Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2010 6:31:33 PM EDT
Have anyone ever removed duracoat from a barrel before? I received a Noveske barrel here on a trade, and it has a duracoat, or equivelant paint job on it. I don't like it and want to return it back to factory without doing too much damage to the barrel. Can anyone help in the Tucson area? Price quotes would greatly help.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:48:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 11bravo01:
Have anyone ever removed duracoat from a barrel before? I received a Noveske barrel here on a trade, and it has a duracoat, or equivelant paint job on it. I don't like it and want to return it back to factory without doing too much damage to the barrel. Can anyone help in the Tucson area? Price quotes would greatly help.

Search in the refinishing forum, there is a solvent available at Ace Hardware that'll remove duracoat quickly. I've done it several times, you wipe it on, wait 10 min and wipe the paint off.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:16:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 9:18:37 AM EDT by BK6]
Klean-Strip automotive paint remover is rumored to work. I've Klean-Strip products in the automotive section of Wal Mart.

I have no first hand experience so if you have good results, please follow up here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:50:42 AM EDT
What part of town are you on? I think I have some of the stuff left depending how much of an area you need to coat.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:47:55 AM EDT
Windex, BK6 - Either than feeling completely disorientated, nothing's worked so far. I've tried the Klean-Strip, but I've also tried Quick Strip and paint thinner on top of both. I think with the time and money I have invested so far, I could have simply paid for the bead blasting and completed the job so far. I appreciate the offer Windex, but after I'm done throwing up I'll just go and take it to my dealers and get it done once and for all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:01:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 11bravo01:
Windex, BK6 - Either than feeling completely disorientated, nothing's worked so far. I've tried the Klean-Strip, but I've also tried Quick Strip and paint thinner on top of both. I think with the time and money I have invested so far, I could have simply paid for the bead blasting and completed the job so far. I appreciate the offer Windex, but after I'm done throwing up I'll just go and take it to my dealers and get it done once and for all.

Alright, good luck

Btw, you are supposed to use the chemicals on the gun, not drink them
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:19:05 PM EDT
HA! I heard it made a great stool softener
Top Top