Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:53:45 PM EDT
You ever feel as though you are caught between a rock and a hard place? That is exactly how I feel right now. Yesterday, my family and I went back to California to visit our parents and friends. I am actually there right now as I right this.

Any how, coming down the 15 around Victorville I started getting angry again and wishing to turn the car around. I could sense the arrogance on the road and the libtard mentality as well. After seeing my family and friends, I started getting that light woozy feeling of homesickness; however, it wasn't for the area, but for family.

I love living in Flagstaff. The people are great and so is the city. I wish I could bring my family back to AZ, but they will never leave California. That is my problem. Hell, I ain't ever giving up my AR or AK for Commiefornia, but it sure is hard not being able to see family like I used to. I had to leave CA, or I was gonna have a nervous breakdown. To much of a rat race.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't Flagstaff a pretty lib area?  All those dykie tree hugging broads and such up there at NAU?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I know how you feel, I left the Seattle area about 12 years ago so my wife (now ex wife) could be closer to her family and especially her kids from a previous marriage.  I made the move in a fruitless attempt to keep my marriage intact.

Anyway, many times over the years I've considered moving back to Washington where all my friends and family are, but when I left the politics were getting more and more liberal (can you say "The Year of the Woman?") with libtards like Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell getting elected and it's getting worse and worse there by the year.  Like so many states, the biggest city rules the state's politics and Seattle is no different and Seattle is very liberal.  They'll have an AWB within the next few years.

Since then most of my family has moved to Arizona when they saw that I was going to stay here and some of the friends I miss have left Washington too.  And I've made some new friends here too.

So hang in there, moving back to a liberal area is not a good move if you're a shooter or a conservative.  Hopefully your family will see the light and even if they don't, it's not that far away that you can't visit once every few months.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Isn't Flagstaff a pretty lib area?  All those dykie tree hugging broads and such up there at NAU?

Yeah, you don't even know! It seems the libs just gravitate to the university and the downtown district. It is almost like there is an invisible barrier that when the libs cross it they look just like everyone else (except for the enviros who are just weird looking all the time). As soon as your within 60 feet of either the university or downtown there they are acting like the buffoons that they are.

Good thing the rest of the town is conservative or I don't think I could refrain from going ballistic!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Coconino County is not conservative.
I can't remember the last time a conservative, or even a republican, got 50%+1 of the votes.

I could neither live, nor work there.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#5]
He should move to CASHUN eh?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Ha:
At least there's no disguising their politics and loyalties there.
You know exactly what you got your sorry ass into.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top