Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:10:39 AM EDT
Gun shop owner robbed, beaten

The owner of a Tucson gun shop was hospitalized Thursday after he was attacked and robbed of several firearms at his East Side store, police said.

Jerry Zwicker, the owner of Jerry's Gun Exchange, was working when he was severely beaten, his daughter, Robin Zwicker, said Thursday night.

While the attacker did steal several guns, Tucson police are still trying to determine the motive because many valuable items were left in the store, said Sgt. Mark Robinson, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

Zwicker managed to call 911 just before noon to tell police what happened, he said.

When emergency personnel arrived at the store at 6480 E. 22nd St., they found Zwicker, 78, and he was taken to a hospital, Robinson said.

"He is in the trauma unit and is under excellent care," Robin Zwicker said. "He is stable right now, but he suffered severe injuries."

She said her father has had the store since 1984 and nothing like this had ever happened to him.
"The store has been robbed before, but he's never been directly assaulted," she said. "I am very concerned. This is a very traumatic event and I just pray that he will be OK."

Police were following leads on the case and could not release any further information Thursday night.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 911 or 88-CRIME, the anonymous tip line of the Pima County Attorney's Office.

I wonder if he finally just pissed off the wrong customer.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:47:10 AM EDT
Makes me wonder if someone kicked his ass and stole guns.....

Or if someone kicked his ass, left... and then some other people came in, saw him out cold and helped themselves.

Seriously though, who shops there? I bought a box of .40 there once.... and based off of that experience I'd never go there again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:43:49 AM EDT
So I take it this Jerry fella was a crotchety old cockbag?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:21:44 PM EDT
The old asshole probably just pissed off the wrong person. They kicked his ass and took a few guns for good measure.
Karma's a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:25:22 PM EDT
I would never wish something like this on anyone, but if it had to happen to one of our local "gun" dealers, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:45:39 AM EDT
I sure wish I could see the video tape of him getting his ass beat. I'd make a T-shirt out of it, and wear it into his shop.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:31:20 PM EDT
maybe the guy was an ass but does that justify the apparent joy some AZHTF's ASSHOLES take in hearing about a 78 year old man getting severely beaten??

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:15:31 PM EDT
I take it this fella wasn't too good in consumer relations?

I hate to see a shop owner robbed, beaten and humiliated.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 6:54:59 PM EDT by 1911builder]
I have been to Jerry's Gun Exchange. I have tried to spend money there. Jerry is suffering from a very severe back injury and is in pain almost all of the time. I am not his customer and he is not my friend. Jerry is really not an easy person to get along with, BUT, he did NOTHING to deserve the beating he recieved from his assailants. Nor does he need any beating from the AZHTF. Condoning violent assaults and attacks on defenseless people diminish all members of ARFCOM. Charles the Gunsmith
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:36:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 7:56:08 PM EDT by hobbs5624]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:08:16 PM EDT
defenseless in a gun shop? Are you fucking kidding me?

I dont wish pain like that on people, but god damn... defenseless is NOT a term you can use to describe someone who works in a gun shop while they are AT the gun shop.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:47:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 8:49:27 AM EDT by Agent_Scott]
I'm with Bad_Aim on this one. WTF? The workers have been armed in every gunshop I've ever been to. Even in Maryland! How did this happen? I mean there is at least one Darwin award where a guy tried to rob a gun store and was gunned down. I can't believe someone got away with it.

I wish I was a fly on the wall that day. I'm just curious as to what happened.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:52:40 AM EDT
color me jaded but i have one word to describe my thoughts about the incident,,,, KARMA

i don't see anyone running around crying when an asshole on the street gets thumped for being a prick or a road rage battle.

just cuz he's 78 yrs old and a gun store owner doesn't mean shit. you pro-jerry guys would be piling on the band waggon if this was an anti-gun establishment owner getting his shit beat down.

i know this guy was a complete asshole in the real world and i have very little simpathy for him.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:44:49 AM EDT
F him. Too bad it never happened to Stumpy, err, I mean One Legged ASA Bob.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:30:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911builder:
I have been to Jerry's Gun Exchange. I have tried to spend money there. Jerry is suffering from a very severe back injury and is in pain almost all of the time. I am not his customer and he is not my friend. Jerry is really not an easy person to get along with, BUT, he did NOTHING to deserve the beating he recieved from his assailants. Nor does he need any beating from the AZHTF. Condoning violent assaults and attacks on defenseless people diminish all members of ARFCOM. Charles the Gunsmith

If he's a jackass because he has health issues and that keeps him from interacting with HIS CUSTOMERS in a professional manner then he shouldn't be in a retail business.
He must not need the income from that "business" because from what I see, he has very little.
He's a jackass plain and simple and karma's a bitch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:01:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 12:02:27 AM EDT by sonofbp]

Originally Posted By Boog:
maybe the guy was an ass but does that justify the apparent joy some AZHTF's ASSHOLES take in hearing about a 78 year old man getting severely beaten??

Maybe people who have never had the "pleasure" of attempting to do business with Jerry shouldn't spout up about sh!t they don't know and not make personal attacks against other members of the board.

Yes it is fvcked up to take joy in the injury of an old man.
However, I am very surprised his lack social skills didn't invite physical repremands prior to this event.

With his known talents for being general asshole and lack of the ability to STFU maybe, just maybe, he antagonized the situation and caused the violent escalation of the robbery.

On the same note I hope the POS thieves get caught and enjoy some time with bubba in the local penal system.

Why he didn't just shoot the thief or thieves I just don't understand.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:38:04 PM EDT
While I don't know the guy or condone violence, I have heard long tales about him. The way he acts, from what I have heard, I'm surprised it wasn't done before. Also I'm sure he probably brought it upon himself.

Yes, the reaction was definately an overreaction. But the was the guy is, he had to expect something at some point. Eventually if you piss off enough people, you will piss off the wrong person. Again, not condoning it, but he had to see it coming.

That said, I hope the punks get caught!
Top Top