Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 8:31:11 PM EDT
For all you Tucsonans, if you have not been to the new Sportsman's Warehouse, you must go immediately. I had never been to one until yesterday, but it is easily my new favorite store. Tons of guns, cheap ammo (albeit crappy ammo), holsters, outdoor clothing, scopes, sights, basically a Home Depot for the outdoors.

That is all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]
And LOTS of reloading stuff - bullets, primers, brass and POWDER!!!

Midway USA will be losing a lot of business from me, I think.

Plus, Sportsman's Warehouse is only about 5 minutes from my house.  That's dangerously close.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#2]
they are good but they dont carry any small parts for dillon machines, and I hate to say it but the three people I've talked to there about reloading dont know crap.  so enjoy the good prices but be careful about their advice
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I had a less than pleasant experience with an old-timer behind the gun counter already. The only bad thing is that it's about 30 minutes away from my house...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The place sucks like costco, I always end up paying more than I had intended.

ETA: they have a news paper in their doorway they print, it has a 10 bucks off any apparrel coupon that expires at the end of the month. No minimum dollar amount on the coupon.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw there the other day that Rose Canyon Lake had been stocked last week, but the AZ Fish and Game website shows no scheduled stocking for that lake all month...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#6]
It's the best thing here since Bob's Bargain Barn went tits up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I went in there with a gift card and bonus money.  $2400.  It was not busy.  I could not keep the attention of either clerk at the counter.  I tried my best to buy a handgun and could not.  I wrote a letter to the store manager and got exactly zero response.  

Sportsmans Warehouse looks cool, but their service sucks hot, sick, ass.  Fuck them!

I probably should have made a rant post over it, but this will do.

Any handgun they have hanging on their wire rack is scratched and abused, and they won't have any others in stock.  If you want to buy a fingerfucked and abused gun, this is the place for you.

I will be getting a refund for the gift card.  

Oh, yeah, fuck them and the horse they rode in on!!  Their AR platform prices are too high too!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Lots of good stuff there lots of overpriced stuff there, it has an over abundance of worthless sales staff on hand with minimal to no knowledge of product. Good if you know what you want and the price is right. go else where if you need knowledgable advice or help. JMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top