Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2010 9:05:56 AM EDT
Ok Obama says its the Muslims rights to build mosques and basically try and manipulate the country into some muslim based doctrine when somebody stands up and says ok thats fine I'm gonna burn some qurans the country goes crazy its his right as they would say so what's the problem. They burn our flags they burn our bible and
We are just suppose to take it, I'm glad some people won't and if I lived closer I would go down and be armed security for the event.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:39:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 10:56:48 AM EDT by EagleRiver]
I agree with the context you put that in! Lets see what they got and bring it on!

http://www.kxnet.com/getForumPost.asp?ArticleId=380780

After WW ll 5-Star General McArthur brought Christian leaders to meet with Emperor Hirohito and to bring Bibles. McArthur encouraged it.

Times are changing. Obamas administration just had Bibles (personal property from Americans sent as gifts) burned, and destroyed in Afghanistan under the orders of 4-star general Mike Mullen. Seems Al Jezera got wind of it and had them destroyed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 12:27:30 PM EDT by GONIF]
I'm thinking we sould not sink to thier level ,instead a few properly placed thermo nuclear devices woud end the problem .
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:32:27 PM EDT
as a rule im against book burning but being its the quran
everytime we bow to their demands or change our lifes so as not to offend them they see it as a win and a weakness to exploit.
its time we stop being so damn PC and let them get pissed really WTF is going to happen? nothing that wouldnt have happend anyways lets stop acting like were afraid of them.
fuck muhammad
fuck BHO
fuck being PC
ok Im done ranting
is it possible to roast a pig in a pit filled with burned copies of the quran?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:35:18 PM EDT
anyone have leads to a supplier for a bulk purchase of the book? an AZ based company would be good
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 1:11:44 PM EDT by GONIF]
I'm up for it if you guys want to do a 911 koran burning . I think the Saudis (wahobi) distribuit them free .
http://www.freekoran.com/
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:37:55 PM EDT
It's over ,canceled .
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/09/obama-calls-plan-burn-korans-stunt-urges-pastor/
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:48:27 PM EDT
Oops! God called off the book burning!

I'd rather burn the statute that doesn't allow women to be topless in public.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:03:24 PM EDT
Don't be a dick
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:13:24 PM EDT
Looks like the FBI was told by Obama to stop the koran burning to me . I wonder what they said to convince him ?
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hKWWJdTrfALpbYfWB6fM58p6u-pwD9I4I32G0

When the FBI speaks ,you better listen I guess .
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 5:02:05 PM EDT by FIGJAM]
Originally Posted By Mrmaigo:
Don't be a dick

Oh, sensitive. I suppose freedom only extends so far for some.

My bet is that he was reminded of his tax exempt status and perhaps an audit would be in order. Funny how God works. He speaks through the IRS. We got black Mormons that way.

Woo hoo! The burning is back on!

I hope he does it personally, but I'm betting he doesn't. I'll certainly be impressed if he doesn't knuckle under.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:11:31 PM EDT
I think I will get a few and burn them in my backyard on saturday. Anybody that wants to stop by have a few beers and join my new 9/11 ritual I think I will put it on you tube also. Some people need to meet alah and I got am express ticket for them..........
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:27:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FIGJAM:

Yeah, freedom extends right past the line of the other guy shooting you in the face. Getting shot in the face is a freedom we have, as is the shooting of faces. But that tends to be gameover. That's where "not being a dick" comes in.

We've spent the last 9 years killing the SHIT out of the people that shot us in the face. And really, that hurt, fuck em.
But this is asking for it. You're not just pouring gas on a bunch of books, you're pouring it on your self... and the rest of us.

The first time I heard of this, I thought it was some really STUPID joke. But wow... I struggle to explain how bad of an idea it is. It's mind numbing...
We're all pissed off here, and doing the "freedom dance" isn't freedom, that's stupidity.

When this makes things worse, you don't get to be self righteous.
And there's There are 1.6 BILLION Muslims, no one is going to win.

It's such a bad idea, it's giving me an aneurysm.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:15:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 7:21:42 PM EDT by FIGJAM]
Actually, murder is 40% free. Those aren't bad odds when you think about it. Isn't this country great!

You get that air conditioner working?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:27:03 PM EDT
buring things is a good way to say "fuck you" to whatever is represented by the thing your burning.

I have no problem with it at all and the argument that islam is a peaceful and that somehow burnign this fucking book will be the reason troops die and terrorism will continue is fucking ridiculous. If we don't burn that book the terrorist fuckers in that religion will not be any less inclined to kill non believers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:29:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By THUNDERSTICKJOHNSON:
I think I will get a few and burn them in my backyard on saturday. Anybody that wants to stop by have a few beers and join my new 9/11 ritual I think I will put it on you tube also. Some people need to meet alah and I got am express ticket for them..........

wrap them in bacon before you burn them and post links .

I expect there will be a lot of book burning in America this 9/11 and a whole lot of em on youtube. Im wondering if youtube will delete them even though they allow flag burning videos and such.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:37:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FIGJAM:

Yeah, freedom extends right past the line of the other guy shooting you in the face. Getting shot in the face is a freedom we have, as is the shooting of faces. But that tends to be gameover. That's where "not being a dick" comes in.

We've spent the last 9 years killing the SHIT out of the people that shot us in the face. And really, that hurt, fuck em.
But this is asking for it. You're not just pouring gas on a bunch of books, you're pouring it on your self... and the rest of us.

The first time I heard of this, I thought it was some really STUPID joke. But wow... I struggle to explain how bad of an idea it is. It's mind numbing...
We're all pissed off here, and doing the "freedom dance" isn't freedom, that's stupidity.

When this makes things worse, you don't get to be self righteous.
And there's There are 1.6 BILLION Muslims, no one is going to win.

It's such a bad idea, it's giving me an aneurysm.
die on your feet or live on your knees. I have no reason to want a koran burned because not EVER muslim is a terrorist BUT i think there is something deeper here. I think this is a challenge against the idea that americans must be politically correct and tolerate violent behavior from others. Threatening to kill us for burning your book while you chant death to america and then expecting us to jut take it with a smile forever is not going to fly.

Blaming people for giving them some fuck you symbolism when the muslims kill people in reaction is insane. Americans are insulted every day ad we tolerate it. If they are not willing to tolerate some expression then fuck em. I think it is more dangerous for people in America to be PC and pretend the growing world muslim population has peaceful intentions to coexist. It's better to poke them with a stick and show people what we are really dealing with before there are 3 BILLION of them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:57:05 PM EDT
... America is bowing to "intolerance" and political correctness whilst radical Islam is carrying on their charter
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:20:39 PM EDT
There's a differences between yelling "fuck 23% of the world" and "fuck this small group of evil shit heads"
How are we're not on our knees? We have people out there killing them, destroying their poppy fields and making them hide in caves.

People don't like us because we do blatantly STUPID things like this. And making more people want us dead... is really really stupid.
You just can't beat religion be being the bigger idiot. Historically, it's like invading Russia, it doesn't work. You kill them all or make them all look like Scientologists.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 8:45:07 PM EDT by victorgonzales]

There's a differences between yelling "fuck 23% of the world" and "fuck this small group of evil shit heads"
How are we're not on our knees? We have people out there killing them, destroying their poppy fields and making them hide in caves.

People don't like us because we do blatantly STUPID things like this. And making more people want us dead... is really really stupid.
You just can't beat religion be being the bigger idiot. Historically, it's like invading Russia, it doesn't work. You kill them all or make them all look like Scientologists.

People don't like us because we have more freedom and more money than they do. Islam doesn't like us because we stand in the way of their world domination. Calling us intolerant when we coexist IN THIS COUNTRY with the peaceful minority of their religion is how they get us to back down. The leadership and majority of that religion have no interest in coexisting with western values and life. Beiliving otherwise is a bit foolish and the only form of pandering that will get the bulk of muslims on our side is to allow them to hve sharia law inside the united states. Unfortunately for them we will NEVER allow them to set up that inside our borders and we will defend any country they try to force their ways on if asked.

So unless you want to live under an islamic republic of sharia law there is absolutely no amount of pandering and PC bullshit you can do that will make them stop killing non believers and targeting the USA.

Die on your feet or live on your knees. OR kick their fucking ass and make it clear we don't give two shits about how you would like is to treat islam.f.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

People don't like us because we have more freedom and more money than they do. Islam doesn't like us because we stand in the way of their world domination. Calling us intolerant when we coexist IN THIS COUNTRY with the peaceful minority of their religion is how they get us to back down. The leadership and majority of that religion have no interest in coexisting with western values and life. Beiliving otherwise is a bit foolish and the only form of pandering that will get the bulk of muslims on our side is to allow them to hve sharia law inside the united states. Unfortunately for them we will NEVER allow them to set up that inside our borders and we will defend any country they try to force their ways on if asked.

So unless you want to live under an islamic republic of sharia law there is absolutely no amount of pandering and PC bullshit you can do that will make them stop killing non believers and targeting the USA.

Die on your feet or live on your knees. OR kick their fucking ass and make it clear we don't give two shits about how you would like is to treat islam.

... Yes sir

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:52:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:46:32 AM EDT
When I very first heard about the kuran burning i thought "fucking red necks" but as soon as the first threat came in I was rallied with the red necks 100% of the way. You DON'T threaten America or anyone that lives inside it.

Radical islam's have tried to kill me personally on multiple occasions , but i made it back home safe thank god, and I know if I was overseas still right now and i heard about this I would say "burn the motherfuckers". Do you notice how in every article it says the troops will be threatened if the kurans are burned. That's such a fucking bullshit excuse the troops are already in trouble they are getting mortars and bullets fired at them and if they're lucky they won't hit an IED. The soldiers are overseas because they want to fight and they are trained professionals the liberal news networks needs to quit adding that statement in every article that this event might endanger them.

I like this little excerpt from Palin

Not just the Democratic administration has weighed in. Ex-Alaska governor and former Republican candidate for vice president Sarah Palin said in a Facebook post that although people have the constitutional right to burn the Quran, doing so would be an "insensitive and an unnecessary provocation — much like building a mosque at ground zero."

gotta love the sarcasm
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:24:07 AM EDT
if nothing is learned from history, good bad or indifferant..... its will always repeat itself...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:16:43 AM EDT
Funny how God works. He speaks through the IRS. We got black Mormons that way.

What does this mean? Seriously, I am not jumping into the argument, I am just curious what this refers to?

I may as well give my humble opinion while I am on here. I think that most people confuse the true purpose of the first amendment's actual protection which is only that you are free to speak without prohibitions from the government. It does not mean you are free to speak without any social or economic consequences from anyone.

When the Dixie Chicks slammed Bush and radio stations and fans protested, I heard all of these people talking about how their right to free speech was being infringed. Bullshit. I never once heard that Bush was sending the FBI or the IRS to harass them which would be a violation of their rights. They said something that offended pretty much all of their listeners and those people responded by exercising their own rights of expression by denouncing them. The first amendment was alive and well throughout that whole debate.

I am not a religious person but I do have a lot of respect for those of faith, and firmly believe that our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Anyone who says otherwise is ignoring historical fact. What is so frieking amazing about our country is that this is the case but I am still free to NOT be religious. I hate it when people pervert that in to meaning that the first amendment is supposed to be "freedom from religion" rather than it's original intention which was to allow you to practice or not practice your own religion as you wish. That means their may be a Christmas Tree celebrating the birth of Christ on the Whitehouse lawn and there is absolutely nothing unconstitutional about that unless the government tries to make everyone practice Christianity.

But even as a non-religious person, I am very leery about Islam because unlike how are country was founded, it seems a central tenant of Islam is to establish the religion as the law of the land. That scares the holy living crap out of me.

Now when it comes to burning things like Bibles and American Flags, I completely respect your right to do it but I do not respect your decision to do it. So I would never want the law to stop it but I am plenty happy to see you socially ostracized for making such a stupid decision to show so much disrespect to so many good people and desecrate items they hold sacred. Note here though that I would not condone those disrespected parties to respond with any sort of violence. Only peaceful and legal social and economic responses (take my business elsewhere, etc.)

That said, I also thing burning the Quran is a stupid idea but as soon as I hear that they are not supposed to do it because people might react with violence then I get a little more combative about the whole thing and kind of what them to do it. If a bunch of people start getting violent because a book is being burned doesn't it just make the point of the people doing the burning that Islam is a dangerous religion which tolerates no dissent? The exact concern that the Quran burners are trying the call out. You can burn a bible and we won't like it but we won't kill you because we are not animals. Shouldn't the same be true of burning a Quran?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:08:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 8:25:36 AM EDT by FIGJAM]
Oops.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:18:14 AM EDT
But to answer your question and this is purely a secular view. Prior to 1978, Mormon leaders forbid Blacks from holding the Mormon Priesthood. In 1978, due to mounting pressure from pending lawsuits concerning racism, Spencer W. Kimball suddenly received a revelation that Blacks could now enter the temple and hold the Mormon Priesthood. If the Mormon Church had not changed its views on Black people, it would have lost its Tax-Exempt 503(c) status - as pending litigation in several states in America was proceeding.

Today the Mormon Church flatly denies that it's revelation was based on loosing its Tax-Exempt 503(c) status - however a great deal of evidence exists showing that it did.

I was merely speculating on why the FBI was able to convince the pastor, reverend, minister, whatever he is, why it wasn't a good idea to burn books. As it turns out, my speculation was wrong. Sometimes, it's hard to know why religious people do the things they do.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:00:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 9:03:31 AM EDT by DSRV]
While I don't advocate the burning of books, especially religious text, I'm really losing my patience with the "religion of peace".

I posted this in response to a GD thread regarding the Quran as religious doctrine.

The more I learn
about Islam the more repulsed I feel. I have no desire to be tolerant of a faith that has brought so much death, destruction, torture, intolerance, and the murder of innocents into my living room.

Over the years I have witnessed many airliner hijackings; the cold blooded murder of American sailors and seen their bodies dumped from the plane to the tarmac; airplanes, filled with passengers, actually blown up on the runway; cruise ship passengers murdered and thrown overboard; airliners, again filled with innocent passengers blown from the sky, and others flown into the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon; the beheading of a journalist on live TV; the murder of burka-clad women in a soccer arena; a Muslim U.S. Army officer run amok on a killing spree and even the "honor killings" of young women in my own state and others. Thousands and thousands of innocent people brutally murdered, all in the name of Allah. And all without protest or voiced outrage from the "non-extremists".

Hmmm.

So much for a religion of peace.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DSRV:
While I don't advocate the burning of books, especially religious text, I'm really losing my patience with the "religion of peace".

I posted this in response to a GD thread regarding the Quran as religious doctrine.

The more I learn
about Islam the more repulsed I feel. I have no desire to be tolerant of a faith that has brought so much death, destruction, torture, intolerance, and the murder of innocents into my living room.

Over the years I have witnessed many airliner hijackings; the cold blooded murder of American sailors and seen their bodies dumped from the plane to the tarmac; airplanes, filled with passengers, actually blown up on the runway; cruise ship passengers murdered and thrown overboard; airliners, again filled with innocent passengers blown from the sky, and others flown into the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon; the beheading of a journalist on live TV; the murder of burka-clad women in a soccer arena; a Muslim U.S. Army officer run amok on a killing spree and even the "honor killings" of young women in my own state and others. Thousands and thousands of innocent people brutally murdered, all in the name of Allah. And all without protest or voiced outrage from the "non-extremists".

Hmmm.

yes very true, but the the cristians werent that tolerant during the crusades......either, but this is such a touchy subject!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:27:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By randeeak47:

The more I learn

Hmmm.

yes very true, but the the cristians werent that tolerant during the crusades......either, but this is such a touchy subject!

This is now the 21st century. They should join it. And if they're determined to continue their jihad in and against the U.S. or try to impose their will, then we're all in for increasing acts of terrorism and a growing resentment against those who commit or endorse the acts.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:51:26 AM EDT

The more I learn

Hmmm.

This is now the 21st century. They should join it. And if they're determined to continue their jihad in and against the U.S. or try to impose their will, then we're all in for increasing acts of terrorism and a growing resentment against those who commit or endorse the acts.

If you want Peace prepare for War.......
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:55:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 11:21:30 AM EDT by FIGJAM]
I'm wondering what would happen if I went into one of those hippy used book stores and requested all the Qurans they had. I'm wondering if they'd question why I wanted them. It's gonna be really nice in the desert tomorrow night. Might be fun to throw some in a fire and video tape it for posterity. I'm really looking forward to the YouTubes. I'll be shocked if there isn't a ton of copy cat fires for the hell of it. I'm wondering what YouTube will do as well.

Well, there's one on there now. Wonder if that'll change.

Oh, this is what they do:

The following content has been identified by the YouTube community as being potentially offensive or inappropriate. Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuMZyQwfyA4&skipcontrinter=1

Damn crazy kids! What are ya gonna do. It's a free country. Ya know, they don't actually burn the Koran in that video.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:10:52 PM EDT
I didn't join the USAF just to see this country get walked on all day long. We may be killing them, but it's not in numbers large enough to make a dent. Oh, and this should really piss some of you guys off....

Apparently this is no longer being called the GWOT (Global War On Terrorism), but rather a OCO (Overseas Contengency Operation). Was on the last few EPR's that ran across my desk, and will be on all future EPR's as well...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:38:12 PM EDT
Burning the koran (non-religious uncapitalized white boy spelling on purpose) highlights the hypocrisy of political correctness, and as such, is full of win.

So long as the Muslims fail to see the social implications of building a mosque near ground zero, kill girls for wanting an education, and exterminate those with religious views not in concurrence with their own, I find it acceptable for people to fail to recognize the feelings religious right (muslims, in this case), while exercising their constitutionally protected right to free speech.

I am an advocate for the school of thought, 'Just because you can, doesn't mean you should', but in this case, I say wrap the bitch in bacon and spark it up. Taste the freedom, bitchez!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:41:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By eodinert:
Burning the koran (non-religious uncapitalized white boy spelling on purpose) highlights the hypocrisy of political correctness, and as such, is full of win.

So long as the Muslims fail to see the social implications of building a mosque near ground zero, kill girls for wanting an education, and exterminate those with religious views not in concurrence with their own, I find it acceptable for people to fail to recognize the feelings religious right (muslims, in this case), while exercising their constitutionally protected right to free speech.

I am an advocate for the school of thought, 'Just because you can, doesn't mean you should', but in this case, I say wrap the bitch in bacon and spark it up. Taste the freedom, bitchez!

Amen......... but why waste good Bacon?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:32:37 PM EDT
Could Donald Trump be secretly setting the Ground Zero Mosque up for an eminent domain defeat?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2586500/posts

The Muslims will refuse, because the front company Islam setup for this conquest monument, Cordoba House, SPECIFICALLY chose this land after careful study because parts of the hijacked planes crashed through the Burlington Coat Factory that was standing on this site and caused the building to become available for sale. To build the Victory Mosque, they need land that was scarred on 9/11…and this property met that obligation.

Islam always builds a mosque on land that was conquered in a battle. Plane wreckage hitting a Burlington Coat Factory, to Islam, is like Americans planting flags on the moon or raising Old Glory over Iwo Jima.

They need land that is stained with blood, where they have "planted their flag”, for the Victory Mosque project to mean what Islam wants it to symbolize in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:39:35 PM EDT

We're kidding ourselves......right in to the next 'Crusades'.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:05:29 PM EDT

because it will piss them off more.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:40:38 AM EDT
Sooner or later we will have to deal with them , if we are preceived to be weak it will be worse for us . I say get mean and get even .
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:59:44 AM EDT
A lot of the blame for all the hoopla going on has to be shouldered by the media. Prior to them getting involved, who the hell ever heard of this man? No way a pastor of a 50-person church in Gainsville, Florida could have become the center of a worldwide assault on the Muslim religion without their help. I , for one....could care less. Burn it, don't burn it, but for Christs sake, do something and stick to it. The troops overseas are already there, they couldn't be in more danger is this guy burns a book. Maybe if they did all get assed up and come out for a fight, it would be easier to kill them. I just think that when it's done to the flag or a Bible, it's freedom of speesh. When it's on a Quran, it's imperialism run amock and were gonna be at war with a relinion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:28:19 AM EDT
What is it when you burn the Bhagavad Gita?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:47:30 PM EDT
This is just a bad idea for so many different reasons. You guys are on your own for this one AZHONKY
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:18:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

because it will piss them off more.

No I'm going to piss on it to try and put it out! If anybody has a line on one of these filth books hook me up have not been able to locate one cheap I will be damned if I'm going to pay for one. Would be awesome to get one from one of the guys over in that shitty sandbox.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:03:26 PM EDT
Wouldn't a burning Quran covered with bacon and steaming piss smell REALLY bad? Maybe some shredded tires and dog shit would help.

Originally Posted By devinsdad:
A lot of the blame for all the hoopla going on has to be shouldered by the media. Prior to them getting involved, who the hell ever heard of this man? No way a pastor of a 50-person church in Gainsville, Florida could have become the center of a worldwide assault on the Muslim religion without their help. I , for one....could care less. Burn it, don't burn it, but for Christs sake, do something and stick to it. The troops overseas are already there, they couldn't be in more danger is this guy burns a book. Maybe if they did all get assed up and come out for a fight, it would be easier to kill them. I just think that when it's done to the flag or a Bible, it's freedom of speesh. When it's on a Quran, it's imperialism run amock and were gonna be at war with a relinion.

I think we can blame the media for everything little thing that gets blown out of proportion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:39:11 PM EDT
In 02 I was in Bahrain, on a Bahraini base, loaned to us by Muslims to prosecute the GWOT and kill the fuckin Taliban. In 03, I was in Kuwait, on a Kuwaiti base, again loaned to us by Muslims so we could fuck up Saddam and his Ba'ath/Republican Guard asshats.

By all fucking means, lets burn some Korans so we never have to rely on Muslims again for their help in getting us really close to the fuckers we wanna kill. Thats fucking genius.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:37:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2010 8:41:43 PM EDT by GAS3987]

The more I learn

Hmmm.

The Crusades were a Christian response to a Muslim invasion. If Islam had remained peaceful and stayed as a friendly neighbor, the Christians would not have had to retaliate.

I have very mixed feelings on the proposed Quaran burning. I am a Christian growing and learning every day. I try to be respectful of others and never shove The Bible down anyone's throat, or bash another faith or lifestyle simply because it is different from what I know to be true.

But I learned a great deal about Islam on 9/11/01. As end of the anniversary draws near, I can still remember exactly where I was when the planes hit. Today, as a firefighter myself, I can feel for those who gave their lives that day. Thousands of innocents burned alive or lept to their depths to avoid the inferno. All this because a different faith and group of people could not handle our freedoms and liberties being more vast than their own.

They could have simply went about the proper channels and become legal citizens of our country and enjoyed the same benefits. But they chose the extremist route in the name of "Allah." Some "peaceful" Muslims have said that these are extremists that have warped the teachings of the Quran to suite their causes. But a book that someone can use as a justification for flying a passenger jet into a civilian sky scraper, is clearly a book that you have to wonder how real and good it truly is. To contrast briefly here with the Bible; when Christ came here, all he wanted us to do was love God and love and respect each other just the same.

As a country and as a people, if we have any hope of opposing the spread of Islam here, we need to stand firm on our opinions and demonstrations. Burning the Quaran was not meant to be an act of violence. It is a symbol of the opinion and feeling for the book and faith based on it. Burning the Quaran says that we do not agree and are not going to let them take over our country. The fact that this could "risk more violence" clearly indicates the violent nature of Islam. Islam claims to be peaceful, yes. But the peace is to come after everyone submits to it and believes the same. Then there will be no conflict. But I will not live to see this day, because I will absolutely not support a book of fairy tales when Christ, my (our) God has revealed to me over and over again His truths in this world and blessings in my life. Especially when He came here for us and gave His life to save us all. Sorry to say, but "Allah" has done no such thing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:03:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Orion67:
In 02 I was in Bahrain, on a Bahraini base, loaned to us by Muslims to prosecute the GWOT and kill the fuckin Taliban. In 03, I was in Kuwait, on a Kuwaiti base, again loaned to us by Muslims so we could fuck up Saddam and his Ba'ath/Republican Guard asshats.

By all fucking means, lets burn some Korans so we never have to rely on Muslims again for their help in getting us really close to the fuckers we wanna kill. Thats fucking genius.

10 years earlier I was in Kuwait. See a problem? Let's put this to an end like end those fuckers.....
Top Top