Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:02:42 AM EDT
Looking to buy my 1st home now that the 2004-2005 madness has died down. Does anyone have a recommendation for a mortgage broker who's familiar with the pros and cons of traditional loans vs VA loans?

Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:21:49 AM EDT
my parents are going to be getting a place with a VA loan but have had a hard time getting good info from the VA, and finding someone who works with VA loans. If you find someone you like let me know...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:31:09 PM EDT
I sent an email to you. I hope it helps.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:10:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 5:28:23 PM EDT by the1_roadrunner]
This guy is excellent. Did my mortgage for me. What makes him different is he will take the time to explore all your options, then present them to you explaining all the pros and cons. He's also a close friend, so I can speak for his character as well. He's staight up. --RR
Jim Buchanan
480-704-0404
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:16:34 PM EDT
A couple of my friends were able to make out better with the FHA loan than with the VA loan. They are saving their VA loans for their second purchase. Not everyone will experience the same results.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:07:18 AM EDT
yeah ... this whole business is confusing!

Thanks all for the recommendations
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:14:54 AM EDT
I used my VA thru these guys and they came to my home and was very helpful
Here is their website.
http://www.everhomemortgage.com/
By the way you get to use the VA loan as many times as you want but you can only have one outstanding loan at one time. Good luck. Make sure they go to the VA ahead of time and get their verification thats what takes the longest time.

Good luck
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:51:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tfod:
A couple of my friends were able to make out better with the FHA loan than with the VA loan. They are saving their VA loans for their second purchase. Not everyone will experience the same results.

I thought you couldnt use a VA loan for a second residence? You had to live in the home year round?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:52:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JI603:
Looking to buy my 1st home now that the 2004-2005 madness has died down. Does anyone have a recommendation for a mortgage broker who's familiar with the pros and cons of traditional loans vs VA loans?

Much appreciated.

1.) the market hasnt died, just not as hectic as it was.

2.) good luck finding anyone willing to work with a VA loan considering the market right now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT
If/ when they move they won't have to be out of the VA loan to enter the next. They don't have to mess with it because the grants that came with their loan gave them a better loan.

This might not be true for everyone, but I know a few vets who were better off with this route.
Top Top