Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:24:41 AM EDT
www.mgshooters.com

Anyone going? I have the dvd & was thinking of driving out from TX. I've never been to a MG Shoot and have wanted to visit AZ for awhile. I emailed the site about nearby hotels, spectator prices, etc.

Due to the size of the range, it looks like future shoots could be HUGE...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that the one where you can only go if you have Class 3 weapons?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been going since 2000 and it is worth every penny.

Full auto isn't required, just encouraged.

If you are not sure about the expanse and you live in AZ I suggest you pickup a non-shooters badge and just check it out for a day/night.

Hopefully they will be bringing back the tracer shoots this year.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:43:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If you go for just a day, I would recommend Saturday. We try to keep the airplanes coming pretty regularly all day on Saturday. And the party that night is usually pretty good as well...

GT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone that lives in the area have names/addresses/etc for hotels? No reply yet from the MGShooters...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of hotels/motels around there.  Wikieup itself just has a couple of gas stations with quickie marts in them.  Your best bet may be to book a hotel in Kingman (about 35-40 minutes NW of the shoot site) for Friday/Saturday night if you don't want to camp out.  Most folks either rent RV's to sleep in or use tents.  There are porta potties on site that may or may not have puke in them after Saturday night!

As far as NFA weapons, you don't have to have them to buy a space on the line, but it is encouraged.  If you don't bring any weapons just buy the $25 spectator pass.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of hotels/motels around there.  Wikieup itself just has a couple of gas stations with quickie marts in them.  Your best bet may be to book a hotel in Kingman (about 35-40 minutes NW of the shoot site) for Friday/Saturday night if you don't want to camp out.  Most folks either rent RV's to sleep in or use tents.  There are porta potties on site that may or may not have puke in them after Saturday night!

As far as NFA weapons, you don't have to have them to buy a space on the line, but it is encouraged.  If you don't bring any weapons just buy the $25 spectator pass.

The absolute LAST place I would go to puke when surrounded by nothing but open desert is a porta john...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
How far is the shoot from Phoenix? I assumed the shoot was in/near Scottsdale since their mailing addr. is Scottsdale. Obviously I haven't looked at the map on their site yet...

Ok, just looked at the map on their site & a map of AZ. Is there anything cool in Flagstaff? Drive out check out the city then come out to the shoot on Fri/Sat. Maybe camp out.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]
The shoot site is about 3 hours NW of Phoenix and probably an hour and a half SW of Flagstaff.  The Grand Canyon is a little over an hour North of Flag, there is Sunset Crater NM and Waputki Ruins near there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top