Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 8:43:08 AM EDT
I have been invited to a coyote hunt with Genesis 13.  This is my first ever hunt except for rabbit, dove, and quail, and I really want to go BADLY!!!!

My problem is that I don't own a scoped rifle

I was wondering if any of you fine people would loan me one for the weekend?  I can put any of my guns up for collateral, except my carry piece, including my prized Garand.  Or give you a cash deposit.  DL copies, anything you need.  And it doesn't really matter what caliber, as long as it can take a 'yote at 250 yards without injuring the animal with a bad shot like open sights would be prone to.  Obviously I'll buy whatever ammo you want fed through her, and she'll have, what?  Maybe 5 shots max out of her sans the sighting in I need to do for my cheek weld?

It will be returned to you perfectly cleaned, undamaged, and with a BIG I owe you one!  My only rifles are Mausers, an AK, an SKS, and a Garand and a 22.  I don't want to tap any of those for a scope, and I can't afford to replace my 270 right now.  

I promise you she'll not get a scratch.  Help a man go on his first hunting trip please?   The favor will NOT be forgotten!  Please?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean something like this?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You mean something like this?
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=19372&iGalleryUnq=574&iImageUnq=11179

Well, yeah.  As much as I ABHOR borrowing anything, any possible way you'd part with her for just one weekend so I can take my first coyote?  I would be ETERNALLY grateful and can make it up to you somehow.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll bring it Wednsday and we'll dial it in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Richard

Wanna borrow my 6mm?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Richard

Wanna borrow my 6mm?

Thanks bro!  I think Gunslinger has me squared away, but I'd be interested in shooting the 6, as I never have before.

Thank you again, bro.  It takes a LOT of trust to loan a man a weapon, so I don't take it lightly.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Richard

Wanna borrow my 6mm?

Thanks bro!  I think Gunslinger has me squared away, but I'd be interested in shooting the 6, as I never have before.

Thank you again, bro.  It takes a LOT of trust to loan a man a weapon, so I don't take it lightly.  

you don't know how many times I started to post then closed it
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd loan mine BUT I want a chance to Whack a Yote also........ Can't really take turns with a rifle on a Hunt....

Only REAL Friends will Loan Friends Firearms!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Richard

Wanna borrow my 6mm?

you don't know how many times I started to post then closed it

I can imagine bro.  So again, thank you very much!  I am very trustworthy and responsible, and I very very very rarely borrow anything.  But this time I had to swallow the pride and admit I had a need.  And there are more than a few people here I'd loan my guns to no questions asked, GS808 and Genesis13 being two of my closest friends and welcome to anything they could ever ask for.  

But I know for a fact it took a lot of trust to offer that to me, who you've never met.  That's not something I'm going to forget.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#9]
PSSSSSSSSST..... Richard, Huntsman was at the Big BBQ... I guess you had a Beer or two that night and there where a few people there...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
PSSSSSSSSST..... Richard, Huntsman was at the Big BBQ... I guess you had a Beer or two that night and there where a few people there...

LOL, that's true!  I do remember him being there, but meeting someone one time for a few hours isn't really knowing them, so it still took balls for him to offer and I respect the hell out of that.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LOL, that's true!  I do remember him being there, but meeting someone one time for a few hours isn't really knowing them, so it still took balls for him to offer and I respect the hell out of that.  

OK, OK...... But the question still remains....... Will you be the Mother of my Baby
J/K!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, OK...... But the question still remains....... Will you be the Mother of my Baby

J/K!!!!!

Don't tease me you slut!  I'll Red Goat your ass so fast your colon will get a speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/K!!!!!

Don't tease me you slut!  I'll Red Goat your ass so fast your colon will get a speeding ticket.

That will rank fairly high on SIGLINE of the year.

( I would have invited myself along, with a list of weapons to choose from, and require a promise to leave scratches on it when returned. )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top