting a low mass system, and one who has done it a million times with a variable optic.  It was a tough stage and would have cost up to 44 shooters 180 seconds to not complete.

Only double taps got that thing moving with 5.56 and the shooting position was not ideal.  With the barricade and Aimpoint magnifier, I had so much movement, I was blocked by eye relief after every shot.  It probably would have been easier without the magnifier.  Part of shooting is assessing your equipment, your abilities, and the situation.  There was no minimum engagement time given (and even 10 rounds was a number we made up), so I did the minimum requirement and just took the penalty.  That's not the first time that's happened at a match, but I agree there was little effort on my first attempt after watching the video.  I thought I had more hits on it and shot a little slower than I did.  I agree with my first run being BS and was expecting to be told to stay longer for my 2nd run.

Historically, this match has been generally physical and CQB and people aren't coming out with typical 3 gun setups or battle rifle cartridges.  I do like that longer distances have been introduced since I've been away and obviously need work in that department.  

I also say bring it back, but allow shooters to choose their position, and have a minimum engagement time or bonus (or do the pistol portion first).  It was a good stage with some minor issues that affected the consistency across squads.  I've been showing up with a suppressed SBR for a long time and like the idea of taking my 3 gun-ish rifle back out and possibly using hotter, factory ammo.  

I did "complain" after the match that someone logged my stage 4 time 21 seconds faster than it was and I got them to correct it, dropping me down a few spots (it's been corrected.  Re-sort).  So no, I don't lose sleep over where I place.  I actually don't even look at my PRGC pistol scores anymore.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Everyone that has shot with us for awhile knows our vibe and frequently PCC is the most competitive category due to the nature of our match, however, this was a rare occurence where PCC was a significant liability in one stage.   PCC was an advantage on stage 1 and 4, though.    

Essentially, we'll never design stages to specific types of equipment and there will be times when you strike bingo and have the perfect setup and other times when you come you'll have the opposite situation.   I think that's part of what keeps us interesting and unique to other venues, personally.

I agree that the flaw in the stage was to not set a minimum engagement time on the first target thus solidifying the "escape clause" if you just weren't going to make it or had a weapon system that truly was ballistically incapable of success (we had one shooter with a PS90 & 5.7).

I don't know when we'll bring the double spinners out again but the lesson has been learned.   We'll set a 60 second par time on the spinner (pistol or rifle) and shooters who want to just not bother with it can just eat the 60 second penalty or they can give it the college try and give up after 60 seconds.   If we had done that with stage 3, it would have avoided any issues entirely.    Honestly, it was our first time running those targets ever and actually my first time ever engaging them with either a rifle or a pistol - I was a true newbie on those targets myself!

For these reasons we posted the scores with and without stage 3 for everyone to make their own call on which they prefer or just analyze them both and consider this month's match in its entirety.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I shot on 2x just to see it better after the paint shot off.  I was unable to double tap it because of the movement of the barricade.  Most of my misses were trying to double tap it, because the barricade moved too much for the second shot.  Problem solving on the clock, what I was doing that normally worked wasn't working. I rotated it by simply shooting up and down.  25 rounds fired about half of them hits,  Looking through the scope hunched over in position was neither comfortable or optimal, but doable.

.308 Is a liability for every other stage of this match.  Even with a double spinner I wouldn't take it to be competitive.  In the past two years I shot multiple matches there with both a scar h and a Windham weaponry .308.  Breaking into the top five was the best I ever did with them.

asu174 you could have rotated it if you wanted to, you were more than halfway there when I told you you could move on.

I do think that it should be done from the prone or a solid position next time.  Probably from sand bags rather than wobbly barricades.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top