Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:30:15 PM EDT
The Remington 1100 I use for 3-gun matches is worn out and I don't feel like working on it to bring it back, so I 've decided it's time for a new shotgun. I'm looking at the Benelli M2 with synthetic stock and 24" barrel. There can't be that many people selling them, so this is going to be short list. Who in the Phoenix area has the best deal on one?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:42:29 PM EDT
I'll start off by saying I'm not a competetive shooter nor do I remember the last time I've fired a shotgun. My shotgun is a pump action, so that may be part of what leads me to misconceptions about shotgun durability as well. I'm just confused and am looking to be enlightened here.

How do you wear one out? I understand high power rifles having things like throat erosion causing a measurable decrease in accuracy over time. A smooth bore shotgun seems like it would be immune to many of the "worn out" traits that rifles or pistols can exhibit. What traits do you recognize that suggest it's worn out?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 3:57:43 PM EDT by MP5_guy]
No problem with the barrel or anything like that. Mostly it's a few internal parts.... bolt won't lock back consistently anymore, and it's started having problem with failing to feed shells from the mag tube. The outside of the mag tube, where the gas piston rides, is showing a lot of wear. Basically, all of the "weak" spots of the 1100 design are giving me grief. Someday I'll fix it up and get it running again since it's probably less than $100 of parts, but just to get it to be a backup shotgun. Time for something different.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:37:02 AM EDT
Look into the "FN LINE". In order for the stocking dealers to get a Black PS90, they have to buy a 9 gun package which includes the shotguns. I have a feeling that some dealers will be wanting to move these guns at cost.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:09:24 PM EDT
The FN is a nice shotgun (Winchester SX2),

Fuck Benelli!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:47:05 PM EDT
So what do you like about your FN, and what is it that you hate aboue the Benelli?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:58:07 PM EDT

FNH USA
SHOTGUNS

FN SELF-LOADING POLICE SHOTGUN

The Fastest, Most Reliable Auto-Loading Shotgun Ever Made.
The FN Self-Loading Police Shotgun offers the soft-recoil and reliability of a gas-operated auto-loading action. Standard features include a M1913 rail with precision front and rear ghost ring sighting system. Rear ghost ring sight is removable for the use of optics. Incorporates the Invector™ choke system (cylinder and improved chokes) for accurate performance with rifled slugs when needed. Comes standard with two gas pistons (heavy and light loads) for optimum performance in payload delivery. Corrosion resistant finish (manganese phosphate on steel components for added durability).

Product #: 3088929010

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 11:40:37 PM EDT by SinistralRifleman]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:18:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:14:58 AM EDT
Did you get a new shotgun?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:23:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 2:24:25 PM EDT by nobody-really]

Originally Posted By MP5_guy:
So what do you like about your FN, and what is it that you hate aboue the Benelli?

The FN is just a nice short shotgun (18 inch barrel). It's fast shot ot shot and has a nice rail mounted on top. I'll say what I don't like about it though and that is the stock is a bit long. when I compare it to my 870 police with a speedfeed stock it just feels like the gun is too far away from me, add armor and it's too much. But I also have not tryed too hard to fix it.

My beef with Benelli, they are dealer direct so small dealers can't get them. If they don't want to do business with the little guy then fuck'em.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:34:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By double_wielder:
Did you get a new shotgun?

No, not yet. Been busy at work, and I'm going out of town this weekend. When I get back, I'll be out with my checkbook.
Top Top