Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 9:41:24 PM EDT

Toddler drowns in Ahwatukee pool

A 15-month-old boy drowned Friday afternoon after his family found him floating in their pool earlier in the day, police said.

The parents and grandparents of Escobar Brown were occupied in the parent's home near 44th and Bannock Streets when the boy apparently went through an opened security gate near the in-ground pool, Phoenix Fire Department officials said.

The family told police a landscaper opened the gate to the fence to check on some plants, police said.

The boy's mother found the boy in the pool at about 2 p.m. under a floating pool cover. The family attempted to do CPR before firefighters arrived, they said.

He was flown to Maricopa County Hospital, where he died at 4 p.m.

"occupied"!?? WTF does that mean?

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't get it either. My grandparents had a pool. My grandma babysat me every day for my first 3 years. Never an issue. If I was outside, so was she.

My wife grew up with a pool, never an issue with her or her brother.

I've only been in AZ for a little over 4 years, but I swear, I have never heard about more kids drowning since I moved here from San Jose. Is this just due to the amount of more pools? Or more people being able to afford pools? Or do we just have some stupid people in this state with us?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Or do we just have some stupid people in this state with us?

Nail on the head...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Darwin at work. Those asshats should have never been allowed to breed. This is natures way of culling the gene pool. I hate to sound so damn callosed, but WTF?!?!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Darwin at work. Those asshats should have never been allowed to breed. This is natures way of culling the gene pool. I hate to sound so damn callosed, but WTF?!?!

I can understand the sentiment, but unfortunately, the asshats didn't drown, the child did.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
It is the fault of the company who built the pool.  No honest man needs more water than the water coming out the shower head!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Evolution in action.  People that are stupid enough to let their children drown in a swimming pool have their defective genes removed from the human pool.

Personally I think people should have to pass both an intelligence test and a financial test before being allowed to breed and should be legally barred from divorce until the child has graduated high school, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon.  So kids will continue to drown, bake in cars, be left in dumpsters, starved, beaten, shaken or burned to death.  And with a world population of 6 billion it makes little difference in the grand scheme of things...which is really sad.

It sounds harsh, but there's nothing I or anyone else can do to protect people, or their children, from their own stupidity.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Occupied = inside mixing margaritas & doing shots
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#8]
It's obvious that we should ban pools. After all, it's for the children.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Occupied = inside mixing margaritas & doing shots

Don't forget cooking up some meth!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#10]
It's not that hard for 4 adults to watch a kid.  It is however impossible for 4 self absorbed idiots to do it.  Liberals want to make a big stink about gun registration and licensing, but they let morons like this breed and care for children.  Many more children have died from this kind of neglect than have been killed by shootings, accidental or otherwise.  If they really wanted to "protect the children" (and they really don't give a rat's ass to be truthful), they'd pass laws that required prospective parents to prove minimum levels of finances, intellegence and stability AND pass laws doling out stiff punishment to parents that let their kids die due to serious incompetence.  And of ciourse, it will never happen.

Does anyone in the mainstream ever wonder why the liberals are always taking about "for the children", yet when a judge gives a child rapist 6 months for raping a little girl it's the liberals who defend the judge and his nutty sentence and  the conservatives who want his balls on a platter and the rapist locked up for life?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top