Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 3:16:59 AM EDT
Hello Arizona,

I will soon be traveling to the free State of Arizona for training from the free State of Nevada. I know that some laws between the states differ so I can use some info.

I am a Nevada firearms instructor and I possess valid Nevada and Utah CCW permits. If possible I would like some insight of Arizona gun laws (i.e. law enforcement contact, concealed carry, open carry, vehicle transportation of handguns; ammunition for pistol and rifle and legal possession and transportation of my M4 Carbine).

Also, info on the law referencing edged weapons (i.e. type, blade length, concealment, etc.); pepper spray and ASP Baton (I am certified for the ASP) would be very helpful.

Any responses would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Your Brother in Arms in Nevada
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
send in your form to transfer NFA items?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#2]
You pack an M4, pistol, knife, ASP and pepper spray when traveling? In Arizona a MagLite is considered essential.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The M4 is semi-auto.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You pack an M4, pistol, knife, ASP and pepper spray when traveling? In Arizona a MagLite is considered essential.

Yep,

One can never be too safe with the Jackalope and the Desert Yeti running around your neck of the woods.

BTW: Is it legal for me to have a bayonet lug and an adjustable beam on my MagLite?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Look....

We don't take too kindly to strangers in these parts.  So go about your business peacefully and be gone.  And when you're here, you're subject to the same ACCOUNT LOCKINGS as any other AZ member.

Keep your nun chucks and chinese stars in your mini van, and you won't have to worry about any L.E. contact!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Look....

We don't take too kindly to strangers in these parts.  So go about your business peacefully and be gone.  And when you're here, you're subject to the same ACCOUNT LOCKINGS as any other AZ member.

Keep your nun chucks and chinese stars in your mini van, and you won't have to worry about any L.E. contact!

Woaaa! Hold on there Hoss....

Is this how you treat guests and fellow gun folks who visit that want to do the right thing?

If I recall, anytime an AZ Member (or any other member for that matter) mosies over to the Nevada forum with a million questions we try our best to extend our hospitality, and we are more than happy to give as much info as we can. Whether it's a passin' thru traveler or someone relocating, we are always gracious.

I just wanted some simple info to make my trip within the law. I'll get the info from somewhere else.

Oh yea, LOCK AWAY if you must.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
please don't mind markm.

he's not to be taken too seriously.

he's our resident........umm.....................uhh.........................................................

I'm at a loss here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M4 is semi-auto.

and if its not an SBR then it isnt much of an M4 now is it.

how about AR carbine?  sounds way less "I'm a 13 year old counter strike playing freak"  doesnt it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Joe, Welcome to AZ.  

Don't be discouraged buy this thread.  Your likely to run into ASSHOLES anywhere you go.
You just happened to get a couple in a row here.

I spend more time in the firearms forums than anywhere else and this thread is a perfect example as to why.   There's alway's a few who enjoy posting for aparently no other reason than to see there post # increase even if they have nothing to add to the discusion or any help to provide.  

Joe if you need info on state laws just shoot me an E-mail and I'll send you a copy of the Arizona Gun Owners Guide.  We supply them to our students.  That should help answer your Q's.

Be Safe,
Mostow241
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Joe, Welcome to AZ.  

Don't be discouraged buy this thread.  Your likely to run into ASSHOLES anywhere you go.
You just happened to get a couple in a row here.

I spend more time in the firearms forums than anywhere else and this thread is a perfect example as to why.   There's alway's a few who enjoy posting for aparently no other reason than to see there post # increase even if they have nothing to add to the discusion or any help to provide.  

Joe if you need info on state laws just shoot me an E-mail and I'll send you a copy of the Arizona Gun Owners Guide.  We supply them to our students.  That should help answer your Q's.

Be Safe,
Mostow241

Finally,

An Arizona board member with courtesy and respect.

Thanks Mostow241, I will email you for the info.

For those of you that need a lesson in "board manners" when another member needs help/info READ AND LEARN
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#12]

We have a reputation to protect here you know!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#13]
AZ, Future site of Peoples Rebublic of Eastern California.

You guys need to lighten up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Yet another Dim Bulb that can't sense a joke right in front of his face!

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
May all of you have a happy and safe New Year!

Cheers!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why any of you would "work" so hard to give your state HTF an undesirable reputation,is incomprehensible to many of us.

Apparently what you (and a handful of others) think is funny,many others find juvenile, sophomoric and offensive.

If you want to be treated like a grown up,you need to start acting like one.The same BS repeated over a long period of time, transforms from something that was initially funny to something objectionable.

I hope AZHTF members like mostow241, take over this forum and make it the respectable,cooperative and friendly place it once was.

On a more pleasant note:

Thank you Ed,

Same to you and yours.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why any of you would "work" so hard to give your state HTF an undesirable reputation,is incomprehensible to many of us.

Apparently what you (and a handful of others) think is funny,many others find juvenile, sophomoric and offensive.

If you want to be treated like a grown up,you need to start acting like one.The same BS repeated over a long period of time, transforms from something that was initially funny to something objectionable.

I hope AZHTF members like mostow241, take over this forum and make it the respectable,cooperative and friendly place it once was.

On a more pleasant note:

Well said indeed sir!  
AMEN!
ishoot, not all of the Arizona members are like the rude ones who replied to your thread.  
The small minority of AZ members who never tire of lashing out at anyone they perceive as an "outsider" is not representative of the majority of folks in this great state.
While there may indeed be a multitude of reasons, which vary widely in degrees of validity, why they act as they do, nonetheless the result is the same.
Pay them no mind and feel free to bring your semi-auto M4 style weapon with you.  I believe anything under a 4" blade knife is good to go.  You may want to do a few google searches as well as checking out packing.org for more information.
By and large, you can expect  little trouble from the LEO's in this state.  Welcome.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Are any of you MORONS able to tell a joke when you see it?

It puzzles me how fucking stupid many of the members here can be.  Obviously the lingo in my reply was a parody of the OLD WEST.  Even the author of the thread was able to see this and reply with "hoss" in his response.

Shit!  You gutless peckerheads don't seem too worried about some of the borderline COC violations by some of the above replies.  

Anyway,  NOT everyone here is an anal panzy, man.  If you want to ring some gongs in the desert, let me know.  We'll get out there and tear it up.

w00t!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to our Nevada brethren.  Please come here and spend some of the money I lost in your state. (I plan to go back and recoup).  Cime down south to Sierra Vista and you will be very welcome.  If you are a vet you will fit right in.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
ishoot, not all of the Arizona members are like the rude ones who replied to your thread.
The small minority of AZ members who never tire of lashing out at anyone they perceive as an "outsider" is not representative of the majority of folks in this great state.
While there may indeed be a multitude of reasons, which vary widely in degrees of validity, why they act as they do, nonetheless the result is the same.
Pay them no mind and feel free to bring your semi-auto M4 style weapon with you. I believe anything under a 4" blade knife is good to go. You may want to do a few google searches as well as checking out packing.org for more information.
By and large, you can expect little trouble from the LEO's in this state. Welcome.

Quoted:
Welcome to our Nevada brethren.  Please come here and spend some of the money I lost in your state. (I plan to go back and recoup).  Cime down south to Sierra Vista and you will be very welcome.  If you are a vet you will fit right in.

Thank you paratrooper318 and threefeathers.

I also want to thank all of the courteous folks that made my visit to the AZHTF comfortable and informative. On the other hand, some on this board treated me poorly, and some downright insulted me as if I were a green pea in the firearms industry, because I didn't use the exact teminology and nomenclature to suit their liking regarding my AR Carbine.

And thanks to Ed Sr. for personally putting an end to the unprovoked attacks.

Let me say this: If anyone from this forum (or any other forum) ever needs any information regarding a visit or relocation to Nevada, we in the NVHTF will always be happy to provide you with information, and we will always extend our hospitality and friendship to our fellow brothers and sisters in arms in the neighboring State of Arizona.

Please feel free to stop by the NHTF and say hello some time. We have a great group of people in our forum.

Happy New Year to All.....

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director
Line of Fire, LLC
Professional Firearms Training Group
Las Vegas, Nevada
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:04:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm going to allow someone with more facts than I suggest to you what is and isn't allowed, but I can tell you from my expeiences the following:

LEO interaction has almost always been very positive.  The police here appear to be the types that expect you to be armed, and open carry and 1911's with the hammer cocked don't seem to phase them.  Granted, there are jerk cops - just like in any profession - but the majority I have interacted with are more willing to compare guns (in conversation only, of course) than they are to hassle you over one.  

Being a CCW holder in Nevada, I highly doubt you will feel any friction should you get stopped here.  And that is especially true if you are carrying your training credentials, as long as you are not the type to flaunt them screaming about how much more you know than they do.  And you don't strike me as the type.  Because of this, I would not worry about a knife, OC, or an Asp.  I carry my Kimber, OC, and an Asp and a Maglite when I visit a certain property I manage, and not one single cop has said anything to me about what is on my belt...  And I do not even have a CCW.

I've been stopped 4 times in my truck (last time was '99, so might need to double check me here) with my loaded 45.  It was on the seat, in plain sight.  I just kept my hands on the wheel after I turned on the dome light, and everything went smoothly.  Most cops I know have no interest in touching your weapons, unless they have an inkling to run the SN for validity.  

So, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about carrying anything here you'd normally carry there.  Even if you commit a small infraction, I'd wager the officer would simply explain the offense and request you correct it.  If you agree to comply and are sincere, you'll be on your way with a big, "Enjoy your stay!"  Of course, I do NOT need to tell you about open containers or DUI, right?  Very strict here.  You can be arrested for driving under the INFLUENCE.  Don't let the .08 fool you.  If the officer wants, he can bust you for driving under the influence of cough syrup.  Welcome to Joe's county  Over 2,300 arrests for DUI since Thanksgiving.  

You didn't mention what you were coming into town for specifically, but if you have a few free moments and will be around the Phoenix area, PM me for directions to my house and I'll BBQ you up a thick steak, equip you with an ice cold beer or soda, and regale you with stories.  Always willing to head out to the desert and blow stuff up, too!  Camy and I open our home and hospitality to you and (if applicable) your family during your stay.  I hope it is a positive experience for you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:42:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm going to allow someone with more facts than I suggest to you what is and isn't allowed, but I can tell you from my expeiences the following:

LEO interaction has almost always been very positive.  The police here appear to be the types that expect you to be armed, and open carry and 1911's with the hammer cocked don't seem to phase them.  Granted, there are jerk cops - just like in any profession - but the majority I have interacted with are more willing to compare guns (in conversation only, of course) than they are to hassle you over one.  

Being a CCW holder in Nevada, I highly doubt you will feel any friction should you get stopped here.  And that is especially true if you are carrying your training credentials, as long as you are not the type to flaunt them screaming about how much more you know than they do.  And you don't strike me as the type.  Because of this, I would not worry about a knife, OC, or an Asp.  I carry my Kimber, OC, and an Asp and a Maglite when I visit a certain property I manage, and not one single cop has said anything to me about what is on my belt...  And I do not even have a CCW.

I've been stopped 4 times in my truck (last time was '99, so might need to double check me here) with my loaded 45.  It was on the seat, in plain sight.  I just kept my hands on the wheel after I turned on the dome light, and everything went smoothly.  Most cops I know have no interest in touching your weapons, unless they have an inkling to run the SN for validity.  

So, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about carrying anything here you'd normally carry there.  Even if you commit a small infraction, I'd wager the officer would simply explain the offense and request you correct it.  If you agree to comply and are sincere, you'll be on your way with a big, "Enjoy your stay!"  Of course, I do NOT need to tell you about open containers or DUI, right?  Very strict here.  You can be arrested for driving under the INFLUENCE.  Don't let the .08 fool you.  If the officer wants, he can bust you for driving under the influence of cough syrup.  Welcome to Joe's county  Over 2,300 arrests for DUI since Thanksgiving.  

You didn't mention what you were coming into town for specifically, but if you have a few free moments and will be around the Phoenix area, PM me for directions to my house and I'll BBQ you up a thick steak, equip you with an ice cold beer or soda, and regale you with stories.  Always willing to head out to the desert and blow stuff up, too!  Camy and I open our home and hospitality to you and (if applicable) your family during your stay.  I hope it is a positive experience for you.

Richard!

Thank you so much for taking the time to not only answer most of my original questions, but to also extend sincere Southwestern hospitality. I am traveling to AZ to take a CCW course.

I have a solid background in LE, Military and Civilian firearms and I certainly have the credentials (that I will have with me when I travel) to spark up a good conversation with LEO's and civies alike. I am not one to flaunt my background and if I were to have contact with LE I would be as humble as a loyal huntin' dog. I am pro-LE and most of my buds are either civilian LEO's or MP's.

I have all the proper paperwork for the firearms that I will be traveling with and I am certified for the ASP and OC. I did have a couple of more questions though: How does LE treat items such as body armor, gas masks and survival gear? Whenever I leave town I always grab my "Bug-Out" bag and it contains the aforementioned items.

Some may ask: "What do you need all that for?" and my response to that question is that when I am away from home my vehicle is my only security and refuge and I can only depend on myself for survival should the proverbial "ballon" go up. I think most people of like mind feel the same way that I do.

Anyway, thanks again and please accept my belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Years greetings to you and yours.

I'll try to IM you when I get to Phoenix.

Be Safe.

Joe
Writing from the FREE State of Nevada....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:23:13 AM EDT
[#25]
ishoot2live,

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, as well, though it may be belated.  I trust your holiday season was safe and filled with love...

I can't really answer your questions, as I've never carried survival items and been stopped.  But, if you think about it, why is any cop going to want to search your car if you're not being squirrely and are completely honest?  They'd probably not even know what's in the bag, especially if it is in the trunk, but I feel your sense of necessity in knowing.  

But I would again refer to you to my initial post, which alluded to this statement:

If it's ok in NV, it's probably ok here.  And if it is not, you'll more than likely be asked to correct the situation, rather than suffering any penalty (read:  citation) for it.  

Body armor is probably going to raise an officer's eyebrows, for reasons I am sure you can understand.  But it's not illegal that I know of.  If they know you have it, I imagine you're going to be subjected to a line of questioning you normally wouldn't be, and the gas mask, etc is only going to make a cop suspiscious.  I would suggest not getting stopped in the first place, of course, but if you do just answer their questions honestly and be prepared to explain yourself.  

My personal recommendation would be to leave the BOB in the trunk, and clip registration, insurance, and DL to the visor, including your CCW.  That way, if you do get stopped, you will not be putting your hands anywhere near your gun to provide what the officer asks for.  When he or she sees you are a CCW holder, they will ask if you are armed.  I go one step further (or used to, back when I could drive) and tell the officer I am armed as soon as they get to the window.  Kinda gives them a sense of expectation and keeps the surprise factor at a minum, ya know?  They're going to be less nervous if they know you aren't trying to hide anything, especially a weapon.

I wish I could be more precise, bro, but as I said the actual laws are better left to those who know.  I am only sharing my experiences.  I don't have a CCW, so I just open carry.  But I've been stopped carrying concealed probably a dozen times, and they make no fuss over the fact I have no permit.  I guess it's all about attitude.  But usually I am the one calling them, and I tell the dispatcher my description and the fact I am armed.  They ask me if I'm armed, and when I tell them, "yes, but I am not going to touch my gun" they seem satisfied.  Same thing with my Asp and OC.  I just tell them what it is and the fact I called and have no intention of touching them - good to go.  

I wouldn't worry about the small stuff, bro.  If they have to know, just tell them you are visiting me and we are going to do some mock Infantry training in the desert, and then give them my phone number.  Relax, and enjoy your trip and stay.  

And like I said, PM me and we'll swap numbers.  Camy and I would love to cook y'all some steaks and wash it down with a cold one  

Hell, I'll even let you shoot my Garand if you are looking to throw some rounds down range!  A little Tannerite and a couple of watermelons, and we are set!  Hookers and blow are optional.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
ishoot2live,

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, as well, though it may be belated.  I trust your holiday season was safe and filled with love...

I can't really answer your questions, as I've never carried survival items and been stopped.  But, if you think about it, why is any cop going to want to search your car if you're not being squirrely and are completely honest?  They'd probably not even know what's in the bag, especially if it is in the trunk, but I feel your sense of necessity in knowing.  

But I would again refer to you to my initial post, which alluded to this statement:

If it's ok in NV, it's probably ok here.  And if it is not, you'll more than likely be asked to correct the situation, rather than suffering any penalty (read:  citation) for it.  

Body armor is probably going to raise an officer's eyebrows, for reasons I am sure you can understand.  But it's not illegal that I know of.  If they know you have it, I imagine you're going to be subjected to a line of questioning you normally wouldn't be, and the gas mask, etc is only going to make a cop suspiscious.  I would suggest not getting stopped in the first place, of course, but if you do just answer their questions honestly and be prepared to explain yourself.  

My personal recommendation would be to leave the BOB in the trunk, and clip registration, insurance, and DL to the visor, including your CCW.  That way, if you do get stopped, you will not be putting your hands anywhere near your gun to provide what the officer asks for.  When he or she sees you are a CCW holder, they will ask if you are armed.  I go one step further (or used to, back when I could drive) and tell the officer I am armed as soon as they get to the window.  Kinda gives them a sense of expectation and keeps the surprise factor at a minum, ya know?  They're going to be less nervous if they know you aren't trying to hide anything, especially a weapon.

I wish I could be more precise, bro, but as I said the actual laws are better left to those who know.  I am only sharing my experiences.  I don't have a CCW, so I just open carry.  But I've been stopped carrying concealed probably a dozen times, and they make no fuss over the fact I have no permit.  I guess it's all about attitude.  But usually I am the one calling them, and I tell the dispatcher my description and the fact I am armed.  They ask me if I'm armed, and when I tell them, "yes, but I am not going to touch my gun" they seem satisfied.  Same thing with my Asp and OC.  I just tell them what it is and the fact I called and have no intention of touching them - good to go.  

I wouldn't worry about the small stuff, bro.  If they have to know, just tell them you are visiting me and we are going to do some mock Infantry training in the desert, and then give them my phone number.  Relax, and enjoy your trip and stay.  

And like I said, PM me and we'll swap numbers.  Camy and I would love to cook y'all some steaks and wash it down with a cold one  

Hell, I'll even let you shoot my Garand if you are looking to throw some rounds down range!  A little Tannerite and a couple of watermelons, and we are set!  Hookers and blow are optional.  

Richard,

Thanks again for the in-depth and considerate response  I will be staying with friends in Phoenix, and I have a pretty busy schedule so I'm not sure if I will have any time to actually hook-up, but I sincerely do appreciate the invite.

Regarding the body armor: As I mentioned in one of my posts I am traveling to AZ for firearms training. I always wear BA when I shoot around people whose skill level and safety habits I have no knowledge of. I even wear BA when I conduct my own courses, especially tactical courses, because I run a hot line at all times in those courses. Hell, I even wear BA sometimes when I shoot with buddies.

As far as getting pulled over: I never drink and drive so no worries there. I will have to get used to patronizing an establishment for something to eat that serves alcohol and having to leave my gun in the truck even though I am not drinking. This to me seems to be an assinine law. In Nevada you can be at the bar having a beer playing a roll of quarters in a slot machine and if you are not too drunk to drive you are not too drunk to be carrying CCW. Is that a good idea? Probably not. But it is not illegal.

I am human and being in unfamiliar territory I might forget to signal a turn or something while looking for a street, and that in itself is a reason for a LEO to conduct an initial stop. I always tell the officer if I am armed even though in Nevada (and I believe in AZ), I am not required under statute unless asked.

I know that after finding out that a person in a vehicle is armed LEO's sometimes will ask permission to search the vehicle. Although I have nothing to hide and I would be uncomfortable with a vehicle search (even if it was a cursory search) I would probably consent. That is when these questions usually come up: "What is this for?" "Why do you need this you're not a cop? "Why do you have all this stuff, are you paranoid or something?" And my favorite: "Do you have any knives, guns, AK47's, Rocket Launchers, Land Mines, Nuclear Bombs, or anything I should be concerned about?" I saw that one a few times on the show COPS and I thought it was hilarious.

Anyway, I'll IM you my cell phone number.

Thanks again, Bro.

Be Safe.

Joe      
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Exactly.

The rest of you,,,,, us,,,,, we,,,, whatever,,,,, are,,,,,,, oh,,,,,, just forget it.

Jay

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Thanks....

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#30]
About LEOs and guns in AZ.

Be very careful when getting pulled over with an interesting weapon.
You could be sucked into a 20 minute conversation on its features and history!!!

Azcops love guns!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like everything was covered. I haven't been pulled over since I've gotten my CCW, but I intend to make them aware of carrying as soon as I get pulled over should the time arise (I hope not.)

Enjoy your stay here. My buddies and I shoot at Shooters World in Phoenix at 28th Ave and Indian School just about every Saturday around lunch. We are always in the rifle bay with my pistols and "M4" (sorry, carbine length AR15 for the gun designation snobs ). I look like a cross between a biker and computer geek, usually with a Harley t-short on and some sort of hat. Come on over if you would like and intro yourself and we can send some lead downrange.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Short story about an AZ LEO experience.

About two years ago I started getting into the class 3 stuff and it bit me like a snake.  Now when I go to my local range I seem to draw attention between full auto and supressors.  
Anyway an average sunday morming some one that lives near the range calls the police to inform them of automatic gunfire.  

First patrol car pulls up......
officer say's: You guys shooting full auto?
Me: Yep
officer say's:Ok(as he begins to pull away)
Me: Hay you ever shoot a machine gun.
officer say's: Ya marine's
me:Your welcome to put a mag through it.
officer say's: No that's ok.
me: How about silencer's they have silencers in the marines?
officer say's: Silencer, I gotta try that. (as he gets out of the patrol car)

Second patrol car pulls up...........

To make a long story short about 2 minutes later One of them was burnin' through a couple mags with the M16 and the other was plinking with my Mark 23+can.

Niether ever bothered to ask for my paperwork.

I love this state.  Ishoot2live I'd be more worried about not wanting to leave once you get here than anything else.

Have a safe trip,
Mostow241
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Short story about an AZ LEO experience.

About two years ago I started getting into the class 3 stuff and it bit me like a snake.  Now when I go to my local range I seem to draw attention between full auto and supressors.  
Anyway an average sunday morming some one that lives near the range calls the police to inform them of automatic gunfire.  

First patrol car pulls up......
officer say's: You guys shooting full auto?
Me: Yep
officer say's:Ok(as he begins to pull away)
Me: Hay you ever shoot a machine gun.
officer say's: Ya marine's
me:Your welcome to put a mag through it.
officer say's: No that's ok.
me: How about silencer's they have silencers in the marines?
officer say's: Silencer, I gotta try that. (as he gets out of the patrol car)

Second patrol car pulls up...........

To make a long story short about 2 minutes later One of them was burnin' through a couple mags with the M16 and the other was plinking with my Mark 23+can.

Niether ever bothered to ask for my paperwork.

I love this state.  Ishoot2live I'd be more worried about not wanting to leave once you get here than anything else.

Have a safe trip,
Mostow241

Something similar happened while we were shooting tannerite.
Somebody called them out about multiple explosians.
So when he asks us to stop we inform him that we can not transport the already mixed bottles.
We offer to tape them all together and pop off one last bang.
He agrees this is the best plan and grinned like a kid on christmas when the blast went off.
We couldn't get him to try any of the toys as he decided it would be a good idea to inform the complaintant that the latest BOOM was the last.
Poor guys windows were rattling from the gatoraid bottles of tannerite.
We did actually feel bad about that, well just a little.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:30:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ya know what most cops think when they pull someone over and they have a CCW?  They think, "now there's a good American".  There are always exceptions, but most cops are politically conservative and support gun rights.  Every CCW holder I've ever stopped informed me they had a concealed weapon right away.  Every last one of them was polite, and apologetic, taking responsibility for the action that led to me stopping them.  Every last one of them was treated with respect because they were respectful of me, and every one of them got a warning instead of a ticket.  The others here are right.  Most Arizona cops love guns and responsible gun owners.  

And it's officers like you and with your attitude that help erradicate some of the stigma attached to your profession thanks to the police administrators.  Like you said, it's all about mutual respect, and I'm glad we have professionals out there like you.  Thanks, bro.

BTW:  did you get my PM sent the other day?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I have gotten out of 2 tickets here in AZ by just being polite and up front. Both were late at night/very early in the morning when I was working 3rd shift. One was because I had expired tags on my car. I had paid my registration, but we moved before we got it. Apparently the new residents got some free tags. Anyway he was going to write me a fix-it ticket because his system was down to check. I asked him to check one more time, he did and he came back and said that sure enough it was showing valid and order replacement tags.

Second time I was speeding, I admitted it. There was no one on the road, it was about 2am. He told me to slow down but understood no one was on the road, but obey the speed limit anyway.

Both were Scottsdale PD and both cool.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#37]
You're lucky to even be alive.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Ya know what most cops think when they pull someone over and they have a CCW?  They think, "now there's a good American".  There are always exceptions, but most cops are politically conservative and support gun rights.  Every CCW holder I've ever stopped informed me they had a concealed weapon right away.  Every last one of them was polite, and apologetic, taking responsibility for the action that led to me stopping them.  Every last one of them was treated with respect because they were respectful of me, and every one of them got a warning instead of a ticket.  The others here are right. Most Arizona cops love guns and responsible gun owners.  

Yup--the ones I've met do....

Enjoy your visit!

GT

Former Hendersonite...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:06:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Be Quiet. Vewy, Vewy, Quiet.......

I'm in Awizona now.....

And having a great time!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#41]
The only cops in this area that scare me are Chandler cops. They are the ones that shot that woman, right over her baby at a Walgreens that is still rather suspect to me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't know the story but ya can't lump them all in one pile because of the actions of one or a few.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Believe me I don't. My dad is a retired 17 year reserve police officer. I don't let the actions of one make the decision on the all others.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It puzzles me how fucking stupid many of the members here can be.  Obviously the lingo in my reply was a parody of the OLD WEST.  Even the author of the thread was able to see this and reply with "hoss" in his response.

Shit!  You gutless peckerheads don't seem too worried about some of the borderline COC violations by some of the above replies.  

Anyway,  NOT everyone here is an anal panzy, man.  If you want to ring some gongs in the desert, let me know.  We'll get out there and tear it up.

w00t!

If you are including me in your "any of you morons" "gutless" or "peckerhead" comment,my answer is: you got a lot of growing up to do.

As a matter of fact,you shouldn't be calling anybody in the site a moron.

I told some of you a long time ago that the drunken college fraternity-like behavior some insist on exibiting here, has to go.

So, in the same cowboy spirit: "happy trails to you".If you are interested in being here,email me in a month!

Your account is locked for name calling and additional insults in your post.

Thank you for the continued effort to make this site a source of information and a joy to visit . No one wants to encounter these other "idiots" that tend to de-mean and call others belidgerent names for asking a legitimate question.
Happy New Year to the site managers and all who enjoy talking firearms.

On that note....WELCOME to ARIZONA!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t!

If you are including me in your "any of you morons" "gutless" or "peckerhead" comment,my answer is: you got a lot of growing up to do.

As a matter of fact,you shouldn't be calling anybody in the site a moron.

I told some of you a long time ago that the drunken college fraternity-like behavior some insist on exibiting here, has to go.

So, in the same cowboy spirit: "happy trails to you".If you are interested in being here,email me in a month!

Your account is locked for name calling and additional insults in your post.

Thank you for the continued effort to make this site a source of information and a joy to visit . No one wants to encounter these other "idiots" that tend to de-mean and call others belidgerent names for asking a legitimate question.
Happy New Year to the site managers and all who enjoy talking firearms.

On that note....WELCOME to ARIZONA!!!!

Thanks doc,

I am currently in the Great state of Arizona and am having a great time!

I spoke to richard247 today, and my conversation was outstanding to say the least. I am going to try my best to have lunch or dinner with him and his better half Camy tomorrow while I am in Phoenix (I am currently in Mesa).

Here is a short post I made in the NVHTF yesterday regarding my stay here:

I am in Mesa, AZ right now.

I can't believe how gun "friendly" this community is. I was at the supermarket earlier today carrying full open (I can carry CCW with my Nevada permit but I chose open just to see the attitude). Not one person gave me a "wild" look, I guess it really is an accepted practice here. Plus the law is written to allow it (which is pretty cool).

It reminds me of how Vegas used to be 30 years ago. Pretty sad that such a pro-gun community (Vegas) is going the way of political correctness.

I am staying with an "insanely" pro-gun family, and that in itself makes it worth the trip.

I feel very comfortable here.

Anyway, just thought I would report.

Joe

PS: I do miss Vegas though....

Posted :: 5/1/2006 7:10:03 PM PST
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top