Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 4:21:31 PM EDT
Hey all-

I've been lucky enough to recieve an opportunity to interview at Honeywell on Thrusday.

It's at the Tempe location, Priest and Warner Rd.

Trouble is, I'd like to do some research about the company before I go in...

And I cannot seem to find out what they do!  I know the job is dealing with pneumative valves, but beyond that, I'm out of info.  It's for a process/product engineer position.

Anyone know what they do there?

Thanks!!

Erik
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea what they do there, but I worked for Honeywell before my current job, and I think they are a great company.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
... Just a hint: Fortune 500 companies are absolutely ANAL about spelling and grammar

Hey all-

I've been lucky enough to recieve an opportunity to interview at Honeywell on Thrusday.

It's at the Tempe location, Priest and Warner Rd.

Trouble is, I'd like to do some research about the company before I go in...

And I cannot seem to find out what they do! I know the job is dealing with pneumative valves, but beyond that, I'm out of info. It's for a process/product engineer position.

Anyone know what they do there?

Thanks!!

Erik

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you try Honeywell.com

Honeywell

www.macraesbluebook.com/
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
... Just a hint: Fortune 500 companies are absolutely ANAL about spelling and grammar

Man, nailed me in two spots!   :)

Erik
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Since the reorganization within Honeywell the Tempe facility, I believe, is now under the Aerospace division.  The facility does R&D and testing for valves of all types (ie. pneumatic, hydraulic), mostly for planes and submarines.

Not to sound negative but before the "merger" with Allied-Signal, Honeywell was a decent place to work.  Now there are high turnover rates and lingering layoffs always on the horizon.  I haven't worked there for several years but I have a couple friends and a finace who are still there.  If you have any questions I could try to get some answers for you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
One of our buyers worked there several years. I have chatted lightly with her about her former job, but aside from the part that she bought for that division I can't provide much info, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The site used to be a manufacturing/assembly site of valves. They also test valves that are built by outside vendors. Most of the manufacturing is gone, assembly and test remain.

Engineering roles will consist of checking out of spec hardware, figuring out by there might be high failure rates in certain valves/applications, R&D etc. You will have close contact with the mechanics, management and enigineering from the vendors that provide parts.

Hope this helped, send me an IM if you want. That was the first HON site I worked at.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Since the reorganization within Honeywell the Tempe facility, I believe, is now under the Aerospace division.  The facility does R&D and testing for valves of all types (ie. pneumatic, hydraulic), mostly for planes and submarines.

Not to sound negative but before the "merger" with Allied-Signal, Honeywell was a decent place to work.  Now there are high turnover rates and lingering layoffs always on the horizon.  I haven't worked there for several years but I have a couple friends and a finace who are still there.  If you have any questions I could try to get some answers for you.

My Brother in Law works there.  He works on the SM-3 program.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Run away far far away.  My father started with Bendix and they mereged with Allied-Signal, after the Honeywell mereger things changed for the worse.  He was then out sorced to AT&T and it went from FUBAR to TARFU.  He has sinced retired.  What friends he still has there are looking to get out.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I work for them now. Find some place else! HONEYWELL sucks and is getting worse. Outsourcing of jobs, big time. I am looking else where as we speak. My .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top