Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 7:33:30 PM EDT
I have a friend who lives in Goodyear and he is wanting to get a handgun (he doesn't own any guns yet). I need to know where the best place I can take him is where he can get a good deal that is in the general area.

I think he is thinking about getting a Glock or maybe go even cheaper (maybe a Ruger or something). Give me some suggestions for gun shops or even pistols for a new guy (he doesn't like revolvers all that much).

I am kinda new to the area too, so please try and be more specific than saying "bob's guns and ammo" or something because I'll have no idea where that is...

Isn't Lone Wolf around here? I've heard good stuff about them, where are they (if they are worth checking out)?

(I am living in Surprise right now, just to give you an idea of where I'm at too)

Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Lone Wolf would be a good choice, they are the the NW corner of 51st Ave and Peoria...

Good selection, good prices...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Lone Wolf would be a good choice, they are the the NW corner of 51st Ave and Peoria...

Good selection, good prices...

Cool I will have to check them out, even if it's just for me.

I know they are big on Glocks, but would they have other handguns and stuff? Maybe SKS's, or AR's even?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:47:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Goodyear too. And Randall's in Glendale at 51st Ave & Olive.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on Sportsmans off Dysart and McDowell  [next to Lowes]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Sportman's is very good, has decent prices.
Lone Wolf has given me sketchy customer service in the past despite being fairly regular, they usually have good prices on Glocks.
I haven't been over there yet but there is also Guns Plus is on Dysart just past Grand.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen the sportsmans wharehouse, and I like them but I am not sure they usually have really good prices on handguns do they?

Thanks for all the help so far, keep 'em coming!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Give Guns Plus a try. There are on Dysart between Bell and Grand. They recently doubled their shop space and have a pretty good selection.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 for Guns Plus, Ken is the owner and always provided good service for me.  I have bought a couple of guns from him as well as CCW classes for my wife and I.  Also, if your friend can wait there is a "Crossroads" gunshow coming up in Feb.

-goose
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Sportsmans is a good choice for BIG selection... Recently bought a P22 there..  Love it!!!

I also like Randals... Not a large selection though...

I never pass up an opportunity to drop in on Copper State Guns.... Bill is quite a character and has some pretty decent prices... Does my FFL transfers for me... (Southwest corner of Glendale and 65th 'I believe'...)

Guns Plus is right up the street from me (well a ways up the street) and has a great shop, but their prices are on the high side.. IMO

....... Opinions are like bungholes, Everyone has one but no one believes theirs stinks .......

Have fun!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 on Guns Plus and Sportsmans. Have bought at both places. Shooters World at 28th Ave and Indian School isn't bad. Got a great price on my HK USPc .40 there. Got it used but looked brand new. Would be surprised if 500rds had been through it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
+1 for Guns Plus, Ken is the owner and always provided good service for me.  I have bought a couple of guns from him as well as CCW classes for my wife and I.  Also, if your friend can wait there is a "Crossroads" gunshow coming up in Feb.

-goose

Another +1 for Ken at guns plus!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top