Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:32:24 PM EDT
I am currently 18 years old, and I'm looking to aquire a glock 23 for home defense, and range use. While I'm aware federal law requires you to be 21 to purchase from an FFL Dealer, am I correct that I may purchase from a (local) non FFL Dealer, and have it be legal? If so, where would I look to make the private transaction? Would it be legal to have a friend that is over 21 buy it for me?

Thank you,

-Mike
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:50:17 PM EDT
Here is my take on it and I may be wrong. You can have a pistol at 18 IF YOU BUY IT! You can not buy it from an FFL but can from a private party. Having a friend buy it for you would be a "Straw" Purchase and Illegal. Keep an eye out here on the EE, the AZ Republic, Gunshows and other local websites.......
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:53:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DextroShadow:
I am currently 18 years old, and I'm looking to aquire a glock 23 for home defense, and range use. While I'm aware federal law requires you to be 21 to purchase from an FFL Dealer, am I correct that I may purchase from a (local) non FFL Dealer, and have it be legal? If so, where would I look to make the private transaction? Would it be legal to have a friend that is over 21 buy it for me?

Thank you,

-Mike

Don't have a friend buy for you. Technically that's a straw purchase and is illegal. If you must buy from a dealer, have one of your parents do it and give the gun to you as a gift. At 18 you can buy from a private party. Check the newspapers and the classified section over at Arizona Shooting for people selling handguns.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:58:17 PM EDT
I see. Thank you. I don't wanna break the law :/
Top Top