Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 1:52:35 PM EDT
Hi guys,
I'll be coming out to AZ with some other UK Arfcommers on 14th march for 2 weeks fun and shooting etc etc.
Unfortunately our itinerary is pretty much full but if possible we'd like to meet up one night and drink you guys under the table

Mark
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Lock up your daughters,
lock up your wives,
lock up your guns and ammo,
and run for your lives.

The Brits are coming.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Another chance to show off my Enfield No 5. Mk. 1 ??????
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
  Fair warning: We ran you Brits off before and we'll do it again !!    (I'll just have to rely on the guys in AZ to do it ...)

Have a good time Gentlemen and stay out of the Brothels, they are way too much fun !!!

Wish I could make it Mark ! If you blokes weren't yellow as mustard you sissies would be coming to Detroit !!

Stevio-rooski
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:37:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Set a date, a place, and a time, bro!  I'll be there!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
  Fair warning: We ran you Brits off before and we'll do it again !!    (I'll just have to rely on the guys in AZ to do it ...)

Have a good time Gentlemen and stay out of the Brothels, they are way too much fun !!!

Wish I could make it Mark ! If you blokes weren't yellow as mustard you sissies would be coming to Detroit !!

Stevio-rooski

Detroit?? I thought you were in Vegas.

Anyhow, thanks for that ARMS mount you sent me waaaaayyyyy back

Mark
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:20:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in!  A good time will be had by all!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And there was me thinking you were going to tell me Arizona was full

Looks like I'm going to have to start making some plans.
We'll be staying in Mesa for the most part except for a couple of days when we'll be in N.Phoenix as it'll be more convenient to Ben Avery.

We're shooting the AZ Regionals btw

Mark
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]
hrmm.. if im free that night.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And there was me thinking you were going to tell me Arizona was full

Looks like I'm going to have to start making some plans.
We'll be staying in Mesa for the most part except for a couple of days when we'll be in N.Phoenix as it'll be more convenient to Ben Avery.

We're shooting the AZ Regionals btw

Mark

We welcome you only because your stay will be considerably shorter than that of the average snow bird.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

We welcome you only because your stay will be considerably shorter than that of the average snow bird.

Exactamundo!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't worry, we will only be staying long enough to subsidise your local economy for 2 weeks and give you all our money.

Mark
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Stevio-rooski

We'd never have enough fire-power to make it out of Detroit, some serious FIBUA (MOUT) training may be required - I've seent he movies
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Uh huh...    I'm thinking we should pass on the Fox & Hound and hit up the Tilted Kilt.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh huh...    I'm thinking we should pass on the Fox & Hound and hit up the Tilted Kilt.

Or George and Dragon?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Now wait; these blokes can get to a pub any night in Britain and after they travel 3,000 miles you want to meet them in a pub??? How about dragging them into a country & weastern bar (unless they are previewing Brokeback Mountain!!!) or a sports bar? Something quintessientally American....! Maybe a biker bar?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys, years and years ago in Berlin (60-62) I spent two months exchange with the Green Jackets.  Any of you guys serve in that unit?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Now wait; these blokes can get to a pub any night in Britain and after they travel 3,000 miles you want to meet them in a pub??? How about dragging them into a country & weastern bar (unless they are previewing Brokeback Mountain!!!) or a sports bar? Something quintessientally American....! Maybe a biker bar?  

im thinkin something over in AJ. :-D
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

im thinkin something over in AJ. :-D

Actually, he makes a good point.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You're right about that except for one thing....it's 5280 miles.
I did go into a sports bar once, Famous Sam's in Flagstaff.
And on Karaoke night of all nights

Anyhow I'm not going into a biker bar, especially if it's like the Blue Oyster Club

But as everything seems to be getting an American flavour here in Britain, then maybe a British style pub in AZ isn't such a bad idea, especially if they have Guinness and some good ales on tap.

Can anyone make any recommendations???

oh btw, I need a source for cheap 5.56 and 9mm too

Mark
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Anyhow I'm not going into a biker bar, especially if it's like the Blue Oyster Club

A true CLASSIC! We always wistle that song when we see a fr00t cake out and about!

I'll suggest George and Dragon again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A true CLASSIC! We always wistle that song when we see a fr00t cake out and about!

I'll suggest George and Dragon again.

Address??
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#23]
It's gonna be the mother of all get-togethers.

Beware the Ides of March (thanks for the reminder, Wally), we'll have rested by then and be fully beer-drinking, football-hooligan bad!
But still waking up at 4am wondering where the day went and falling asleep by mid afternoon, so I doubt we'll be able to drink you all under the table.

Matt
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Just boozing?  What the hey, just remember that our beer is served properly-- COLD!    Seriously though, sounds good to me!

If any shooting is to be done, give a holler.  I'll bring an Uzi and some ammo.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Free-up a Friday or Saturday night and you can come ride along with the Popo if you want.  I'll need to know what size armor you want tho.

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Pre-ban, you're on,

And SheepDog_556, HELL, YES! Make mine a large (42")

I may have to change my sigline, Az's moving up
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Once again, your American, and in this instance, Arizonan generosity humbles me.
On my/our previous trips to your state, in '01 and '03 we have been treated with nothing but kindness and as said previously.....generosity.

We've had some really great experiences and done some stuff that probably even some of you guys haven't.
Shot '60's and Saw's with the Guard. Flown the Cobra sim at Marana, been invited out with the Border patrol (still waiting to take that one up), been lent all sorts of toys and generally had some real great times.

I love AZ and the times I've spent there. and look forward to spending another couple of weeks there in a fortnights time.

Thanks for the kind offers and I'd really like to take you up on them.

SheepDog_556 if this is a genuine offer...and I believe i is..thankyou.  I'm a 46" chest and 6'1" if that helps.

I just wish we had more time.

No doubt you'll all be hearing more from us in the next couple of weeks

Mark
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Just boozing?  What the hey, just remember that our beer is served properly-- COLD!    Seriously though, sounds good to me!

If any shooting is to be done, give a holler.  I'll bring an Uzi and some ammo.

Mike

You bring the Uzi and I'll bring ammo AND Tannerite

hmmmm... 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp, 5.56x45, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, .303, ... it's all good

Can't wait to meet my cousins in person !!!

To our UK brethren

Wally
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah the last couple of trips were excellent.

As Mark was saying your kindness and hospitality can't be beaten or bettered, can't wait to get out there and meet up with you boys for the shooting, the crack (conversation) and some cold, cold beers (as long as its not that pisswater "budweiser" ............true!).

SheepDog_556 make mine a 45" chest.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#31]
If we get a shoot scheduled, we can plan on Bumpfiring a PS90 and blowing off illegal fireworks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If we get a shoot scheduled, we can plan on Bumpfiring a PS90 and blowing off illegal fireworks!

You supplying the fireworks?

As for the PS90 I hear you cant bump fire it.

How about the "T-Bone Steak House" up on South Mountain?  19th Ave and south of Baseline.  IMHO the best dang steak house in the valley...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Yeah the last couple of trips were excellent.

As Mark was saying your kindness and hospitality can't be beaten or bettered, can't wait to get out there and meet up with you boys for the shooting, the crack (conversation) and some cold, cold beers (as long as its not that pisswater "budweiser" ............true!).

SheepDog_556 make mine a 45" chest.

Dave

"Bud Is No Wiser"...Such disgusting Piss !!!

Yet, any American BEER...Must Be COLD...

Oh...what the hell... Need not be beer...I prefer Single Malt Scotch...

Wally

Semper Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top