Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:41:40 PM EDT
Originally posted in GD:

Dinner plans for this evening, after a very productive and positive day:

Johnsonville beer brats in a bun with Jack Daniels spicy mustard, topped with Hormel chili, Kraft shreeded sharp cheddar cheese, and homemade Kimchee (that, by the way, fermented in my garage for a good month until the mold took a large metal object to scrape off). A real man's "chili dog!"

Wash it down with a few cold ones watching something unimportant on TV.

What say you, Arfcom? What are you having for dinner tonight?

You AZ brothers don't know what you are missing. Good stuff, guys, good stuff.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:03:11 PM EDT
Man you're gonna have some killer farts after that dinner!!

I'm having a couple Arby's swiss melts, fries, some Fat Tire ale and a cherry turnover. Too lazy to cook anything.

I like Kimchee but can never bring myself to buy a jar.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:26:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PRKsux:
Man you're gonna have some killer farts after that dinner!!

Yeah, I the dog will stay too far away, to blame him.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:29:05 PM EDT
I was with you up until moldy kimchee.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:01:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By richardh247:
Originally posted in GD: What say you, Arfcom? What are you having for dinner tonight?

Well, I had a couple Elk Filets grilled over some mesquite wood from my back yard that where marinated is a little wine, fresh onion and garlic with a Hot baked potato somthered in real butter and sour cream and followed by apples baked on the grill with cinnamon sugar. Wash it all down with some Diet Coke.... Yummy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:17:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Genesis13:

Originally Posted By richardh247:
Originally posted in GD: What say you, Arfcom? What are you having for dinner tonight?

Well, I had a couple Elk Filets grilled over some mesquite wood from my back yard that where marinated is a little wine, fresh onion and garlic with a Hot baked potato somthered in real butter and sour cream and followed by apples baked on the grill with cinnamon sugar. Wash it all down with some Diet Coke.... Yummy.

OK, you win
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:28:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By steve-oh:
I was with you up until moldy kimchee.

All Kimchee molds. You scrape that off and the cabbage underneath is actually what you eat. The mold ferments the cabbage and lets the flavor saturate properly while the spices disintegrate into the liquid that the cabbage sucks up.

It's not for everyone, but I enjoy flavors that are not considered the "norm."

Also, bear in mind that MY Kimchee recipe is probably nothing like real, authentic Kimchee. I just don't have someone to teach me the traditional methods, but I doubt my Googled recipe was handed down for generations over in Korea and finally immigrated to the US via the Internet. Hopefully one day some kind, Asian lady of years will take me by the hand and teach me the proper way and ingredients. Until then, though, I'll keep enjoying mine.

And yes, you definately clear rooms the following day

Top Top