Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:10:58 PM EDT

Hey all,

Here's the deal.  A friend here (Beth, neighbor type person)  Has 1000 rounds of .223 American Eagle FMJBT 55gr. ammo, reloadable brass cased, of course.  She picked it up for someone else, as a last minute favor, and supposedly it was the wrong stuff or something and is now stuck with it as the other person doesn't want it.

She tried to just return it (scottsdale gun club, I think)  and they said it was too long, and wouldn't do anything for her at all.

She paid she thinks (doesn't really remember) $140 per 500 rounds..... So she's in the hole just under 300 bucks, including taxes.  

She has no use for it, and I just can't afford to buy it off her.....  She really needs to recoup as much as she possibly can, as she aint rich either, and kinda needs the money

Anyone here interested in helping out and making an offer ?  She realizes, as do I, that she probably will never get what she paid for it.  Any reasonable offers will be considered, since she's short on cash.

I told her I'd post about it , being we almost all shoot .223/5.56 here.  I'd have just bought it off of her, but I honestly don't have the money.  I'm trying to save up so I can afford my own apartment and I just can't come up with that kind of loot, much less justify it, right now  

If anyone is interested in helping out, please IM me here, or email me at jb69arfcom (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks a bunch,

John
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
IM Sent
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone hear anything yet?

I bid $220, but told him to feel free to take a higher amount with no hard feelings!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys..... Sorry I didn't reply sooner, just got home, been out all day dealing with doctor BS.

Going to read IM's right now.  I'll be back in a little bit.

Thanks

John

ETA:  I wont name names, but I got an IM offering pretty much what she paid for it.  DAMNED thoughtful of the guy...  It'll really help her out a lot.  So, unless something happens, I think it's sold.....

Thanks a LOT to all of you who offered !  She'll be really happy when she finds out this evening.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I got $10.00 what will that get me?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hang on, lemme go ask the crackhead walking down the street if her scabs have dried up yet  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hang on, lemme go ask the crackhead walking down the street if her scabs have dried up yet

That's funny right there I dont care who you are.

IBSSTBIEE

In before someone says this belongs in EE.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's funny right there I dont care who you are.

IBSSTBIEE

In before someone says this belongs in EE.

too late, done deal....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Maybe some 5.7?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe some 5.7?

a ten will get me 1/2 a box.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool.

She bought it for me, but Scottsdale Gun Club fucked her.  First, it was supposed to be 5.45x39, not .223.  When she called me and said, "do you want this for $140 per case?" I said well hell yeah I do!  SGC calls 500 rounds a case, not 1,000, which is bullshit.  In the 5,000 or 6,000 times I've bought ammo, a case was a thousand rounds.  

So she brings me this ammo and I'm like WTF?  What am I supposed to do with .223 boat tail ammo?  Then she tells me she paid $280 for it, because I wanted 1,000 rounds.  I even talked to the guy at SGC and TOLD him 5.45 @ 1,000 rounds - $140 he says.  

Anyway, I told Beth we got ripped off and to return it.  Unfortunately, she didn't have time, and it was 3 weeks later when she tried to return it, but didn't have the receipt.   I thought she returned it the day I told her to.  OOOPS.  

I talked with her last night and told her that any money she didn't get from the sale I'd make up to her - I'm still hurting after this whole account hacking thing, so it'll be a while, but it was a favor for me and it's not fair she incurs a loss.  Here she was trying to do me a big favor, and the assholes down there sold her the WRONG ammo at TWICE what the shit is worth.  I am pissed.

After tax, 1,000 rounds of the ammo was a little over $300.  Fuckers.  So whatever it sold for here, I'm giving her the rest of the money so she doesn't lose anything.  Thanks to everyone willing to help out!

I'm not down with distributor bashing, but if anyone here from Scottsdale Gun Club is reading, tell that worthless POS that sold her the ammo to FOAD.  SGC is the stereotypical mechanic that sees a woman who doesn't know shit about what they need and takes them to the cleaners.  I am fucking LIVID.  Beth and I got completely FUCKED.  How the hell do you mistake .223 for 5.45?  

In all fairness, it was not Beth's fault.  I should have got in her truck and gone myself - she doesn't know the difference in the ammo, or what current pricing is.  I thought the guys down there would treat her right, especially after talking to me over the phone and telling them exactly what I needed.  She's trying to do me a favor, and was dealt a shitty hand.  At least, IMO she was.  Now I have to give her money just to make sure she doesn't lose money from the favor.  Sheesh.

Again, thanks to all of you who helped out - especially you, John, for posting this for her.  I was going to wait and go down to SGC myself and give them a piece of my mind, but I suppose it's better this way.  

28 cents a round before tax for .223?  Have any of you ever seen it cost that much before?  Is this possibly the going price?      
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Cool.

She bought it for me, but Scottsdale Gun Club fucked her.  First, it was supposed to be 5.45x39, not .223.  When she called me and said, "do you want this for $140 per case?" I said well hell yeah I do!  SGC calls 500 rounds a case, not 1,000, which is bullshit.  In the 5,000 or 6,000 times I've bought ammo, a case was a thousand rounds.  

So she brings me this ammo and I'm like WTF?  What am I supposed to do with .223 boat tail ammo?  Then she tells me she paid $280 for it, because I wanted 1,000 rounds.  I even talked to the guy at SGC and TOLD him 5.45 @ 1,000 rounds - $140 he says.  

Anyway, I told Beth we got ripped off and to return it.  Unfortunately, she didn't have time, and it was 3 weeks later when she tried to return it, but didn't have the receipt.   I thought she returned it the day I told her to.  OOOPS.  

I talked with her last night and told her that any money she didn't get from the sale I'd make up to her - I'm still hurting after this whole account hacking thing, so it'll be a while, but it was a favor for me and it's not fair she incurs a loss.  Here she was trying to do me a big favor, and the assholes down there sold her the WRONG ammo at TWICE what the shit is worth.  I am pissed.

After tax, 1,000 rounds of the ammo was a little over $300.  Fuckers.  So whatever it sold for here, I'm giving her the rest of the money so she doesn't lose anything.  Thanks to everyone willing to help out!

I'm not down with distributor bashing, but if anyone here from Scottsdale Gun Club is reading, tell that worthless POS that sold her the ammo to FOAD.  SGC is the stereotypical mechanic that sees a woman who doesn't know shit about what they need and takes them to the cleaners.  I am fucking LIVID.  Beth and I got completely FUCKED.  How the hell do you mistake .223 for 5.45?  

In all fairness, it was not Beth's fault.  I should have got in her truck and gone myself - she doesn't know the difference in the ammo, or what current pricing is.  I thought the guys down there would treat her right, especially after talking to me over the phone and telling them exactly what I needed.  She's trying to do me a favor, and was dealt a shitty hand.  At least, IMO she was.  Now I have to give her money just to make sure she doesn't lose money from the favor.  Sheesh.

Again, thanks to all of you who helped out - especially you, John, for posting this for her.  I was going to wait and go down to SGC myself and give them a piece of my mind, but I suppose it's better this way.  

28 cents a round before tax for .223?  Have any of you ever seen it cost that much before?  Is this possibly the going price?      

Moral of the story is, "never send a woman to do a mans job.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Ahhh, the Scottsadale Gun Club....

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Amen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top