Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 11:34:07 AM EDT
New to the area, but I want to know what is the main paper here. I'd like to look for stuff in the classifieds including guns and real estate, etc...

Maybe even list some things.

I live in Surprise if that makes any difference.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish  we had a good paper. The Arizona Repulsive is  the bastion of illegal loving. wealth redistributing,  any growth is good, confused neo-Marxists. The "news" portion is mostly the collecting and reprinting of AP and USA Today stories.  The classifieds basically suck, havng the holy hell kicked out of them by the web. Overpriced and under read... Save your money and read it  and the classifieds free online if you must.   Current real estate listings are available all over the web.  A few good investigative reporting pieces in the "New Times" (free) from time to time. You'll find local freebie papers in your area that might be a good source of local classifieds. The equipment exchange here and on other boards is a great source of firearms for sale. Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
He's right, everytime I buy one I wonder why I wasted the money.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
... The East Valley Tribune is a Conservative newspaper

www.eastvalleytribune.com/
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
the republic is the biggest paper by far but some of the articles a very liberal, but the classifieds are the best for guns :), you could always not suscribe to any and just read them all online.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I wasn't necessarily gonna subscribe, but some newspapers don't allow you to read all of their articles online.

I appreciate the help fellas.

Got a link for the "republic"? (I'm no liberal, but I don't wanna have to drive to the east valley )
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I currently work for the Tribune and would say that both papers (Republic and Tribune) have there pro's and con's.  I think the Tribune has better local news stories, where the Republic has better classifieds.

The Tribune is by far (large margins) cheaper to subscribe to.  Don't spread the word to much, but if you want  something placed in the classifieds with the Tribune let me know and i'll try to hook you up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I read the free one that comes once a week.  I like it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I currently work for the Tribune and would say that both papers (Republic and Tribune) have there pro's and con's.  I think the Tribune has better local news stories, where the Republic has better classifieds.

The Tribune is by far (large margins) cheaper to subscribe to.  Don't spread the word to much, but if you want  something placed in the classifieds with the Tribune let me know and i'll try to hook you up.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:07:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Get a copy of NEW TIMES!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Get a copy of NEW TIMES!

... published by Godless hippies
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a copy of NEW TIMES!

... published by Godless hippies, psychos, dykes and transvestites!

fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
The Sonoran News is another conservative paper, www.sonorannews.com.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a copy of NEW TIMES!

fixed it.

ALL SHOULD BE BANNED !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a copy of NEW TIMES!

fixed it.

ALL SHOULD BE BANNED !!!!!!!!

Ditto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top