Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 3:35:32 AM EDT
Saw this on Craig's list, and I know a few of you have horse property.  Figured what the hell...  I'd throw it out here

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-02-25, 3:01PM MST

OL CASEY IS A BIG 28 YEAR OLD SORREL GELDING ,EX-ROPING HORSE AND VERY GENTEL ,HE WOULD MAKE A GREAT BACK YARD PET (BIG BACK YARD). NEEDS A GOOD HOME , I'M MOVING AND REALLY DON'T WANT TO RE-LOCATE HIM TO WHERE I'M GOING .I MAY BE WILLING TO DELIVER HIM DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE . THANKS ,GENE @ 602-617-1912

this is in or around CHANDLER

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish i had horse property.   And the money for the upkeep of the horse.  our little girl would love it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too bro.  God, how I ever miss riding!  But the upkeep is damn expensive
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Me too bro.  God, how I ever miss riding!  But the upkeep is damn expensive

It is, it is.

Horses were a great way to score a date back in the day
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
How do they taste?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How do they taste?

Kinda like chicken if you boil em, more like seal if you BBQ em  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Was watching Iron Chef a few weeks back and one of the chef's took out this long strand of what looked like fat. They said it's the fat that is down the mane area of a horse... I guess it's used widely in Japan. But this horse is 28. Everyone knows 28 year olds are no longer edible!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#7]
HOw much land does an old horse need? I have an acre in the desert. (Not fenced, just wondering if it would be possible in the future?)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HOw much land does an old horse need? I have an acre in the desert. (Not fenced, just wondering if it would be possible in the future?)

An acre is plenty, to the best of my knowledge.  Horses are meant to roam, but everyone I know compares their needs to that of a dog, just bigger.  

At 28, though, this horse isn't going too far too fast.

If someone would give me a place to keep him, I'd take him no problem.  At 28 he can't even sire, but he'd be a loyal friend like all horses are.  I'd keep him just to make certain he was comfortable in his little time left - and that time is EXACTLY why he wouldn't be a good kid's horse, riding horse, or "family pet."  Horses that age require a great deal of grooming and care, and that is ALOT of effort and money.

But a good horse is a great companion, and I'd give my left nut to have one if I could afford it  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do they taste?

Kinda like chicken if you boil em, more like seal if you BBQ em  

Do you have any recipes that you could let me have? I'm looking for a new way to cook my goats and horses.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Look for a Kazak cookbook.  They are some horse eatin' fools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top